• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nothing revealed by CoroCoro on December 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I disagree with Youko. I think we'll get all the characters by January 30th, because I doubt that they'll show all the unlockables on the Dojo before its out in America, so when its out in Japan they'll find everything out ASAP.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
I disagree with Youko. I think we'll get all the characters by January 30th, because I doubt that they'll show all the unlockables on the Dojo before its out in America, so when its out in Japan they'll find everything out ASAP.
I thought Youko just meant that we'd know in general, not from the DOJO. As in spoilers, leaked information, etc. Because we'll most likely know by then in that case.

balladofwindfishes

Smash Journeyman
I'm almost positive someone will get their hands on a pre-release copy.

Plus there's official guides which will show everything.

I wonder is Dedede, Sonic, and Snake will be starters, I guess we'll find out.

Don't CoroCoro's usually come out like on the 27th or so of the month?

Darkurai

Smash Master
I'm going to laugh when Captain Falcon is revealed tomorrow and Sakurai makes an Info update to announce that the starting roster has been completely revealed. :chuckle:
I've no doubts that Falcon is in the game, but whether or not he's a starter is debatable.

Dr. UnKnown

Smash Apprentice

Hopefully we'll have another Best Buy Super Mario Galaxy incident

HourglassMemory

Smash Journeyman
I think it would be a let down if they revealed all of it. like "Oh there you go. Yes, so and so are in...look at the picture..."
And then you have to wait till febuary to play, when there's nothing to find out.
I buy the game to explore it, not to get all of the game in pictures and little clips and then buy it to do it myself.
I want to find stuff out for myself.

It's also very possible that the characters revealed until now are all of the beggining roster. And they have 20 more to reveal or something.
When you think about the team Sakurai is working with it's totally feasable that these smash brothers fanatics got a lot of characters into the game.
they even have time to make assist trophies!
Captain falcon hasn't been revealed, and luigi hasn't either, nor Jigglypuff. They've announced Sonic over Jigglypuff, over Captain Falcon and Luigi. they're putting out there characters that they think are 'ok' to be showing out there.
Perhaps waht they're showing are teh non secret characters. The initial roster.
I mean putting Sonic on the initial roster is not much to ask really.
Mario is on the initial roster... MARIO!
I mean he's a major character of the gaming industry and he's handed out to the player right at the beggining.
It's very likely that sonic will too.
I think mos tpeople think it's more likely that Sonic and Snake will be secret because they're special entrances. that doesn't mean they're gonna hide them after they let you look at them.
They could for sure.
I really don't mind either way if Sonic and Snake have to be unlocked or are part of the initial roster.
I think that if they were part of the initial roster, it would make it more exciting to find out who the secret characters were.

Imagine having "Character approaching!" thrown to your face out of nowhere and then it's just sonic.
Your reaction would be "Ha! Awsome ,now I can play with him." instead of " OMFG!!!! LOL !!!!11!!! HIM/HER????"
I mean, it's not as exciting if you already know the secret character, and you've inclusively seen him fighting with other charcaters already.

Obvisouly I'm not sure about this, but specualtion entertains us all as we wait for Feb. , or at least Dec.15.

balladofwindfishes

Smash Journeyman
a friend of mine on another forum mentioned something like

"Maybe they'll release a new trailor in a few days showing like 3 new characters/vets. This would finish the starting roster and Sakurai can know he was the first to show us"

Might be pluasible.

ChaoticTH

Smash Ace
Some town in USA Georgia Mains: Falco and Yoshi _
a friend of mine on another forum mentioned something like

"Maybe they'll release a new trailor in a few days showing like 3 new characters/vets. This would finish the starting roster and Sakurai can know he was the first to show us"

Might be pluasible.
It's possible, but at the same time... inpossible. I mean, we JUST got a new trailer back in October.

Zek

Smash Ace
I think the probability of some magazine getting permission to reveal every single character in the game over a month before release is basically zero. If they're talking about the starting roster then I'm guessing that anybody they reveal will be announced on the Dojo by then.

