• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West [Sep 12, 2015] Salem Smashfests (Weekly) [Smash 4, Brawl] (Salem, Or)

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Thanks to everyone who made it out this week! We had a great turnout, and a great time as well!

Singles Results:
1st) Jaxas
2nd) Captain Brad
3rd) That Guy

Doubles Results:
1st) MegaMario & Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games (Jaxas/RubRub)
2nd) Rage and Hatred (TomCat/Cirby)

RubRub will link the individual matches one they're uploaded, and I'll link it here as well!

gmanownyou

Smash Cadet
NNID
gmanownyou
3DS FC
0946-3091-2616
Thanks for all those who made it for Brawl!
The placements for this week are:
1.) Urban Lion
2.) Gman
3.) That Guy
Good job Urban Lion!
Also, Jaxas is back!

Last edited:

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Attention Salem Smashers!
In light of the upcoming release of Smash 4 for 3DS, we will be moving around the dates of our tournaments in the near future. We will continue having both Melee and Brawl tournaments, and will also be adding Smash 64 tournaments into the running as well.

Tournament times for the newly rearranged schedule are as follows:
- Saturday at Noon or 2pm (Not yet finalized): Brawl (and, upon release, Smash 4 3DS)
- Mondays at 4pm: Melee and Smash 64

These changes will start with the Saturday Brawl tournament on September 27th, which means that week's Melee tournament will be on Monday, September 29th.

If you have questions or concerns, or have any suggestions, please let me know!

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Thanks to everyone who made it out this week, it was a bit smaller but everything still went really well!

Placements:
1st) Jonix
2nd) Jaxas
3rd) Mfisk

I'll be linking the tournament matches once they're uploaded to youtube, so be sure to stay tuned!

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Thanks to everyone who made it out to the Brawl tournament today!

Results:
1st) Jaxas
2nd) That Guy
3rd) Eloy (Previously known as Ecchi)

We also had a Doubles Tournament that didn't finish due to time, and a Smash 4 3DS Demo Side Event Tournament which, as it was started at the same time as Doubles, also did not complete. Hopefully we'll get further in each next time; I'll try to work those into the schedule better next time.

I'll be sure to post here once @Ruben gets the matches uploaded to his youtube channel, but for now you can find the full stream on @MasterFisk 's Twitch Stream

T0MMY

Smash Master
This Saturday is the Smash 3DS tourney in Eugene. After that I plan on showing up with 3DS in hand :^)

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
What time would that be? Our tournaments start at 2pm; would you have time to make it after that tournament?

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
This week's placings were:

Smash 4 Singles:
1st) Jaxas
2nd) Blake
3rd) Urban Lion

Brawl Singles:
1st) Jaxas
2nd) Urban Lion
3rd) TomCat & Zeno (are brothers and split it...)

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Sorry for the late heads-up (here on Smashboards) everyone, but tomorrow's tournament will be happening at the South Commercial GameStar due to scheduling conflicts at Meta-Gaming.

Everything else is still the same as normal (same time, same rules, both Brawl and Sm4sh 3DS), just a different location.

Also, I got (most of) last week's matches from Sm4sh uploaded; top 4 and losers finals coming soon!
Super Smash Bros 4 3DS (Oct 11)

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Hey everyone, here are the results for today's Smash 4 and Brawl tournaments:

Smash 4 Doubles:
1st) PK Arcmagic (Kei/Pinky)
2nd) Nice Dynamite (Rom/Charey)

Smash 4 Singles:
1st) Jaxas ( Jaxas Jaxas )
2nd) Pinky
3rd) G~Man, the Cosmic Destroyer ( gmanownyou gmanownyou )

Brawl Singles:
1st) G~Man, the Cosmic Destroyer
2nd) Jaxas
3rd) Charey

Thanks to everyone who made it out! Also, I may not make it next Saturday (it's my little brother's Birthday) but it will still be happening!

Last edited:

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Thanks to everyone who made it out today! We had some special guests from Eugene as well: shoutouts to T1mmy and T0mmy!

