• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Not a Tier List: Montage's Character ratings: New Info: Meta, Sonic, Snake, Lucario

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I think this list is ****
could it be that you are very nooby :p

oh, and metaknights attacks are more stronger than diddys!!!
how can you think that he has got strong attacks? <<
Lol, he does us a favor and you call him nooby? Just get out =\

This list might be exact and correct 100% on everyone he reviewed, or they could all be horribly wrong, he took time to help us, the players who haven't had the chance to play Brawl yet, get a better idea about how the characters play, so take these reviews as you will.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
OOOOOH GW! That pic is so funny. Oh man, I'm gonna go lace up my nike pumps, and watch saved by the bell. The eat some ninja turtle cereal, and go over to Nobody beats the god****ed Wiz!! YOU'RE SO FUNNY!!!

No really, I said, these are my impressions. You're not funny, or tough. I'm trying to show people the game, so stop being a clown.

If you really think he's so good, go online and show me. If you can't it means you don't have the game, which proves I know more. gtfo.

thetoastinator

Smash Apprentice
I can say these are interesting rating. However, may I ask if you are bias towards a certain character(s)?

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Bias, no. I have seen certain characters used more, and seen their potential. In light of the flaming, I'm current;y playing yoshi to try and boost his score. I found 1 good thing, but then found 2 bad things.

kunai_abuser

Smash Journeyman
i can't accept your 1 on Yoshi, he can't be that bad :/

EDIT: I never meant to flame, just was a little shocked, lol:laugh:

dmbrandon

Smash Master
@kunai I researched yoshi a bit, and played him out. I added some notes, take another look.

@Fazares See above, put Mario's name in it.

Don't come into my thread trolling. We get it, you disagree.

fazares

Smash Apprentice
mate...even if gimpyfish was less reputable than u...i d trust him....just looking at the many ssmb video on the net.....

dmbrandon

Smash Master
GW, if you have Brawl, I'll put 50$ on the line you won't even get me to one stock with yoshi.

Faz, Melee means nothing now. You guys have to realize, this is a new game, and my reviews are OPINIONS.

I'm just trying to shine light on the game for the people who wanna hear it.

fazares

Smash Apprentice
mate nothing wrong with u...just from looking at the videos mario looks better than melee...gimpyfish was right....if we trust ur OPINION...we should believe that mario has gone from mid-tier to low tier....when a pro said quite the opposite...

RedrappeR

Smash Journeyman
Did anyone not read my ****ing post? He's giving impressions, give the man a break. It's not like he came here yelling at certain characters for attention. He wanted to add to some suitable discussion.

Maikeru17

What the hell is this thing
NNID
NoxNoctis
I love how people are giving you **** about this.
How scrubish of them.

I personally think you did a good job on this - sure there's always room for disagreement, but these are obviously (more or less) rough reviews of the roster.
It isn't going to take us a week to get Brawl's metagame and tier list into a fully-functioning, near-perfect being, and some people seem to not understand this.

Again, really nice job.
I wish I had the game to put you to the test.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Lol I love how we try do our best to help people by giving them information they want and get burnt on the stake for it xD.

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the ratings. I wish Kirby would have gotten one though. No one seems to have any extensive impressions on Kirby other than "yeah buffed a lil i guess. nice dash."

Hopefully we can find someone who actually will give Kirby an in depth review like all the other characters are getting.

fazares

Smash Apprentice
his mario rating doesnt look reliable....mario has improved a lot...his f-air can kill ....airs have almost 0 lag.....his up b is way better both as recovery and killing move....his up smash looks to have been buffed as well.....to the poster above...u can provide all of the data u want...i will have the game this week...so i can go on this board and make a pseudo-tier list as the op did...but not....i will play the game and wait for some real tier list to show up....people could trus opinions as fact and someone could give up mario as main from the beginning just after reading this really subjective article...:-/

dmbrandon

Smash Master
his mario rating doesnt look reliable....mario has improved a lot...his f-air can kill ....airs have almost 0 lag.....his up b is way better both as recovery and killing move....his up smash looks to have been buffed as well.....to the poster above...u can provide all of the data u want...i will have the game this week...so i can go on this board and make a pseudo-tier list as the op did...but not....i will play the game and wait for some real tier list to show up....people could trus opinions as fact and someone could give up mario as main from the beginning just after reading this really subjective article...:-/
Well boo-hoo for Mario. I don't like the way he plays. He doesn't flow for me, or anyone that's been in my house playing this game (Roughly 30 now?)

I base my claims on cpus playing, me playing, videos and spectating. You base your claim on some other people's claims.

Just don't read my posts. Gamefaqs is that way ->

Dry Bones

Smash Ace
who here knows what "opinion" means? i have no idea why people who make these threads get flamed to hell, just because they are just sharing their personal opinions and early impressions for no real personal gain

fazares

Smash Apprentice
go check this thread for serious smash opinions:http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=121329....only notable things changed from the e for all demo are ike not havin any invisible lag anymore and l- cancel by fast falling airs gone....
to the op....u could be playing with 30-40 noob marios...for what matter....i heard others early opinions as well and i didnt see anyone talking so bad about mario..lol...
taken from gimpyfish article:
Mario has it all in Brawl. He is plenty fast; he has great, effective, and easy combos; he has a lot of KO potential; he has good edge guarding; he has a reasonably good projectile of his own, and he is difficult to edge guard. Mario, from what we saw, was likely the best character shown at the demo - at least, at the level we were playing the game. He also has an awesome new Fire Mario costume, one of my favorites. Mario fans rejoice, he is better than his Melee counterpart in every respect.

who believe????

