• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest [May 14, 2015] Infinity and Beyond! PM Weekly (Plano, Tx)

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
http://www.tourneylocator.com/Tourney/10294

Contact Info:

Sean 'Infinity' Horne - 469.262.8516

Dallas-Fort Worth weekly Project M event! Once every Thursday at 7:00pm

$5 Venue Fee
$5 Entry

The rules for each weekly event may vary; come on out and enjoy the game with some of the top talent in the world including Sethlon, Strong Bad, Lunchables and more!

Last edited:

BirdyBirds

Smash Cadet
i might try and come. looks fun.

but i need to find a replacement controller. know anywhere near that sells good controllers?

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
i might try and come. looks fun.

but i need to find a replacement controller. know anywhere near that sells good controllers?
Usually Movie Trading Company sells them, if you have one of those near you. I got one of mine from there.

BirdyBirds

Smash Cadet
was fun. although where can i find a place around here that i can just play a bunch of friendlies with and get better?

TofuZomg

Smash Rookie
Is it too late to come tonight, if I won't be participating in the tournament itself? Just watching and learning

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
was fun. although where can i find a place around here that i can just play a bunch of friendlies with and get better?
if you're not already in the DFW melee group on facebook, do so! :) there are smashfests posted at least once a week.

Where is this going to be this week?
Is it too late to come tonight, if I won't be participating in the tournament itself? Just watching and learning
hey guys, just letting you know that there isn't a weekly going on this week, unfortunately, and next week there is crossover happening. after that IaB SHOULD continue as planned. i'll tell infinity to update the address and such as well.

BirdyBirds

Smash Cadet
if you're not already in the DFW melee group on facebook, do so! :) there are smashfests posted at least once a week.
may i get a link? and is it private? i don't really have a facebook, but i'd check it every so often to look for smash fests.

BirdyBirds

Smash Cadet
nevermind, i found out i made a facebook account over two years ago and found the group. thanks though Bec

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
I've updated the location of the event. There will be no IaB this week; there is, however, an event called CrossOver that can be found on Facebook.

The weekly events will resume on 6/19/2014 at the normal time.

Each of these events is streamed over the Tourney Locator Twitch channel: www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
sephlon? that guys a nightmare
now, sethlon? he's a scrub ;)

Goldenmarth51

Smash Cadet
NNID
mgainus87
3DS FC
0748-2063-8060
Oh ok OK, I guess I mistaked them both. Watching these people in tournaments is scary but exciting. The only way I will get better is to participate in tourneys and get better based off skill and instincts. Now if I lose it will be alright as long as there will always be another tournament. :D

Last edited:

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
i was poking a bit of fun, theres only sethlon (no sephlon) lol and hes #1 in our region and the #1 roy ever :p
but thats the spirit! hope to see you at one of the weeklies :)

Last edited:

Goldenmarth51

Smash Cadet
NNID
mgainus87
3DS FC
0748-2063-8060
Whoa I need to take him down if I am fixing to go outside the region, but that will take a lot of patience and lots of losses. I WILL PERSEVERE!

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
should be, he usually is but i guarantee nothing o:

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
So you guys still planning on doing this any Infinity's apartment? Or are we going back to Milo's?

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
it will be at milo's, infinity will be posting the event on FB soon :)

Goldenmarth51

Smash Cadet
NNID
mgainus87
3DS FC
0748-2063-8060
Will there be friendlies before the tourney? Sorry I ask too many questions, it's just cause this is my first tournament...

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
Will there be friendlies before the tourney? Sorry I ask too many questions, it's just cause this is my first tournament...
Depends on how much time there is. It's not uncommon for there to be a warm up period. Since this is a weekly starting at 7pm that does mean they are usually pressed for time, so you won't see a whole lot of friendlies until the tournament is almost over, or like I said at the very beginning.

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
there is time for friendlies before bracket starts, which is usually around 8pm. once bracket tightens up to the point where we cant occupy every TV there will be open setups for friendlies. i usually run a quick bracket so friendlies will hopefully open up pretty early, relatively speaking

Goldenmarth51

Smash Cadet
NNID
mgainus87
3DS FC
0748-2063-8060
Nice, are both of you going to the tournament? Because I would like to play some matches before it starts.

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
yup i live with infinity and have a big hand in running the tourney so i'll be there :) and looks like sethlon is coming as well

Goldenmarth51

Smash Cadet
NNID
mgainus87
3DS FC
0748-2063-8060
Whoa oh crap, Ill definitely not win this one but if I can battle him at least it will be an honor. Roy's Our Boy!

D

Deleted member

Oh boy, this is a six minute drive from where I live.

I'll try to attend this :)

D

Deleted member

Final thing I'll post here before I'll edit posts for updates, but can anyone drive me home at 1 AMish or before then? (or when ever this thing ends) I live six minutes away, and the only reason why I'm asking for a ride home is because my Mom would be pissed to come and get me at 1.

(p.s if anyone does, I'll call or text or post here in advance if the ride is no longer needed)

Last edited by a moderator:

TofuZomg

Smash Rookie
If I end up going tomorrow, I'll probably give you another ride, Scotch :p

Top Bottom