Results for this week are as follows:
Smash 4 3DS Singles:
1st) T0MMY T0MMY
2nd) T1MMY
3rd) Blake

Brawl Singles:
1st) T0MMY T0MMY
2nd) T1MMY
3rd) Jaxas Jaxas

Smash 4 3DS Doubles:
1st) Super Smash Twins ( T0MMY T0MMY / T1MMY )
2nd) Shining Aura Jaxas Jaxas Ninja Asashin

Brawl Doubles:
1st) Super Smash Twins ( T0MMY T0MMY / T1MMY )
2nd) Boy Who Cried Wolf ( Jaxas Jaxas /TomCat)

Last edited:

T0MMY

Smash Master
Thanks for hosting, finally made it up there and can't remember the last time I attended such a friendly and fun Smash event with some good players who showed up, 1st place was not easy (props to t1mmy's beastly Kirby as well). Will try to make it up again sometime in the future, until then have some GG's.

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
OH WOW I'M SMART

Meant to post this in the Melee thread...

Last edited:

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Hey everyone, don't forget to stop by today at 2 for our Brawl and Sm4sh 3DS tournament!
Also, we won't have a Sm4sh stream (as Mfisk is in Eugene), but we'll be streaming Brawl on my channel!

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Thanks to everyone who made it out today!
Results are as follows:

Smash 4 Singles:
1st) Jaxas Jaxas
2nd) Blake
3rd) Captain Brad

Brawl Singles
1st) Jaxas Jaxas
2nd) RubRub (Ruben)
3rd) G~Man, the Cosmic Destroyer ( gmanownyou gmanownyou )

Brawl Doubles
1st) Dudletons (TomCat/G~Man, TCD)
2nd) Electric Boogaloo 2 (Jaxas/RubRub)

Last edited:

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Attention Brawl & Smash 4 players!

I'm not positive about this, so take it with a grain of salt, but we may not be able to run our standard Brawl and Smash 4 tournament this upcoming Saturday due to scheduling and location conflicts.

I should be able to have everything figured out by this evening, but I figured I'd let everybody know a bit early; I'll be sure to post as soon as the details are figured out.

Stay tuned!

T0MMY

Smash Master
Thanks for the heads up, Grady was wondering if us Eugene players could make it back to another one soon so I was planning on showing up. I'll try to keep an eye on things.

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Thanks for the heads up, Grady was wondering if us Eugene players could make it back to another one soon so I was planning on showing up. I'll try to keep an eye on things.
Glad I caught you; you guys seem to have great timing with this stuff though - you're 2 for 3 on off-weeks at the moment!

Hopefully we'll stop having off weeks soon, though...

T0MMY

Smash Master
Haha, yeah, but if you could schedule for Sunday that'd be cool too. We usually do a Smash meetup on Sunday so maybe we could just make it a Salem trip instead.

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Attention Everyone, big news!

As you may know, due to some scheduling conflicts with Meta-Gaming, we have been looking around for a new place to host the Salem Smashfests. And it appears we've found one!

Now it's not completely official that this will be our permanent place of residence (I'll be sitting down with the owner to discuss the details this upcoming week), but at least for now we will be moving to the south Salem GameStar!

Address is as follows:
GameStar
5247 Commercial St SE
Salem, OR 97306
(Here's a link to it on Google Maps)

We've held a tournament there before, so those of you who came to it know where it is. For everyone else, it's not too far from Meta-Gaming; if you know where the south Salem WalMart is, it's right across the street (same parking lot as Burger King).

Also!
As many of you know, this Saturday is the date of SmashNest v1 by CACAW Gaming, a Melee and Project: M regional hosted up in Portland. It's been requested that I attend to help out and get some more experience so we can run tournaments like it (including Sm4sh U) down here, so (as long as I can find a way up there; I can pay for gas if someone's willing to carpool!) I'll be in Portland this Saturday.

As such, there will be no Brawl/Sm4sh Salem Smashfest on Saturday.
Instead, we'll be having it on Sunday (at Noon, not 2)!

Please note that this is for this week only; in the future we're back to the same time frame (possibly starting at noon regularly).

And another thing!
Project: M v3.5 is releasing today! (Eventually...)
As such, and due to overwhelming support of changing sooner rather than later, starting this upcoming Monday (11/17) we will be using v3.5 of P:M for our tournaments!

Lastly, as of this point we do not have streaming capabilities at GameStar. I'm going to see what we can do to be able to, but at least for this next week or so there will be no stream.
Theoretically we'll still be able to record matches, though, and upload them to YouTube!

Miss anything? Here's a quick recap:
- We're no longer at Meta-Gaming, and have moved to GameStar
- This week's Brawl/Sm4sh tournament will be on Sunday at Noon
- Future week's Brawl/Sm4sh tournaments will return to their normal time frame after this week
- Project: Melee tournaments will all be ran exclusively on version 3.5 for the foreseeable future, starting this Monday
- No stream for now, but we should still be able to record and upload matches to YouTube

T0MMY

Smash Master
Thanks for the update. We usually have a small Smashfest on Sunday so I'll see if Eliseo can go up there.
Also who invited you up to Portland? If it's the TO maybe ask if you can get a discount if you go ;^]

Last edited:

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Shoutouts to everyone who made it out this week, and to everyone from Eugene and Portland as well!

Smash 4 Singles:
1st) t1mmy
2nd) Mr. Lee
3rd) Cacaw|Viviff T. Great

Smash 4 Doubles:
1st) African American Sonic Heroes (Viviff/Ebonic Plague)
2nd) Super Smash Twins (t0mmy/t1mmy)

Brawl Doubles:
1st) Bill Cosby Sleepover (Viviff/Ebonic Plague)
2nd) Super Smash Twins (t0mmy/t1mmy)

Brawl singles was unable to finish and as such was refunded; apologies everyone!

T0MMY

Smash Master
Wish Brawl singles could have happened and Doubles could have finished properly. But ok since we were planning on leaving earlier anyway.
Was fun and the owner said he'd give us more time next week, so another return of Eugene whenever Ruben and Eliseo are up for another trip up there!

Last edited:

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Yeah, we had one today; sorry, I would've responded earlier if I'd seen it before I left

T0MMY

Smash Master
S'okay, just wondering because I heard there was a Portland tournament. Most everyone I asked about it wasn't going though, so I thought about heading up to Salem, but was busy anyhow. I'll look into heading up there again sometime, maybe in January after holiday stuff.

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Hey everyone, sorry for the delay but thanks to everyone who made it out on Saturday!

Results were as follows
Smash 4 Singles:
1st) Jaxas Jaxas
2nd) Blake
3rd) Panda Emperor

Smash 4 Doubles:
1st) Salt (Jaxas/G~Man)
2nd) Deep Pockets (Blake/Charey)

Brawl Singles:
1st) Jaxas
2nd) G~Man, the Cosmic Destroyer ( gmanownyou gmanownyou )

All the matches we got recorded this week are uploaded in this playlist, so be sure to check it out!

Last edited:

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Hey everyone, be sure to head down to GameStar today for Smash 4 and Brawl!
We'll be starting at 2pm, so be sure to get there in time - but drive safely in this wind, too!

So are the Smash 4 tournaments on the 3DS or Wii U version?
They're for the Wii U version, but you can use the 3DS as a controller for the Wii U if you wish.

SloTheKing

Smash Rookie
Awesome! Salem is a bit of a drive from where I'm at but maybe I'll be able to make it some week.

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Thanks to everyone who made it out yesterday!
We had some issues with the recordings (the files got corrupted...) so unfortunately there will be no recordings uploaded from this week - a shame too, as there were some intense moments (and solid showings from new people)!

Speaking of which, results:

Smash 4 Singles
1st) Afro Samurai
2nd) That Guy
3rd) Blake

Smash 4 Doubles
1st) Pocket Monsters (G~Man/Blake)
2nd) Hot Blondes (Jaxas/RubRub)

Awesome! Salem is a bit of a drive from where I'm at but maybe I'll be able to make it some week.
Cool, new faces are always welcome!

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Thanks to everyone who made it out this Saturday!
(Also, sorry for the delay, I had no internet where I was at until now)

Results were as follow:

Smash 4 Singles
1st) G~man, the Cosmic Destroyer
2nd) Jaxas
3rd) Blake

Smash 4 Doubles
1st) Salt (Jaxas & G~Man, TCD)
2nd) Washington and Hayes (Blake & Charey)

Brawl Singles
1st) Jaxas
2nd) G~Man, the Cosmic Destroyer

Also, apologies but I left the capture device at home so no matches were recorded...
But on the upside we should (not guaranteed but likely) have a slightly better quality stream next time!

Top Bottom