• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal Regionals (NCR) Results thread - 4/27/13, Sunnyvale CA

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
TOP 8 VIDEOS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FsDtCQCJRs&list=PLHL9GyibDp1xWE73aHFhDuKgel6S-itel

Singles (73 entrants):
1. Hungrybox (Jigglypuff) ($511)
2. Mango (Fox, Falco, Captain Falcon) ($146)
3. PewPewU (Marth) ($73)
4. WestBallz (Falco)
5. S2J (Captain Falcon)
5. Fly Amanita (Ice Climbers)
7. Zhu (Falco)
7. Sung (Sheik)

Doubles (20 teams):
1. Scar + Mango ($100)
2. SFAT + PewPewU ($60)
3. Hungrybox + Bladewise ($40)

Official Shoryuken results thread:
http://shoryuken.com/2013/04/28/roa...y-1-streaming-live-from-sunnyvale-california/

Bracket pools:
Pool 1
Pool 2
Pool 3
Pool 4

Original tournament thread:
http://smashboards.com/threads/road...reg-only-april-26th-2013-sunnyvale-ca.334490/

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
gg's to everyone

extremely high level play at this tournament

i need to practice for evo

congrats to HBOX

strawhats

Smash Master
Go get dat Work PPU!! Good stuff beating axe's pika and giving hbox the scare of his life. Closest 3-0 ever? Also good **** holding it down vs Mangeezy in winners

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ppu vs mango and hbox's comeback were the highlights of the tournament for me

but the hot, sweaty marvel top 8 upstairs was when i lost my voice. extreme hype, especially in ranmasama's sets

Revven

FrankerZ
As a stream monster, Melee top 8 was one of the most back and forth top 8s of the entire tournament. Granted, I also really loved watching AE, Melee GFs was so much more intense imo (maybe because Xian just completely blew it once Infiltration won game 1 of set 2).

I'm really curious how many people that haven't seen Melee in awhile watched Top 8 at the venue. Anyone know? Or did it mostly consist of the Melee players there?

Djent

Smash Champion
It was depressing that SRK barely gave a **** enough to confirm Melee results...meh, at least they fixed them now.

Anyway, I'm sad that I had to miss the Melee stream. PewPewU is far and away the best dedicated Marth player in years.

Revven

FrankerZ
It was depressing that SRK barely gave a **** enough to confirm Melee results...meh, at least they fixed them now.
Real misunderstanding here. USD told me that she had someone else watching Melee and document the results; she was going to watch the archives to confirm them but as you can see, nobody has access to them (they're sub only right now). The VODs won't be posted until the end of the week on www.youtube.com/iplaywinner

Sucks, but that's just how it happened. Please cut them some slack, man, it's really not as black and white as you're making it out to be.

pewpewyou

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts:

Hungrybox: It was an honor finally getting to play you after all of these years. And our set was AMAZING. I had a ton of fun in our singles and doubles sets and hope to play you again.
Mango: Finally got to run with da_boyz. I hope now you stop sandbagging and realize that there are players all around you that can make you sweat. I took one set off you, that's nothing in comparison to our record, and you rebutted later in Loser's Finals with the convincing 3-0. What I'm most glad for is that I finally made you work for your win and I hope that this will make you respect more of us as players. I also really hope that you start practicing again.
Sung: Good job with making it into top 8, even if you call it "luck".
Weston Elijah Ballz Dennis: I'm glad that we finally got to chill and talk on a real level. Twas dope kickin it with you and packing snaps all night. Come back to SC with your Socal boys
Alan: Madi loves you almost more than she loves me. This must change...
650: 650 FOR ALL THE DAYS SON

Djent

Smash Champion
Real misunderstanding here. USD told me that she had someone else watching Melee and document the results; she was going to watch the archives to confirm them but as you can see, nobody has access to them (they're sub only right now). The VODs won't be posted until the end of the week on www.youtube.com/iplaywinner

Sucks, but that's just how it happened. Please cut them some slack, man, it's really not as black and white as you're making it out to be.
Well in that case, I apologize for thinking too little of the results crew. I'm actually happy to hear that it was just a misunderstanding.

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
How are the uploaded sets looking? Is there any conformation for that? Also, good stuff Pewpewu, your gonna be Top 5 in the US by a year, I'll call it now. And Juan, just wow dude. Keep striving to get better. I hope PP is next on your list ;)

SUNG666

Smash Ace
LA, CA (Glendale) Hook me up if ya wanna smash
Shoutouts

Played in tournament

j0j0james - Ya got a lot of work ahead of ya, gotta work on basic tech skill and make sure you can do shffling and wavedashing all that consistently. Hope ta seeya around new and improved

Hyuga - One day we'll have a set where you aren't TOing and have lots of good friendly warm ups. Ya got me with a lot of good tomahawks too bad for the missed rests hard to get the precision without warming up. Good job TOing and always appreciate the work you do for the community.