So far it definitely seems like Snake and Sonic will be hidden, and maybe Dedede as well, but I'd say the rest on the site are starters. I also very highly doubt that Captain Falcon will be made unlockable again, given that he's the only real representative of his franchise. I'm guessing there will be a couple Melee unlockables brought to the starting roster as well, like Jigglypuff, Luigi, Ganondorf or Mr. Game & Watch.

balladofwindfishes

Smash Journeyman
I think the probability of some magazine getting permission to reveal every single character in the game over a month before release is basically zero. If they're talking about the starting roster then I'm guessing that anybody they reveal will be announced on the Dojo by then.

So far it definitely seems like Snake and Sonic will be hidden, and maybe Dedede as well, but I'd say the rest on the site are starters. I also very highly doubt that Captain Falcon will be made unlockable again, given that he's the only real representative of his franchise. I'm guessing there will be a couple Melee unlockables brought to the starting roster as well, like Jigglypuff, Luigi, Ganondorf or Mr. Game & Watch.
this magazine reveiled 75% of Diamond and Pearl's Pokemon and Info before Nintendo even acknoledged the game existed and was being developed. I don't doubt their authority and power to get this information.

WarMachine

Smash Apprentice
Ah, that's awesome. Thank you muchly for finding this.

Hopefully this means some relief from the recent character drought. =]

Thedude3445

Smash Apprentice
I bet it's just the starting roster. Unless over 10 characters will be revealed in 3 weeks (the minimum full roster I believe was said to be 35, or I'm going mad.).

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master

I doubt Sonic or Snake will be starters, DDD is a possibility
I know, I was just messin, dude.
Gotcha ;)

Zoolander

Smash Journeyman
I doubt the whole roster, but CoroCoro is a VERY inside magazine. Look at all thier pokemon coverage. We know of like all the pokeymanz 3 months before the game's release.

I'm marking my calendar. Should be interesting either way.

Come to think of it, who cares about which it is? WE GET MORE CHARACTERS :D

Zek

Smash Ace
Did they have Nintendo's permission to reveal so many of the D/P pokemon?

ChaoticTH

Smash Ace
Some town in USA Georgia Mains: Falco and Yoshi _
I doubt the whole roster, but CoroCoro is a VERY inside magazine. Look at all thier pokemon coverage. We know of like all the pokeymanz 3 months before the game's release.

I'm marking my calendar. Should be interesting either way.

Come to think of it, who cares about which it is? WE GET MORE CHARACTERS :D
And AIDS, don't forget the precious AIDS

Rodriguezjr

Smash Apprentice
Well, hopefully Sonic and Snake will be starting characters. I can't wait to see how this turns out in a couple of weeks.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I think the whole (starting) roster will be complete on the Dojo before this thing gets released. Either way, we'll see what happens. (go Krystal!)

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I put it on the blog for you SP. Hopefully this turns out good. I just can't see how it wouldn't be. Either Sakurai will go ahead and reveal it on the dojo or we'll find out through a magazine. Win/win really.

shipoffools

Smash Journeyman
if its the starting characters, i have faith that our wonderful mods will post the entire thing in a stickie, and if its the entire roster they will post the entire roster with spoiler tags on the unlockables.

/suckup

granted, i didnt read past the 2nd page, but it seems to be a concern...so, have faith.

Spellman

Smash Ace
So how is CoroCoro able to get this information first? Is there like an inside guy that leaks information to the writers or does Nintendo teams willing fully release information to them?

Bajef8

Smash Ace
It's a great find, that's for sure.

I wouldn't be surprised though if we get DOJO updates of the characters that are left before then, though. Such sources always seem to recap what the DOJO has announced, and hopefully that means we'll get a couple character updates in the next few weeks! There's always hope.
i bet we get one this week for sure since there hasn't been a character update in a month(a month this friday).

susu_atari

Smash Ace
Before the launch, if the characters had stayed as frequent as they were, we would've seen another 2-3... I reckon we'll see another 2 before the 12th, and that all the characters we've seen are the starters.

shipoffools

Smash Journeyman
this is a nice change from only one character being confirmed in the last almost 6 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom