• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nov 22, 2014] Bowser's Revenge 13 (PM/Melee)(Plano, Tx)

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Bowser's Revenge 13

A Project: M 3.5 and Melee Tournament

Please Note:
The venue closes at 8-9pm, so we'll be running things on a tight shift. Show up on time or we'll start without you! If you know you're going to be late, let me know via text/call before the event starts and I'll see if we can work you in afterwards.
The venue is a family store; moms with kids come in on Saturdays. Keep things PG-13!

When: starts 10AM Saturday, Nov 22nd

Where: FX Game Exchange
3000 Custer Road, Suite 170
Plano, Texas 75075

What: Project: M and Melee Singles and Doubles.

Sethlon’s cell: 832-482-5588

Schedule:
11:00AM Registration opens
12:00PM Project M Doubles start
2:30PM Project M Singles Start

Melee Schedule TBA

Entry Fee:
Venue: $10
Singles: $10
Doubles: $5 per person, 10$ per team

Payouts:
If less than 10;
1st: 70%
2nd: 30%

More than 10, less than 32 Entrants;
1st: 50%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%
4th: 10%

32+ Entrants
1st: 45%
2nd: 20%
3rd: 15%
4th: 10%
5th: 5% each

Project M Ruleset:

1. 4 Stocks
2. 8 Minute Time Limit
3. Items set to “Off” and “None”
4. Buffer set to OFF
5. Dave’s Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick a stage he or she won on unless agreed upon by both players.
6. In the event of a match going to time/sudden death, the winner will be determined by:
a. Whoever has more remaining stock left.
b. If stocks of both players are the same, the winner will then be determined by whoever has less percent.
c. If the match ends with both players dying at the same time or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, an identical rematch of the previous match will be played out. Same characters and same stage.
d. In the event of going to sudden death because of suicide kill move (such as Ganon's overB or Dedede's inhale), the player initiating the move will be declared the winner.
7. Sets will be best out of 3 games. Loser's Finals, Winner's Finals, and Grand Finals will be best out of 5.

Addendum for Doubles
1. Team Attack set to “On”
2. Life stealing is allowed. (Note that lifestealing in Project: M is done by pressing A+B, rather than Melee's start)
3. In the event of a game going to time, the winner will be determined by:
a. Whichever team has more remaining stock.
b. If both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.

Character/Stage Selection Process
1. Blind Picks character selection.
2. Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in 1 2 2 1 order.
3. The first match is played.
4. Winning player of the preceding match bans three stages.
5. The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.
6. The winning player of preceding match picks character.
7. The losing player picks character.
8. The next match is played.
9. Repeat 4-8 for all consecutive matches as necessary until the set is complete.
*Dave’s Stupid Rule is in effect

Stagelist:
Starters:
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium 2
Green Hill Zone
Smashville
Dreamland

Counterpick Stages: Yoshi's Story, Final Destination, Yoshi's Island (Brawl), Warioware, Skyworld, Lylat Cruise, Distant Planet (Teams only), Fountain of Dreams (Singles Only)

Other Rules
1. The Tournament Organizer is the arbiter of all disputes.
2. BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
3. DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.
4. MikeHaze rule: No intentionally disrupting players, whether physically or vocally. This applies to EVERYONE, players and spectators. Simply talking to the players (and Hype moments) are exempt.
5. Gentleman's Clause: Any change to the rules is permitted if agreed upon by both players, except for the 8 minute time limit.
6. Textures are Cool Clause: We're usually pretty lenient with textures/custom music. You're welcome to bring your set up to the tournament with them, but please do not have any disruptive music, hard to see textures, or dramatically altered character models. If you have a problem with the set up you're playing on, notify the TO and we'll get it resolved ASAP.
7. Giga Bowser is Banned.

Melee Ruleset: TBA

Last edited:

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
I imagine it'll just be the standard Apex ruleset, but I figured I'd run it by the TLoc guys first.

D

Deleted member

If 3.5 is out by the time this tourney happens, we're still going to use 3.5 correct?

D

Deleted member

We had the issue of Low Tier City 1 where 2.6 came out really close to the day of the tourney and it ended up being a REALLY gimmicky regional. This is a monthly though, so I assumed we'd just use 3.5 (I'm asking just to make sure)

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
We had the issue of Low Tier City 1 where 2.6 came out really close to the day of the tourney and it ended up being a REALLY gimmicky regional. This is a monthly though, so I assumed we'd just use 3.5 (I'm asking just to make sure)
did you just leak 3.5's release window are you trolling rofl

D

Deleted member

How would I know 3.5s release window? I am not a PMDT member lmao

I literally just asked a question. ALL OVER the pm subreddit they're talking about how 3.5 SHOULD release soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
It just seems like a really random question to ask if you didn't know something, that's all.

D

Deleted member

The release date could be anywhere from this weekend to the end of december, at least is my guess.

D

Deleted member

they gave captain falcon a tether and now he can do aerials out of up b

Thx u based 3.5, I can take Bowser's Revenge now. :yeahboi:

Last edited by a moderator:

StoryTime

Smash Apprentice
Can we get a Southwest tag on the tourney thread? Also do you have an idea for when Melee will start? And since the venue is at FX we don't have to bring in TVs right?

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Can we get a Southwest tag on the tourney thread? Also do you have an idea for when Melee will start? And since the venue is at FX we don't have to bring in TVs right?
Oops, forgot the Southwest tag for some reason.

I'll try to nail down the Melee start times sometime soon...expect respective Melee events to start an hour or two after PM ones start.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
How lucky you are for your first tournament to be a well established monthly, at a real venue with experienced hosts! Mine was in some guy's basement, Melee had like 12 entrants and PM had nine. But I enjoyed it a lot. Here's to hoping you have the same kind of fun I did, in a better environment. This will also be my first Bowser's Revenge though, I guess it's a first for both of us then lol.

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
My first tournament was in a small town's public library. You could actually feel the heat from the room on the outside of the building. In the middle of the winter. Smelled horrible, I might add. It was a two hour drive, and there were 2 PM set-ups with over 40 entrants, and 3 brawl setups that had like 20.

Worst tournament I've ever been too, but also my first so it will always have a special place in my heart, but yeah. The BR series is seriously legit. Even more so now with the upgrades done to FX Game Exchange and UTD Zacs TO program thingy.

D

Deleted member

This is pretty much an assumed rule, but switching characters mid-match using debug mode, or turning on debug mode at all during a set should be illegal.

D

Deleted member

Pretty sure that the pause setting will be put on "Hold"

xNaught

Smash Rookie
How lucky you are for your first tournament to be a well established monthly, at a real venue with experienced hosts! Mine was in some guy's basement, Melee had like 12 entrants and PM had nine. But I enjoyed it a lot. Here's to hoping you have the same kind of fun I did, in a better environment. This will also be my first Bowser's Revenge though, I guess it's a first for both of us then lol.
Yeah my friends keep telling me the same thing. I'm not to fussed about how far I make it in the tourney. What I'm really excited for is all the friendlies. I live in a small town where there's hardly any Smashers, and I can't wait to be around a bunch.

Pfhor

Smash Rookie
Hi. Thanks for all the games from everybody.

Shoutout to the people who beat me in tourney, Blink and Mijo. Mijo that game 2 was ridiculous I feel really bad it had to end in me accidentally pressing R off stage lol.

Top Bottom