• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nov 22, 2014] Smash 4 Wii U Launch Tournament (Fargo, ND)

Chukkaque

Smash Apprentice
You can pre-register at the venue, or come early and register the same day.

Please chekc out the FB event and let us know if you are coming!

https://www.facebook.com/events/798613346847614/

Iron Boots has teamed up with VidCycle to bring you a Launch Day tournament for Smash 4 Wii U!

Information:

You may only enter Beginner Bracket or Advanced Bracket. Anyone is welcome to join the advanced bracket. However, should you enter beginner and we deem your skill level to be above beginner, we reserve the right to move you from the beginner bracket into the advanced bracket.

Beginner Bracket will happen before Advanced.

Tournament Start Times:
Beginner: 12pm
Advanced: 2pm

Please note that these times are subject to change based upon total number of participants.

You can pre-register at VidCycle up until the day of the event.
VidCycle opens at 10am.
You can register for Beginner Bracket up until 11:30 am of 11/22/14.
You can register for Advanced Bracket up until 1:30 pm of 11/22/14.
Please sign in at the front desk, letting us know you have arrived and will still be participating.

You can also check the tournament standing at the following address:

Beginner:
http://challonge.com/IB_SSB4_Beginner
Advanced:
http://challonge.com/IB_SSB4_Advanced
For additional questions, please feel free to ask.

General Rules:

Entry Fee: $3
Stock: 2
Time: 5 minutes
Items: None
Banned Characters: Mii Fighters
Custom: No
BYOC - bring your own controller
GameCube controllers, wii mote, wii more nunchuk, pro controller, etc
no GamePads
Button config - If you want to use a name/change your controller settings, let your station manager know immediately so they can get you set up.

Beginner Bracket Rules:

Registration ends 11:30am 11/22/14
Start time 12pm 11/22/14

Single Elimination
Best 2/3
Finals Best 3/5
Stage: Random Omega

Advanced Bracket Rules:

Registration ends 1:30pm 11/22/14
Start time: 2pm 11/22/14

Double Elimination
Best 2/3
Finals/Grand Finals Best 4/7
Stage: Random Omega Starter stage, counter pick
Please read NOTE 1 & 2 as they apply to advanced only.

NOTE 1: Stage Counter Picks will not be determined until 11/21/14 late evening. We will be picking up the game and playing constantly all day, as well as streaming. We won't have a decision made about what will be legal and banned until very late that evening, which could lead into early morning of 11/22. Keep your eyes posted to the event page for the stage list.

NOTE 2: Since this tournament will be the day after the game launches it may be that all stages will not be unlocked prior to the tournament.

NOTE 3: Since it has not yet be released the entire roster may or may not be available during the time of the tournament. Should the roster not be unlocked than you will be allowed to use any characters that are currently available and any that become unlocked. YOU MAY ONLY USE CHARACTERS AVAILABLE AT YOUR STATION. Do not ask to change stations, you won't be able to.

NOTE 4: We will only have roughly 4 set ups. If you would like to bring an additional Set up please see below what you'll need to bring:

Wii U
Smash Bros 4 Wii U
GCN Controller Adapter
TV - Flat Screen, modern

Please be aware that if you bring a Set Up to help the tournament you will be forfeiting the set up for the entire day. We cannot promise you will ever play on your home system. But we will treat it with respect like we do our own equipment, it will be properly labeled and returned to you at the end of the Advanced Bracket after prizes have been handed out. If you bring a set up, please message us ahead of time so we can make arrangements and plan for you to be there. Also you will need to be there at start time so we can use your set up for beginner/friendlies as well.

NOTE 5: We are a very open minded group, we listen to our participants and what they want to see. Feel free to share your opinions and thoughts regarding stages. Your opinions will go into consideration when we create our stage list.

A set is made up of a total of 3 Rounds, With the exception of Finals which is a total of 5 Rounds(7 for advanced). First participant to win 2 out of the 3 will move on. With the exception of Finals(with the exception of advanced). First to win 4 out of 5 will be considered the Champion!

NOTE 6: Should you not have a controller available to you, we will have our rental station available. But be prepared to leave collateral behind during the entire duration of you having our controller out.

Stage Striking: TBD, we are allowing Stage counter picks for Advanced, but until we get the game in our hands we won't know what is legal or not. This will be determined by Iron Boots staff before the tournament.

Character Counter Pick:
Before your 1st Round you will tell your station manager the character you will be choosing.
The Winner of the previous round of your current set will choose their character first.
The loser will the last round of their current set will choose their character second
Example: P1 picks, P2 picks (after informing their station manager of their selection). P1 wins. P1 picks then P2 picks. Now P2 won. P2 picks then P1 picks.

Prizes:

There will be separate prizes for Beginner and Advanced Bracket.

Beginner:
1st: Smash 4 Wii U
2nd: GCN Controller
3rd: Gift Card

Advanced:
1st: Smash 4 Bundle (game, controller, GCN controller adapter)
2nd: Smash 4 Wii U
3rd: GCN Controller

Iron Boots staff reserves the right to participate in the tournament as well. We enjoy playing smash as much as all of you, so we want to compete with everyone and have fun, this is our last tournament of 2014! NOTE we will not claim any prizes. We will also only participate in the Advanced Bracket should we compete.