Miller

Smash Lord
Wow, I agree with this List so much, its like right on. Ike's 7.5 score for now suits him from lack of information about SAFs(Super Armor Frames). To the OP Im going to send you a PM.

AthrunZala

Smash Journeyman
dbrandon i thank you for writing this up. it is good for people to let us know what is going on with the game. of course we are not at the best level of play yet but everyone has to start out somewhere. i just have a couple of questions.

1. is there any bias in this list that you think.. i mean i know you have been playing the game and all and you and your crew have your fav chars but it just seems that all your mains and second charas all are in the top 10. i am not saying that they arent but do you think you could go and revist your opinion on some chars.

2. why is shiek still so highly ranked? i have seen a bunch of other people saying how she has been nerfed big time. she cant do her crazy chain grab nymore and she has lost a lot of power on her fair and bair so i would like to know why she is rated so high.

3. what would you rank poketrainer as overall. i know you cant do a 19.5 lol.... i mean like how would you rate him if make proper use of switching charas?

4. please tell me wolf is just because of bias. lol..... no really what makes wolf a 9.5.... from what you haver stated it sounds like he is a 8.5. it just seems like your space chars are all 1 point to high on ratings.

5. from what gimpy had posted about in his thread from playing the demo mario peach and metaknight should have higher ratings... i cant see them changing the charas from the demos that much. if you could just explain a little more why they are low that would be great.

like i said i know you and the rest of the smash community are no where near the level we were/are at in melee and i am not trying to be like mean when i ask my questions. i would just like to know reasons. thank you for taking your time out to help out the community for those (like me) who have to wait till march 9th to play.

oh and one more last question.

6. is the game fun to play where you can sit down for hours at a time and enjoy playing the game. from a competitive point of view and from just playing to have fun point of view.

Revven

FrankerZ
I <3 Diddy, I'm glad I've always liked him in the Mario sports games. Once again, Diddy shows me how awesome he is in every game he is in. :p

Hypnotoad

Smash Rookie
thanks for the info! too bad my two mains (mario and yoshi) only got worse. >< oh well looks like its time to pick up someone new

Xanderous

Smash Lord
To call Zamus weak is insane. Her aerials are practically all kill moves, she has a near limitless recovery and her side B can kill at low percents.

Aside from that, she's quick, has 3 jumps + UpB, can combo like a beast and racks up damage fast fast fast.

Proven

Smash Apprentice
Things I didn't notice mentioned...

Zero Suit Samus: She has three jumps (ground jump, mid-air jump, Down B) and tether recovery. Her aerial kicks and Side B are kill moves, Up B from the ground gives combo ability and is anti-air to guys like Kirby and Pit. Both her neutral B and Down Smash seem to just be there to give her a free Smash/Side B/grab. Uses whip to grab, so she still has a long reach. Best played as a spacing, mid-range character, like Samus in her suit, pretty much.

Ice Climbers: Recovery improved. Nana will now use Side B to try and recover by herself, and their Up B works like a tether recover; whichever climber grabs the ledge while the wire is still out will automatically pull the other climber to the ledge as well.

I pretty much agree with everything else you said, other than Mario (heh, I'm biased as a Mario main, so I won't comment), but I think I might have given slightly different ratings. Don't really want to attempt it so I commend you for doing it. Snake and Sonic are the most extreme and hardest to master, and I'm glad. It means the only tourney videos we'll see of them will be awesome.

Edit: I also disagree with Diddy. Jeez, he sounds like an easy character to play as, without considering his recovery. Also, although his running attack does seem like it may be the best in the game, a lot of other characters have running attacks that suit them perfectly for what they need to do.

fazares

Smash Apprentice
thanks for the info! too bad my two mains (mario and yoshi) only got worse. >< oh well looks like its time to pick up someone new
are u joking......??????
go check gimpyfish tread in one of my previos posts...lol i knew that someone would give up as mario main after reading this thread....
please rename this thread as" my personal favourite ssmb character list.....":-/

clace

Smash Journeyman
In melee I mained Marth, Falco and C. Falcon (Not so much...) And I'm glad to see that they're all good, except C. Falcon, who I'm gonna swap for Pit who I wanted to main since I saw him.

I'm having a dilemma though, should I swap Falco for Wolf? Wolf is undoubtedly better but I love Falco because of his actual character, not his moveset...Should I abandon mah beloved Falco?

Chilltownn

Smash Rookie
Nice stuff.

Interesting that Marth/Diddy/Wolf are constantly being mentioned as the best characters the most consistently already.

webrunner

Smash Apprentice
I've seen G&W's parachute in a video, so he hasn't lost it. it might be activated different

Hypnotoad

Smash Rookie
are u joking......??????
go check gimpyfish tread in one of my previos posts...lol i knew that someone would give up as mario main after reading this thread....:-/
please ive read gimpys thread and was hopeful after what he said but he only said that after playing a demo version for 3 days. things could have changed from the demo and these guys have seemed to play the game longer. i am still going to play as mario just not main him anymore. and im sorry if my post made it sound like this thread made me come to that decision, it didnt

fazares

Smash Apprentice
the only thing that really changed from the demo was ike being faster ano l-cancel....in 3 days gimpy discovered that mario up b is better as recovery and killing move....his f-air can kill....his airs have zero lag...his up smash has been buffed....isnt it enough to see mario as a buffed char...?
if mario was ur main...u should understand that this changes makes him a better contender this time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom