• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Aug 14, 2015] Man on a Ledge Weekly (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania)

Dos_Equis

Smash Cadet

Pittsburgh's Official Weekly Smash Fest!
In association with CMU's OGS & Pitt's Smash Bros. Club
FB Event
PMoaL FB Event

Man on a Ledge (MoaL) operates on a weekly basis, every Friday being Melee Singles and Doubles, and every Saturday being Project M & Sm4sh Wii U. WF, LF, & GF all Bo5 in all events. Please direct questions to the Facebook Event for a more diligent response!
Stream (Brought to you by Beanwolf):
Twitch.tv/PGHNEOHSmash/

Results Thread

4:30pm - Doors open
5:30pm - Melee Doubles registration ends
7:30pm - Melee Singles registration ends
~11:30pm - Leave venue, smashfests / food runs

Melee Doubles - $1
Melee Singles - $1
Venue - $1
Pizza - $2
2:00pm - Doors open
3:30pm - Project M Doubles registration ends
3:30pm - Sm4sh Wii U Singles registration ends
5:30pm - Project M Singles registration ends
~??:??pm - Leave venue, smashfests / food runs

YOU MAY ONLY ENTER PM DOUBLES OR SM4SH WII U SINGLES! NO OVERLAP, NO EXCEPTIONS!

Sm4sh Wii U Singles - $1
Project M Doubles - $1
Project M Singles - $1
Venue - $1

Venue Information & Parking-

Campus Map

The East Campus Garage is open before 5:00pm for a small rate.
After 5:00pm, both the Garage & the Morewood Parking Lot are free. Both are free on weekends

4 stocks, 8 minutes
2 stage bans in Bo3
1 stage bans in Bo5

Neutral Stages-
Green Hill Zone
Pokemon Stadium 2
Smashville
Battlefield
Norfair

Counterpick Stages-
Yoshi's Island
Fountain of Dreams
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dreamland

*Stage list subject to change
2 stocks, 6 minutes
2 stage bans in ALL sets (Banning FD bans ALL Omega variations)
CUSTOM MOVES BANNED (SOON TO BE LEGAL!)
Mii's are legal (default set)

A Wii U setup MUST use an LCD/LED screen, not CRT.

Neutral Stages-
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville

Counterpick Stages-
Skyloft
Town and City
Lylat Cruise
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Duck Hunt
Halberd
Omega Variants
Melee Ruleset-
Standard Apex 2014 Ruleset for both Singles & Doubles

Relevant Links:

*Tournament Thread, Results Thread, & Facebook Event updated weekly.
Please direct questions & concerns to the Facebook Event.

Last edited:

Dos_Equis

Smash Cadet
Updated for Aug. 22nd! Everyone from Pitt & CMU will be back at school starting this weekend so we should see a spike in numbers!

Dillon Grandy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3969-6408-4270
So will this start at 4:00PM Exact? Im flying in from West Coast and might try to come down for this.

Dos_Equis

Smash Cadet
The venue will open at 4:30pm, and PM registration will close at 5:30pm. If you have any other questions feel free to ask, but more info can be found on the FB page as well!

OreoKirby

Smash Rookie
NNID
OreoKirby01
3DS FC
1204-0162-2881
I was wondering if you guys ever had anyone come in weekly from the Youngstown area? I live in Canfield, OH which is 15 mins from Youngstown, but there isn't many PM players around here. I've been to tourneys nearby but I have no rides outside about an hour radius until late Oct. when I'll have my own transportation. I play with 2 of my friends a lot but would like to be able to come down to MOAL since it's only about 1hr 30 away. If anyone does live around here and I could steal a ride that would be awesome but if not hopefully I'll see you people in October.

I main Shiek, Lucario and Kirby and primarily only play against Squirtle, Toon Link, Ganon and Diddy.

Dos_Equis

Smash Cadet
We had a guy named Yardo come in from Youngstown, but I believe he goes to college in Virginia. If you have a Facebook, I'd recommend posting on the MoaL event page. Yesterday we had some people come in from NE Ohio, and they probably passed somewhere near your area.

Dos_Equis

Smash Cadet
Also, I want to mention that we will be replacing Project M with Sm4sh 3DS when it comes out. I don't know how permanent of a change this will be (I'm not the official TO), but just be aware of that.

PGHDAD

Smash Rookie
My roommates and I had fun at this tonight-- our first tournament, so of course we got our asses kicked. DAD, SAD, and CUBE. Nice to meet yinz, we'll see you all again soon.

We live in bloomfield and are playing melee + drinking beers 4 night out of the week, and would like some new blood (and maybe some guidance) from other experienced players. Feel free to message me if ya want to come over for some brews and kick our asses-- that's probably the only way we'll get better.

Dos_Equis

Smash Cadet
^If you have a Facebook, definitely let people know when you're playin' smash in our PGH/NEOH group (especially if drinking is involved, lol)

Dos_Equis

Smash Cadet
Updated. This thread includes both Friday's weekly (Sm4sh Wii U Singles, Melee Doubles and Singles), and Saturday's weekly (PM Doubles and Singles). Tried to format the thread so it requires less up-keep each week, but it will be updated more diligently. If anyone has questions, the Facebook event is the quickest place to get a response.

Cheers

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Do you guys ever play Sm4sh on a weekend or later than 4 PM on a Friday? You're the only gig I know of in town but I work until 5 through the week :/

Last edited:

M@v

Subarashii!
There are talks that we may move smash 4 to Saturdays with Project M so there would be time to run smash 4 doubles too. It would be run so you can enter both singles, and either smash 4 or PM doubles. That being said though; nothing is confirmed and it's merely in the discussion stages.

As for right now, I had a smash 4 tourney/smashfest at my house yesterday (I'm like 10 minutes from the MOAL venue), and I'm going to try to do things like that more often in the mean time. That being said though; its likely not going to be a regularly scheduled thing; moreso when I have the time on Sundays (Fridays are melee/smash 4 moal right now, Saturdays are PM moals)

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Cool, glad to hear. In the meantime, if there's anyone in the area who wants a sparring buddy or just playing for fun, I'd be down. I'm in the West View area, been wanting to get into the competitive scene for years but haven't had consistent practice with pros. I've done pretty well with the Northgate crew (placed 1st in Brawl, 5th in PM) but I've got some sloppiness I need beaten out of me.

Framerate

Smash Lord
Just drove 2 hours and spent $10 on tolls to get here, and no one is here. Was this canceled this week?

Framerate

Smash Lord
Welp, $20 on toll booths, an entire tank of gas, and 5 hours of my life wasted. Thanks for keeping us updated that this was cancelled for the week...

M@v

Subarashii!
It was at a different location that week because CMU wasclosed for holiday break.this is primarily updated via Facebook because only one person controls this sb Account. Wish you would of at least posted here first before coming all that way D;

Kered13

Smash Rookie
The facebook group private...
This has been a problem for me as well. I don't have a Facebook account, and I don't intend on making one. I don't mind people using Facebook to host information like this, but it should be publicly viewable.

Dos_Equis

Smash Cadet
I wanted to apologize for all the crap you went through to come to MoaL, only to realize this thread was wrong. :/ I had fallen behind on updating this thread, and didn't realize it was still used by OoR players regularly. There isn't much I can do to fix the wasted hours and $$$, but I wanted to let everyone know that this thread will be updated more diligently, and I'll be responding to questions on here quicker.

Again, apologies, and I hope that my mistake doesn't deter you from attending our tournaments. This was completely my fault.

Framerate

Smash Lord
Nah, I think I'm good. It is too long of a drive, and costs too much, for a $1 tourney.

M@v

Subarashii!
Nah, I think I'm good. It is too long of a drive, and costs too much, for a $1 tourney.
Hopefully we can run some higher priced moals and pmoals once in a while (What ever happened to the Super Moals anyway? xD) to encourage you guys (NEOH) to come out to this end town. I love coming out to OH smash 4 tourneys, but its roughly a 2 hour drive and I just can't do that every single weekend =/, and I want to support our local scene.

Dos_Equis

Smash Cadet
Updated. PMoaL is cancelled this week for another event hosted by CMU OGS. If interested, check any of the regional FB groups for a link. I also put my phone number on here in case anyone needs to contact me. Please try and use this resource sparingly, I'm taking a risk putting it here, but I want to make sure to prevent any issues from now on. Texts are preferred haha

Dos_Equis

Smash Cadet
We get anywhere from 40 to 80 entrants in a given week. Myself and many others won't be there for Valentine's Day weekend, so I imagine it being closer to 40. Just to let you know, the Facebook event for this week is NOT up yet, but it's still on CMU campus.

Top Bottom