• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nothing revealed by CoroCoro on December 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetroRhythm

Smash Apprentice
*yawn

I am not going to believe it till I see it.

You can't trust the internet anymore.

The Director

Smash Lord
Hmm...well let's think about this from the other side:

Brawl doesn't release in all territories at once. Sakurai knows this. Would he let the complete roster out before the game's initial release in Japan? Because pretty much from there people all over the world will know the complete roster...once again, Sakurai's not an idiot. He knows this.

The only thing that I see holding him back from doing this is the fact that it would be another source other than the Dojo releasing the information...would he want it let out that way? He didn't seem to mind throwing us some bones at E for All. (ATs, final smashes, et.c)

I personally tho still see it as only being the starting roster.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero

kainsword

Smash Journeyman
It seems like that group picture may be a cut out of the classic line-up of all the characters in Melee. In common, they're all lining up and facing into the horizon to the left, just as in the Melee picture.

craiigg

Smash Lord
The 15th is probably the day CoroCoro get sent a copy of Brawl to review and play before the release date. So their taking it into their own hands to release the starting roster.

I wouldn't mind a whole roster, one way or another people will talk about secret characters before you unlock them do you're bound to have some spoilers before you get it =S

king_neeso

Smash Apprentice
I don't get why you guys only want the starting roster, c'mon guys we'll get the whole roster. Just think of how many flame wars will end. And if your character is in, you can brag about it.
wow....the whole reason we only want the starting roster s so that we can have fun and get surprised by the unlockable people...isnt that obvoius. sure you can find out all the people, but thats not very fun.

Star105

Smash Journeyman
i hope this is true and not a recap of all the characters revealed so far

but it looks good too

idk what to think

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
Looking forward to a full roster, only because I live in Australia and will be tempted to come on here to look anyway. (Depending on PALs release date).

burrito

Smash Lord
I hope it's just the starting roster. If it's the full roster, I'm going to have to avoid the internet for the months until Brawl comes out. I can't risk it being spoiled for me.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
I hope it's just the starting roster. If it's the full roster, I'm going to have to avoid the internet for the months until Brawl comes out. I can't risk it being spoiled for me.
Same here. Even if the full roaster is only posted in the "Brawl character" sub-forum, some noob or troll will come posting a topic " lolllol what u think of geno's moves??". Seriously, if someone makes a topic like they, they need to just be perma-banned.

I doubt anyone of my friends would even know the full roaster, as for they don't even visit the dojo website, so I'm sure I'm safe.

Or, they could be an epic troll. Post a harmless debatable topic, but soon as you enter, you are confronted with a picture of the full roaster.
That, would make me cry.

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
wow....the whole reason we only want the starting roster s so that we can have fun and get surprised by the unlockable people...isnt that obvoius. sure you can find out all the people, but thats not very fun.
I don't have fun unlocking characters; especially if I don't know who I'm trying to unlock.

the fun in the game to me is fighting; not being surprised by who's in it.

though I suppose you're the most smart person in this forum for giving us your great definition of what is 'fun'. =p

XACE-K

Smash Master
Am I the only one who thinks this magazine will be a dissapointment and end up being like the Nintendo Power issue with Brawl?

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
I'm guessing they'll announce the starting roster PLUS the unlockables that were in Smash64 and Melee. They'll save the new unlockables until the game is out.

In short, CoroCoro will be telling us what characters are NOT coming back.

Spellman

Smash Ace
I can't even be surprised by Brawl anymore. Everything is just too amazing. I already know that the next thing they show is going to be amazing. The real surprise is going to be if they do something crappy.

So bring on the full roster.

pass the syrup

Smash Journeyman
I really don't want to know the unlockable characters before the game comes out. I would like the starting roster though.

Gennie

Smash Apprentice
I just wanna know if Isaac is in or not, so I guess I'd be cheking it ;_; unless I trust a friend to see and to tell me if it's in or not

Raptorbite

Smash Apprentice
I hate to be a downer, but I think you all are getting a bit too worked up.
I am extremely doubtful that they will know about and expose the entire roster of characters for Brawl on December 15th.
And if they end up just showing the starting roster it will likely be all the characters that are already announced on the dojo at that time (excluding the third party characters).

I sincerely doubt there will be anything in that publication that we don't already know.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Are Coro Coro even allowed to reveal the entire roster without permission? Im sure Sakurai and Nintendo wouldnt let them spoil everything, but I can a starting roster including a few vets or newcomers not on the Dojo (something like Falcon, Olimar, etc)...

Super_alex2

Smash Journeyman
God I hope it's just the starting roster. I think it will be much more accurate than what people think the Dojo is, meaning Sakurai has revealed some unlockables.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I trust CoroCoro because they were the ones who unveiled the new pokemon. I predict that the starting roster will be all of the chars shown on the dojo + the last newcomer spot on the dojo. It cannot be the final roster because Nintendo would not spoil the game even before release.

Santini

Smash Journeyman
I think it will just be the starting roster confirmed, which might actually mean just a few new characters, if any. I think December 15 is too early to reveal every single character. I predict Sakurai will save some unlockables for January.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Right...

I am choosing to not believe this, because unless we get a couple more character updates between now and then (maybe some veterans, eh Sakurai?) I doubt CoroCoro would be allowed to even reveal the full starting roster. If there indeed is ANYTHING on Smash in regards to rosters, I predict that they will just showcase the ones already announced on the Dojo.

However, in the rare, and extremely unlikely, case that Sakurai and Nintendo have allowed CoroCoro to reveal some previously uncomfirmed veterans or completely new fighters, then I'll be looking forward to what they have to say. But for now, I say that something is rotten in the state of Denmark...err...Japan.

dotpwn

Smash Journeyman
Right...

I am choosing to not believe this, because unless we get a couple more character updates between now and then (maybe some veterans, eh Sakurai?) I doubt CoroCoro would be allowed to even reveal the full starting roster. If there indeed is ANYTHING on Smash in regards to rosters, I predict that they will just showcase the ones already announced on the Dojo.

However, in the rare, and extremely unlikely, case that Sakurai and Nintendo have allowed CoroCoro to reveal some previously uncomfirmed veterans or completely new fighters, then I'll be looking forward to what they have to say. But for now, I say that something is rotten in the state of Denmark...err...Japan.
i c what u did there

I think that the starting roster will be confirmed as a sort of...pay back for pushing back the release date. This is the least they can do so in our minds we can imagine the new fresh scent of the char select screen when we first turn on the game ;) No harm in releasing this.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Well maybe WE WILL get the full roster. Who knows? Sakurai maybe kind enough to reveal it. Nintendo let them reveal all of the pokemons before release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom