• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nov 29, 2014] We are thankful for Smash 4 Wii U (Pompano Beach, FL)

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I want to host a tournament, and I think you all should come!
The event is going to take place at Versus Gaming Center, Florida's premier LAn center. They have 6 Wii U setups, so it should run quite smoothly!

Smash 4 Wii U Singles event. Doubles afterwards if we have time.

Entry Fees:
$5.00 door.
$5.00 or $10.00 per event, and consequently $10.00 or $20.00 per team. Will have a vote the day of the tournament to see.

Pot distribution:
1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

Rules:
3 Stocks, 8 Minutes
Items set to Off and None
Customs set to Off
Pause option is disabled in the game menu. If left on, accidental pausing mid match forfeits a stock.
You may not choose any stage you have won on during a set, unless agreed by both players.
A tie is determined by most stocks, and then if still tied, by percentage, and then if still tied, by Damage Given on the victory screen.

Suicide Moves:
The player that initiated a suicide move to end a match is the victor of the match, regardless of what the results screen says.

Doubles Rules

Friendly Fire enabled
Life stealing stocks from a teammate is allowed

Match Procedure

1. Players pick Mr. Game & Watch and both use side-b. The player with the higher number starts the stage-striking process.
2. Players select their characters. Either player may choose to Blind Pick. In this case, each player secretly tells a third player their character before picking with the third player verifying their selections.
3. Players take turns removing stages from the Starter Stages list above based upon the results of the previous rule. The first player to strike removes one(1) stage from the list, the second player removes two(2), and the first player then chooses from the remaining two(2) stages.
4. The players play the first match of the set
5. Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage from the full list of stages, both Starter and Counter-Pick.
6. The Losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match. Cannot choose the stage banned in the previous step, nor a stage they've already won on during this set, unless agreed.
7. The winning player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
8. The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
9. The losing player of the preceding match may change their controller port.
10. The next match is played
Repeat Steps 5 through 10 for all subsequent matches until the set is complete.

Starters:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Town and City
Smashville

Counterpicks:
Duck Hunt
Castle Siege
Halberd
Skyloft
Kongo Jungle 64
Big Battlefield (Doubles Only)

Last edited:

Leo Heart

Smash Rookie
Great rough draft stage list, I'll definitely be there.
Lots of new players are out of the facebook loop and stumble upon smashboards threads guys. Let's try and keep this thread bumped.

Leo Heart

Smash Rookie
I forgot Delfino existed. I'd be down for it as a cp. It's much less threatening in this game.

Last edited:

platomaker

Smash Journeyman
You guys are killing my gas tank. Anyone down south heading there? Kendal or Cutler ridge?

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Sorry I did not reply here at all, Smashboards doesn't always cooperate with me.

Results thread:
http://smashboards.com/threads/11-29-smash-4-wii-u-at-vs.380789/
It only has the bracket image shown, I will figure out how to upload pools next time.

Next event will be 12/20! I will be doing RR pools into bracket/amateur bracket again. Bring a system and I will personally give you 2 dollars to help with the door fee. First come first serve until the venue has 10 Wii U systems plugged in. (The store has 5 or 6, so it would be the first 4 or 5 people.)

Top Bottom