• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Nov 28, 2015] E2C 20 ft. ANTi & ZeRo in Hoffman Estates, IL (Smash 4)

Luxord10x

Smash Rookie
The Robin hype is real! I found my backup character for the new smash game

Last edited:

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
Can anyone bring a stream setup to the event by any chance? We have 2 so far and need at least 2 more if that's possible.

Xrmy

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2964-8784-4472
Hey do you need anymore Wii's/n64 setups for smash? I'll be there Sunday and could bring melee/smash64 and some consoles.

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
We'll probably need a Wii setup but i'm not sure if we'll need a 64 setup or not. If you could bring that just in case that would be really helpful. Thank you.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I won't be there tomorrow, but I just wanted to remind everyone to bring a copy of the Mario Kart games if they can, as the last event planned to have Double Dash and 8 tournaments but those never happened. Let's not repeat that mistake! :happysheep:

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
**Important update for tomorrow**

Hey everyone, looking forward to seeing you all there tomorrow. Please update your RSVP if you had a change of plans. If you can, reach out to your friends or those that you have invited and haven't responded yet to see if they can attend for you to get your +1 discount on the venue fee. Don't forget to bring setups especially for any Mario Kart games!! If anyone can help volunteer to make sure the event runs smoothly tomorrow especially around registration time, let me know. A few things to know for tomorrow:

1. Bring your own controller if you can.
2. Please no outside food or drinks. You can order food and drinks at the venue and alcohol if you're 21+.
3. We need extra setups for every game so definitely bring one if you can and you will get a discount on the venue fee. First to arrive with setups get a discount until we don't need any more setups so arrive early if you can.
4. The train will drop you off right next to the venue. It's just a short walk from there.
5. If you have a stream setup, mic, camera and a laptop and would like to stream one of the games, please let us know and we'll give you the full discount for the venue fee. We would like to have several streams going tomorrow.
6. Please try to be at the venue no later than 12:30 pm. We'll start making the pools around 11:30 - noon. If you are going to be late, post on the event wall here and let us know when you'll be arriving to include you in a pool. Don't worry too much if you'll be a little late.
7. Please bring cash only. We don't accept credit cards, but there should be some atm's available. Don't forget the venue fee plus entry fee for each tournament you enter in.
8. Make sure you understand the rules for each game before you attend.
9. Plenty of parking will be available around the venue and in a nearby parking garage.

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
Just a quick update for September 7th. We'll be running 1v1's and 2v2's for each Smash game. If you don't make it out of pools, stick around because we'll have a losers bracket and the winner of that will get a prize. 2v2's will start after the first round of the winner's bracket has been completed for any Smash game.

Kamo.

Smash Apprentice
If you don't make it out of pools, stick around because we'll have a losers bracket and the winner of that will get a prize.
I've seen/heard of some tournaments that do this, great idea to attract more entrants.

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
I've seen/heard of some tournaments that do this, great idea to attract more entrants.
Thanks. Ya I want everyone to get as many games in as they possibly can and don't want anyone feeling bad for not making it out of brackets.

Luxord10x

Smash Rookie
Thanks. Ya I want everyone to get as many games in as they possibly can and don't want anyone feeling bad for not making it out of brackets.
Yay! Now I can still play if I lose horribly. Haha

"May the stars shine down on you"

Last edited:

Handy Man

Smash Ace
Hey everyone, I decided to make some Project M cosmetics for the E2C monthlies to spice things up a bit. All it does is show which stages are starters, counterpicks, and banned, based off of APEX's/EXP's ruleset. I also changed the portraits to SJS's CSPs, just for some flavor. You can download it here!

Luxord10x

Smash Rookie
I have theytah's build on my Project M, if that is alright.

Last edited:

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I have theytah's build on my Project M, if that is alright.

Theytah's build isn't tourney legal, due to various stages and character costumes being changed. I recommend having two SD cards; one for the default Project M (which is tourney legal), and another for Theytah's build (for when you're playing at home.)

