• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nov 28, 2014] Obura 3DS Swiss Tournament (Online)

Status
Not open for further replies.

15 [イチゴ]

Smash Apprentice
NNID
15_bit
3DS FC
2019-9663-8659
1 v 1 International Swiss Smash Bros. 3DS tournament

If you would be interested in getting news about Obura join the Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/oburasmash

For anyone using Challonge for the first time:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.808711082527664.1073741828.793733510692088&type=3

Important Info:

-Singles (1 vs 1)

-Swiss up to 6 rounds

-Each round may last up to 30 minutes

-In each round players play 1 set of the best 2 out of 3 matches

-Players must have an account at Challonge.com to play in this tournament

-Players may sign up for the tournament here: http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/gUPssSqb1Y

-Players can check in for the tournament here: http://challonge.com/obura

-Check in starts 1 hour before the tournament

-If the player limit has been reached, players who have have not checked in will be removed from the tournament to make room for other players

-If the player limit has been reached, player removal will occur twice during the 1 hour check in, first after 30 minutes into check in and second in the last 5 minutes before the tournament begins

-Players must set their friend code in their name on Challonge by clicking the "Your Settings" tab and entering their 12 digit friend code next to their name

In game rules:

-2 stock

-5 minute timer

-No Amiibos

-No Custom Moves

-No Equipment

-Items off

-First Match stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, or Arena Ferox

-Loser's Choice Stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Arena Ferox, Tomodachi Life, Yoshi's Island, Reset Bomb Forest or an Omega Stage

What players must do each round:

-Players must announce the stage they don't want to play before the first match, Loser's Choice Stages, Winner's character selections and any issues they are having in the discussion tab

*Before the first match*

-Each player chooses a stage they don't want to play at the beginning of their set

-The remaining stage is what the players must play for their first match
*After the first match*

-The Loser of a match chooses and announces the next stage from the Loser's Choice Stages

-The Winner of a match announces the character they will be using in the next match after the stage is announced

-Repeat these two steps until the set is complete

-Once the set is complete players must report their scores on the bracket by clicking the question mark symbol next to their name and filling in the necessary information

-Players may be removed from the tournament if they have not reported the results of their set within the allowed time for each round

-If a player doesn't show up during the first 10 minutes of a round their opponent may count that round as a win

-Players must announce a reason in the discussion tab for not completing their matches in the allowed 30 minutes to avoid being removed from the tournament

Last edited:

15 [イチゴ]

Smash Apprentice
NNID
15_bit
3DS FC
2019-9663-8659
No Mii?
No thanks :^(
O.o; To be honest I'm actually really surprised someone would be interested in using a Mii Fighter.

I could consider changing that rule if you would attend.

Keep in mind that this tourney will be at the butt-crack of dawn for you.

Amiibos and equipment are obviously banned, but I might reconsider custom moves and mii fighters if I see enough interest in using them.

Last edited:

T0MMY

Smash Master
Well, I usually wake up at the butt-crack of dawn, but my internet access is a little sketchy right now and I'd play at the game center in town but they are not open at butt-cracking times, haha.
I don't want Customization on, as I prefer not to play with Equipment/Custom Moves, I just like to play Mii. I actually prefer customs off because of the whole problem with Equipment.
But if I can get my internets up and working properly in time and the Mii ban is removed then I will definitely join in!

15 [イチゴ]

Smash Apprentice
NNID
15_bit
3DS FC
2019-9663-8659
The tournament starts in about a half hour. If you're at all interested in playing now's the time to sign up, check in and set up your friend code!

15 [イチゴ]

Smash Apprentice
NNID
15_bit
3DS FC
2019-9663-8659
I'm gonna give this another shot. New time posted. Please check in this time guys!

Last edited:

15 [イチゴ]

Smash Apprentice
NNID
15_bit
3DS FC
2019-9663-8659
The tournament check in is about to start. If you want yo play you absolutely need to check in! Also, if you are planning on playing please update to version 10.4 if you haven't already.

15 [イチゴ]

Smash Apprentice
NNID
15_bit
3DS FC
2019-9663-8659
5 minutes left to check in. If none of you check in there won't be a tournament. Click the check in button to play!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom