• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nov 8, 2014] Shuffle VI (Columbus, Ohio)

MrRavine

Smash Rookie
I understand that there are venue issues that are being resolved, but do we yet know if November 8th is the official date, or is that up in the air too? I have every intention of coming to this, but I need to be able to schedule off work a few weeks in advance.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Yeah I'm concerned. It sucks cuz i REALLY want you go to come to this. I don't run this event, but I know the people who do. I'll message them so see if I can get an update on this.
You know what......if this doesn't happen, I'm still gonna consider coming on by unless I can move this flight elsewhere for cheap since I've never been to C-bus and I like trying food from all sorts of places and playing new peeps. Would still much rather have this thing go down though.

Cloudx128

Smash Cadet
NNID
CloudX128
3DS FC
2509-1803-0127
I'm sad there isnt any event for Smash 4. Looking forward to it though.

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
A bit of clarification on the MLG situation.

Our event will be a qualifier for any future MLG event, should MLG decide to run smash.

We have absolutely no information on whether or not MLG is planning on running Smash again.

But, if they do, this event be a qualifier for said event.

(1UP)

Smash Apprentice
hypeeeeeeeee

PS. any consideration being made for changes in the PM stagelist?
apex 2014 rules are pretty residentsleeper at this point

Markus E-bear

Smash Rookie
NNID
MarkusEbear
3DS FC
5455-9392-7976
I will definitely bring up a different stagelist for pm. As for 3ds Smash, we will have tables set up for free play. We talked about hosting a tourney for it, but with recent complications occurring with lag and that we are already hosting 6 events, we ultimately decided against it.

Rizner

Smash Ace
Hey, I'm looking to register, but the events I enter depend on the tournament format, which is 'coming soon'. Do you have a date for when that will be decided, or a date which registration ends?

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I'm looking to come to this and I want to buy my tickets ASAP, and I have reason to buy tickets that involve me leaving Columbus via Megabus at 11pm Sunday, but I'm a little worried that the tourney will run later than that and I'll either miss the bus or have to forfeit if I'm still in the tourney :( Can anyone (ie Shuffle staff) lemme know what the chances are of the tourney running that late?

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Well it's not necessarily a matter of going past 11 pm, it's more a matter of me being able to get to the terminal to catch my bus before it leaves (which would be 11 pm)

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
This just in:

We will be running ROUND ROBIN POOLS.

We believe that RR pools provide the best tourney experience for players of all levels. So, for all SINGLES brackets, we will be running RR Pool format, into a double elimination bracket.

Just to reiterate, the event is pre-registration and pre-pay only, and registration ends November 1st, with no exceptions.

We're working to have a schedule for the event finalized soon.

Dylan Fraley

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, we are finalizing everything this week. We just wanted to make sure we are using the best maps possible and running the tournament in the most efficient way because there were a lot of hiccups last year in relation to brackets being bottlenecked which we hope to fix this year.

Xykness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XYKman
I will be accepting Sm4sh money matches.

If you guys need any help preparing this tourney, I would be willing to help in whatever way possible. Just let me know.

Freky

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Frekydelic
What's the housing situation like? I'd probably be able to megabus down there from Cleveland but I'm not sure where everyone is staying. There are a buuuunch of hotels near the venue, is there a specific one everyone is leaning towards?

Last edited:

SoulPech

Smash Master
Here is my housing schedule update:

1. Scary LB (Ed)
2. Xeroxen
3. Xerxen's Friend
4. MeekSpeedy
5. Stef
6. V115
7. Indiana 1
8. Indiana 2

I will potentially have 8 people at my house. Gonna be hype! Let me know if i'm missing someone

Bring normal hygiene stuff, pillow, and blankets

Last edited:
Top Bottom