Last edited:

Krugy

Smash Cadet
I'll just bring my facebook and minnesota thread questions into here. Since it's now on Saturday I will probably have everything unlocked by then, should I bring my WiiU? And I can deal with it, but why single elim? We're pretty excited for this.

Chukkaque

Smash Apprentice
I'll just bring my facebook and minnesota thread questions into here. Since it's now on Saturday I will probably have everything unlocked by then, should I bring my WiiU? And I can deal with it, but why single elim? We're pretty excited for this.
This may get a bit bunched up for the moment since I replied to your other post in a different thread, haha!

If you want to bring a set up, you are welcome to do so. Please note, if you do bring a set up you are going to forfeit it over to Iron Boots for the day of the tournament. I can't promise you'll get to play on your home system either. But it will be labeled, monitored, and treated with respect as we do with all of our equipment and anything someone loans us for the event. Also are you picking up the bundled copy, or at least a GCN Hub for you system? While we are allowing anyone to bring whatever controller they prefer we want to at least make sure that every system has a GCN Hub available.

On a side note, I do my best to get on here once a day to double check this thread, but for an immediate answer you should message me on the facebook event page. Those notifications come right to my phone.

Chukkaque

Smash Apprentice
Here is what was updated in the above:

Beginner Bracket will happen before Advanced.

Tournament Start Times:
Beginner: 12pm
Advanced: 2pm

Please note that these times are subject to change based upon total number of participants.

You can pre-register at VidCycle up until the day of the event.
VidCycle opens at 10am.
You can register for Beginner Bracket up until 11:30 am of 11/22/14.
You can register for Advanced Bracket up until 1:30 pm of 11/22/14.
Please sign in at the front desk, letting us know you have arrived and will still be participating.

You can also check the tournament standing at the following address:

Beginner:
http://challonge.com/IB_SSB4_Beginner

Advanced:
http://challonge.com/IB_SSB4_Advanced

For additional questions, please feel free to ask.

General Rules:

Entry Fee: $3
Stock: 2
Time: 5 minutes
Items: None
Banned Characters: Mii Fighters
Custom: No
BYOC - bring your own controller
GameCube controllers, wii mote, wii more nunchuk, pro controller, etc
no GamePads
Button config - If you want to use a name/change your controller settings, let your station manager know immediately so they can get you set up.

Beginner Bracket Rules:

Registration ends 11:30am 11/22/14
Start time 12pm 11/22/14

Single Elimination
Best 2/3
Finals Best 3/5
Stage: Random Omega

Advanced Bracket Rules:

Registration ends 1:30pm 11/22/14
Start time: 2pm 11/22/14

Double Elimination
Best 2/3
Finals/Grand Finals Best 4/7
Stage: Random Omega Starter stage, counter pick

NOTE: Stage Counter Picks will not be determined until 11/21/14 late evening. We will be picking up the game and playing constantly all day, as well as streaming. We won't have a decision made about what will be legal and banned until very late that evening, which could lead into early morning of 11/22. Keep your eyes posted to the event page for the stage list.

NOTE 2: Since this tournament will be the day after the game launches it may be that all stages will not be unlocked prior to the tournament.

NOTE 3: Since it has not yet be released the entire roster may or may not be available during the time of the tournament. Should the roster not be unlocked than you will be allowed to use any characters that are currently available and any that become unlocked. YOU MAY ONLY USE CHARACTERS AVAILABLE AT YOUR STATION. Do not ask to change stations, you won't be able to.

NOTE 4: We will only have roughly 4 set ups. If you would like to bring an additional Set up please see below what you'll need to bring:

Wii U
Smash Bros 4 Wii U
GCN Controller Adapter
TV - Flat Screen, modern

Please be aware that if you bring a Set Up to help the tournament you will be forfeiting the set up for the entire day. We cannot promise you will ever play on your home system. But we will treat it with respect like we do our own equipment, it will be properly labeled and returned to you at the end of the Advanced Bracket after prizes have been handed out. If you bring a set up, please message us ahead of time so we can make arrangements and plan for you to be there. Also you will need to be there at start time so we can use your set up for beginner/friendlies as well.

NOTE 5: We are a very open minded group, we listen to our participants and what they want to see. Feel free to share your opinions and thoughts regarding stages. Your opinions will go into consideration when we create our stage list.

A set is made up of a total of 3 Rounds, With the exception of Finals which is a total of 5 Rounds(7 for advanced). First participant to win 2 out of the 3 will move on. With the exception of Finals(with the exception of advanced). First to win 4 out of 5 will be considered the Champion!

NOTE 6: Should you not have a controller available to you, we will have our rental station available. But be prepared to leave collateral behind during the entire duration of you having our controller out.

Stage Striking: TBD, we are allowing Stage counter picks for Advanced, but until we get the game in our hands we won't know what is legal or not. This will be determined by Iron Boots staff before the tournament.

Top Bottom