• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North Super Dragon Sunday! [Project M]

Super Dragon Sunday! [Project M]
Posted by Droß
Super Dragon
Sunday, April 3, 2016 - 04:00 PM
Until: Sunday, April 3, 2016 - 08:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Droß

Smash Apprentice
Super Dragon Sunday

Brought to you by the Wavedash Republic: United we Smash. Follow us @WDRepublic, and join our facebook group!

Super Dragon Sunday is the premiere Project M tournament in Rhode Island! Located in the basement of the Super Dragon restaurant, we welcome newbies and veterans alike. Come join the rising stars of New England as we duke it out to see who rules the Ocean State!

A Smash 4 bracket often runs alongside the Project M tournament, with many people showing up to compete in both!

Entry fee is $5*.

* Bring a friend to their first Super Dragon Sunday and you both get in for free!

Prizes:
1st: Donation of ~60% of entry fee pool, golden dragon*
2nd: Donation of ~25% of entry fee pool, silver dragon*
3rd: Donation of ~15% of entry fee pool, ruby dragon*

*Dragons only given out with 6 entrants or more.

Project M Ruleset:

Match format:
  • Project M version 3.6
  • Best of 3 in all sets except any kind of Finals, where it becomes a best of 5.
  • 4 Stocks, 8:00 timer.
  • Items set to NONE and OFF.
  • Dave's Stupid (Simple) Rule: Once a stage is played on, it CANNOT be chosen again for the rest of the match.
  • Giga Bowser and Wario Man are banned.
  • These rules (and those listed below) are subject to change at any point before or after a tournament. If this occurs, all players will be notified of any and all changes before the next tournament begins.

Character counterpicks happen before stages are chosen.

Ban format for first game:
  1. Player 1 bans 1 stage.
  2. Player 2 bans 2 stages.
  3. Player 1 bans 1 stage.
  4. Player 2 selects the stage.

Counterpick bans:
  1. Winner bans 3 stages from counterpick stagelist (see below).
  2. Loser picks the stage.

Starter Stagelist:
Green Hill Zone
Smashville
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium 2
Dreamland

Counterpick Stagelist:
(All starter stages)
Warioware
Castle Siege
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Norfair
Delphino's Secret

Droß

Smash Apprentice
I'll edit that into the post, but the entry fee is $3. I'm usually coming up with ways to have it waived, for example if you attend a monthly the night before or bring/refer a friend to their first Super Dragon Sunday.

Droß

Smash Apprentice
Venue fee is $4 unless you bring a setup, in which case it's free.

A setup is the following:
  • Wii
  • Cables for the Wii
  • Super Smash Bros Brawl
  • SD card loaded with Project M

gooshie123

Smash Rookie
What's the prize support usually? Can I win anything if I were to go, or is it just for fun?

wiiztec

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wiiztec
How long has this been regular? I went a year ago and was told it wasn't going to be happening again anytime soon

Droß

Smash Apprentice
How long has this been regular? I went a year ago and was told it wasn't going to be happening again anytime soon
It's been going for a little over a month, which is when I started running the tournament.

Can you bring your own dinner, considering that it's 3-8 PM in the afternoon?
You can bring food to your car, but you can't bring it inside, seeing as the venue is a chinese restaurant. You can buy the food there though; it's quite good!

gooshie123

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, I haven't been able to make it, but I have a request for the host(s) of the Project M tournament. Well, for those of you who don't know, Project M has permanently stopped development. So I wanted to know if you guys could do something to commemorate those long years that the Dev Team has spent so hard to create Project M. Thank you. Bye.

Johny_Olde

Smash Cadet
Excuse me, hi but there is no other way I can post a long message because it doesn't let me send you personal messages or type more than 420 characters. What a pain. But here was my message.

Hello, I'm new on the smashboards forum but I have a few questions. Are you able to mod Project M? I'm going to try your version of 3.6 the latest that you said you fixed the problems it had, right? I have no knowledge of modding and i don't have time to learn it. I don't have much I want in my own personal version but I just like some things from 3.5 to be included in 3.6 if you are able to. For one, I hate the new announcer in 3.6 so do u think u can put the old announcer from 3.5 in 3.6? Also, I like Bowser's victory theme from 3.5 better and just all the sound effects from 3.5. I also would like to have the Brawl menu music and Planet Zebes from N64 in... well I'd say Brinstar but I'd rather have it on Norfair. But it belongs on planet zebes stage. Can you also put 'The Road to Bowser' in Bowser's Castle? If you are able to do that, that would really all that's important.

Now if you CAN do this additional one, I've wanted to change Snake's down A to the RPG move that used to be his forward Smash move. I want it as his Down smash move. What I also want is that whenever Wario is Wario-Man, his shoulder bash move made him travel so far and so fast, it was a blast to play as him. He doesn't go fast in 3.5 so if you can make his shoulder bash make him travel far and fast, that'd be great. That'd be all I guess. But is any of that going to be possible for you?

gooshie123

Smash Rookie
Hey can you give me some info on the Smash 4 bracket. It's that a tournament for SSB4? If so, I need some info.

gooshie123

Smash Rookie
What about venue? $4 still?

P. S. If I were to come just for SSB4, could I bring in my 3DS Version for a a controller?

Vitamin J

Smash Rookie
Im interested in going to this. Do i have to bring anything with me? Equipment ? etc

Droß

Smash Apprentice
842 Newport Avenue, Pawtucket, RI is the address of the new venue for this coming Super Dragon Sunday. It's still the same otherwise!

wiiztec

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wiiztec
Wait what? it's back at the pizza place again? I won't be going there if they don't have the CRT's for PM

Last edited:
Top Bottom