I made my own custom build of Project M (which I will post shortly after 3.5 is released), but I never bring it with me to any tournaments and bring the default Project M instead, since my build isn't tourney legal.

Luxord10x

Smash Rookie
Theytah's build isn't tourney legal, due to various stages and character costumes being changed. I recommend having two SD cards; one for the default Project M (which is tourney legal), and another for Theytah's build (for when you're playing at home.)

I made my own custom build of Project M (which I will post shortly after 3.5 is released), but I never bring it with me to any tournaments and bring the default Project M instead, since my build isn't tourney legal.
Ok. I'm going to just use mine for regular Brawl then, since I only have one SD card. Thanks for the heads up.

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman

Hey everyone, looking forward to seeing you all there tomorrow. Please update your RSVP if you had a change of plans. If you can, reach out to your friends or those that you have invited and haven't responded yet to see if they can attend for you to get your +1 discount on the venue fee. Don't forget to bring tv's and setups especially for any Mario Kart games!! We sometimes are short and it could delay or affect the event overall if we are. If anyone can help volunteer to make sure the event runs smoothly tomorrow especially around registration time, let me know. A few things to know for tomorrow:

1. Bring your own controller if you can.
2. Outside food and drinks are permitted. We will be offering drinks and pizza slices from Old Town Pizza in Schaumburg at the event tomorrow.
3. We need extra setups for every game so definitely bring one if you can and you will get a discount on the venue fee. First to arrive with setups get a discount until we don't need any more setups so arrive early if you can.
4. If you need a ride to the event, post on the event page or let one of the hosts of the event know right away. We can pick up some players from the Palatine or Schaumburg Metra station if you arrive early enough.
5. If you have a stream setup, mic, camera and a laptop and would like to stream one of the games, please let us know and we'll give you the full discount for the venue fee. We would like to have several streams going tomorrow.
6. Please try to be at the venue no later than 12:30 pm. We'll start making the pools around noon. If you are going to be late, post on the event wall here and let us know when you'll be arriving to include you in a pool. Don't worry too much if you'll be a little late.
7. Please bring cash only. We don't accept credit cards, but there should be some atm's available. Don't forget the venue fee plus entry fee for each tournament you enter in.
8. Make sure you understand the rules for each game before you attend.
9. Plenty of parking will be available around the venue. Do not park in front of the other stores in the complex because they will complain and ask you to move. Please park anywhere else in the lot.

Looking forward to seeing you all there tomorrow.

Luxord10x

Smash Rookie
I will be there with a friend, and I will be able to bring my Wii, and Brawl.

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
***Important Update***

We are now including Super Smash Bros 3DS to the event. Please bring setups for that game if you can. We would like to have a few extra setups to allow everyone a chance to check the game out.

Start times have been added.

Smash 3DS
2v2's : Noon
1v1's : 2:00 pm

Project M
2v2's: Noon
1v1's: 2:00 pm

Brawl
2v2's: 2:00 pm
1v1's: 4:00 pm

Melee
2v2's: 3:30 pm
1v1's: 5:30 pm

2v2's: 3:30 pm
1v1's: 5:30 pm

*Times are subject to change so check the night before October 11th to confirm.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pot Bonuses have been added as well as an added incentive to get a bigger turnout.

Smash 3DS
$40 if 30 or more players register for 1v1's
$20 if 10 teams or more register for 2v2's

Melee
$50 if 40 players or more register for 1v1's
$20 if 12 teams or more register for 2v2's

Project M
$50 if 40 players or more register for 1v1's
$20 if 12 teams or more register for 2v2's

Brawl
$30 if 25 players or more register for 1v1's

$30 if 25 players or more register for 1v1's

$300 in pot bonuses if we reach our goal for each game. Make sure to invite your friends to attend for us to add the pot bonus.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are also including complimentary pizza for all players. You will be given tickets to use for pizza when registering. We'll pass out the pizzas around 2:00 pm and 7:00 pm.

