• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nov 15, 2014] Do You Fox Wit it? feat. Flash, Silent Wolf, PewPewU, Shroomed,... (Oakland, CA)

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
Norcal will be hosting an Apex 2015 Qualifer with a $1,000 pot bonus (courtesy of Twitch) on the weekend of November 15-16, 2014. We'll be using the same venue as from The Next Episode, site of the legendary falcon round robin. Events will include Melee Singles, Melee Doubles, and Smash 3ds. Showdown Smash will stream the tournament. Check them out at twitch.tv/showdownsmash. You can find information about the tournament below, but check out the facebook event page for more details: Do You Fox Wit It?

Venue fee: $10
Melee Singles: $10/person
Melee Doubles: $10/person ($20/team)
Smash 3ds singles: $10/person

Spectator fee: $10 (one time payment, good for both days). Spectators need not register online

*** You MUST enter a melee event in order to enter smash 3ds***

Registration and payment will be done via Venmo. Send payment to Julian Simington on Venmo. Please include the information below in your note and in the following format:

Do You Fox Wit It?
Your name
*Melee Singles
* Melee Doubles, teammate's name
* Smash 4 3ds
* Twitter handle (if applicable)
(How did you hear about this event?)

*Optional-- please only include events for which you are registering.

For how you heard about the event put whatever facebook group, forum, etc.

DEADLINE IS November 8th-- No exceptions

The schedule will be announced in the coming weeks, but something worth noting now is that the venue will open at 10:00 am on Saturday, but will not open until 2pm on Sunday

Date:
November 15-16, 2014

Huey P. Newton Lounge: R building, Room 127
Oakland, CA

Directions:
From SF/East Bay/Marin/Sonoma:
Get onto I-580 South, take 35th Ave exit, left at signal, right on Campus Dr, then see map
From Concord/Sacramento/Solano:
Get onto I-680 South to CA-24 to CA-13 South, take Redwood/Carson exit, left onto Redwood at signal, right on Campus Dr, then see map
From Peninsula, SJ, and all points South/East:
Get onto I-580 North, take CA-13 exit, take Carson/Redwood exit, go straight at stop sign, right on Redwood, right on Campus Dr, then see map

Campus map:
http://i.imgur.com/vwlrEu3.jpg

Rules:
Apex ruleset (https://www.apex-series.com/rules/melee/) with the following modifications:
DK64 is not a legal doubles stage.
In case of a stock/% tie in a timeout, the players will play a one-stock match on the same stage.

Smash 4 3ds rules to come

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I'm loving the "you must enter Melee to enter 3ds" rule.

Also bought my tickets today. Hyped!

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
This qualifier counts towards both Melee and Smash 4 correct? I'm just wondering if Apex gave the green light and will be doing something similar for players who participate and win the Smash 4 tournament.

Aka Qualifier points and the wonderful perks that comes with placing first. I'll be competing in Melee as well but I know I'm a scrub compared to the vast potential in NorCal.

TwicH

Smash Apprentice
I don't understand why we have to enter Melee just to enter Smash 4 as well...

ShrieK1295

Smash Journeyman
Because it's a Melee tournament that has Smash4. The logistical burden of having a huge Smash4 tournament is not something that can be accommodated, but since they want to feature it and let people who are playing it have some fun, they are having it as a side event.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
Registration has changed-- we are no longer accepting Venmo. I will edit the op to reflect this, but please visit the facebook page for more details.

I don't understand why we have to enter Melee just to enter Smash 4 as well...
Sorry, I have neglected this thread. Shriek covered the bases, but I'd like to respond as well. We are requiring people enter melee in order to enter Smash 4 because we do not have the capacity to support stand-alone events for both games and the primary purpose of this event is to function as a Melee Apex Qualifier. At the same time we wanted to be inclusive to Smash 4, so this is the compromise we reached.

Additionally, registration has changed-- we can no longer use Venmo and will be moving over to Eventbrite. Please see the event page on facebook for more details

Juice_

Smash Rookie
So can we have to pay beforehand or can we pay at the venue on the day of?

strawhats

Smash Master
hold up...Flash? the Japanese sheik player? Toph must be helping him get here.

Last edited:
Top Bottom