• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nov 21, 2014] Gaoo Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Launch Tournament (Seattle, WA)

Gaoo

Smash Cadet
NNID
That_Cody_Guy
3DS FC
1177-7744-2200
Hey smashers. It's finally time for the Wii U version! Are you excited? I know I am. We will have 4 full set ups ready to go by tournament time so hopefully match ups wont take too long. I stuck to single elimination this time so that I can get a feel for how long it will take now that we're stuck with a limited number of setups. Plus I thought it would be fun to try out some 8 player Smash after the tournament has calmed down.

Feel free to continue to bring your 3DS to play matches in between your official matches.

We'll be streaming the tournament on twitch and putting edited matches up onto youtube.

I hope to see you all there.

Entry Fee: $5 - Goes toward the cash prize, covers pizza, and soda.

Rules: Single Elimination
No customized characters
2 stock
Best 2 out of 3
No items

Stages Allowed:
Battlefield
Any Omega Stage (final destination)

Controllers: Please bring your own controller. Any type of controller is valid as long as it doesn't have any kind of turbo functionality. We will have Gamecube controller adapters available for you to use. If you don't have your own controller, we have a couple available for you to use; however Pink Gorilla is not responsible for the quality of the loaner controllers available. If you are particular about the type of controller to play on, then we highly recommend bringing your own, there will be no refunds due to controller malfunction. Pink Gorilla will also have some controllers available for sale but they will be very limited in quantity.

Prizes:
1st place - 70% Cash pot
2nd place - 20% Cash pot
3rd place - 10% Cash pot

If turnout is small

1st place - 70% cash pot
2nd place - 30% cash pot

Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/317757798408247
Streams: twitch.tv/gaoochannel
Youtube: youtube.com/gaoochannel

Last edited:
Top Bottom