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman

Hey everyone, looking forward to seeing you all there tomorrow. Please update your RSVP if you had a change of plans. If you can, reach out to your friends or those that you have invited and haven't responded yet to see if they can attend. Don't forget to bring tv's and setups especially for any Mario Kart or side games!! We sometimes are short and it could delay or affect the event overall if we are. If anyone can help volunteer to make sure the event runs smoothly tomorrow especially around registration time, let me know. A few things to know for tomorrow:

1. Bring your own controller.
2. We will be giving 3 pizza slices to everyone that attends. Get your tickets for the pizza when you register. Any additional slices are only $1 each. You can buy snacks as well at the venue.
3. We need extra setups for every game so definitely bring one if you can and you will get a discount on the venue fee. Please bring both a system and game if you can. Bringing only one of the two won't get you the discount unless someone else brings the other. First to arrive with setups get a discount until we don't need any more setups so arrive early if you can.
4. Please figure out your ride situation ASAP. If you need a ride to the event, post on the event page or let one of the hosts of the event know right away. The Glenview Metra station is not too far away.
5. Know the start times for each of your games and try to be there half an hour early. If you are going to be late, post on the event wall here or send me a message and let me know when you'll be arriving to include you in a pool. Don't worry about being a little late if you inform me.
7. Please bring cash only. We don't accept credit cards, but there should be some atm's available. Make sure you know the cost of the venue fee plus entry fee for each tournament you enter in.
8. Make sure you understand the rules for each game before you attend. They are in the event description and you can look them up online anytime.
9. Plenty of parking will be available around the venue. We will have someone directing traffic when you arrive and will inform you of places where you can park.

Looking forward to seeing you all there tomorrow.

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
Thanks to all those that attended The E2C and The Chicago Clubhouse Tournament in Glenview yesterday. We had a strong showing for all events with at least 150 players overall and paid out over $200 in pot bonuses.

51 entrees for PM
https://advancedbrackets.com/viewTournament.aspx?id=3140

41 entrees for Melee
https://advancedbrackets.com/viewTournament.aspx?id=3142

35 entrees for 3DS
https://advancedbrackets.com/viewTournament.aspx?id=3138

20 entrees for Brawl
Bracket will be posted later

14 entrees for 64
https://advancedbrackets.com/viewTournament.aspx?id=3141

Congratulations to all finalists.

Also, if anyone is interested, Scott Tran and Charles Acoba are hosting a weekly tournament on Wednesdays at Mad River Chicago for Brawl and 64.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1474078859538698/

Nessimator

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VtheVincent
3DS FC
4038-6421-2081
What's the 3DS smash rule set? How many stocks per match? Are custom movesets for characters allowed?

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
What's the 3DS smash rule set? How many stocks per match? Are custom movesets for characters allowed?
Smash 4 Rules:

-3 stock
-6 minute timer
-Starter stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Yoshi's Island (No Omega)
-Counterpick stage: Prism Tower
-Custom moves are not allowed
-Equipment is banned
-All characters are legal except for mii fighters
-Team attack is on for doubles
-No items
-Best of 3 for all sets, except for Winners, Losers, and Grand Finals which are best of 5.
-The game will continue to play in the event of lag or wireless issues provided that the game continues. Players may agree to restart a game if it is early enough in the match. If there is a dispute, speak to a TO.

Nessimator

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VtheVincent
3DS FC
4038-6421-2081
Smash 4 Rules:

-3 stock
-6 minute timer
-Equipment is banned
-No items
-Best of 3 for all sets, except for Winners, Losers, and Grand Finals which are best of 5.
-The game will continue to play in the event of lag or wireless issues provided that the game continues. Players may agree to restart a game if it is early enough in the match. If there is a dispute, speak to a TO.

Great, thanks! Personally, I'm glad custom moves aren't allowed. Thank you for that.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Smash 4 Rules:

-3 stock
-6 minute timer
-Equipment is banned
-No items
You should make the timer 8 minutes just in case.

I know on average 3 stocks is around 4 minutes, but eh. 8 minute timer is the norm mostly.

Top Bottom