Bladewise - Really awesome edgeguarding for the most part and you caught my jumps a lot. Dunno if you know but you can't shield grab a Sheik AC fair/low fair/low nair she has the frames to dash away/dash through you no matter how close she is when landing. You were really good about knowing when to pull turnips or to continue the pressure. We will definitely play again in tournament I have no doubt about that.

Choknater - Ya brought it back nicely in the 2nd game. But you have to tighten up your punish game (grab combos+edgeguarding). Unfortunately I wasn't even close to beating Fly his positioning is really good. When I was playing you, yours was just a little off so I would be able to get away or hit you (such as not nailing a wd sh uair perfectly). Completely forgot about the nana up b bait into blizzard haha.

Scar - Felt like you were playing on and off had some weird SDs and missed some easy edgeguards. But it looked like you were playing pretty fast too and got a couple of nice combos. Ya baited my f tilts and dash attacks pretty well I got shield grabbed. Definitely fun hope to play ya again. What an energetic and fun guy!

Fly Amanita - I got so outplayed. Just know I have a lot I'm workin on wink. Saw a side of you I haven't seen before was a real treat. Awesome person always love watchin ya win and makin magic happen. I know you're not the type to just sit back I'm sure you're gunna be puttin in good work for the future. Oh and wobbling ftw >:]

Not played in tournament

Toph - Thanks for housing us! It musta been a pain especially having these ******** and terrible people locking both doors and then unlocking only one LOL. Your fox is really good, ya beat me bad in those friendlies. Kinda inconsistent with tech a little bit costin you SDs and whatnot in teams. The one thing that you always get me with is when you're edgeguardin me you shine to stall but actually time the double jump bair to hit me everytime and no one does that to me it's sick. But yea fun times hangin out. Now that I think about it, I don't think we've played in tourney yet.

PewPewU - Thanks. Absolutely love watchin your marth and those teams matches were fun too. We'll definitely play in tournament sometime.

Silent Wolf - Holy fudge that fox is fast. Reminds me of Westballz haha. Ya dominated me in the MM and those friendlies too. I'm puttin in work to figure things out and I'll try not to get weak baired into uaired again. Funny guy.

Violence - I got an easy $5 hohoho what a good person but on the real though you got waaay too many d smashes from CC jab just know that it'll never happen against me hehe

Tafokints - Always fun to have you around thx for helpin me with advice all the time great guy I wanna see ya pull off some huge wins.

Stab - Ya already know. Gotta improve gotta make things happen. Pretty sure once we reach consistency we'll be unstoppable.

Westballz - LOL at the 5 AM depression HAHAHA. Oh man that was a sad time but all 3 of us managed to put in work even with little sleep and all that. Well hope you can find another controller now, that's always a pain to do. Clutch win against S2J mega clutch I'm still super down to train hardcore.

JSEX - ********* voice* THE ONE IN FRONT OF THE GUN LIVES FOREVER. Omfg I had a freaking BLAST! Ok dude that was so fun I feel like we're in sync in so many moments it's hilarious. Happy B-day bro hope you had an awesome time too :]

TheCrimsonTide - Climbin up the stairs one step at a time. Gotta recover better and not get so nervous I'm lovin the fire and the work bein put in. Don't slack off now! Seriously though I saw great stuff and I really did enjoy the play that was in the makin. Keep it UP.

Okami - Enthusiastic. I like it. Real sorry about your car could it even have been avoided? Anyway, I hope you had a great time despite that. I never would've thought you'd be swayed by the crowd like that :[ Forget the haters! Seeya at festizzles!

Axe - What a good human being.

Cool Kid - Yo! Comin on the 2nd day reppin your boys that's what I like to hear. I know you're about to be puttin in mad work. I believe in Cool Kid.

Bizzarro Flame - Always love seein ya around. I stole the body movement while playing thing from you I really think it helps HAHAHA

Zeldafreak - Definitely wanted to play you more for sure. You have some incredibly sick combos. Edgeguards are still lacking a bit. Oh well, next time when we have space and setups to do it we'll MM for sure.

GGs to everyone else I wanna play with all of yall. I had a ton of fun playin and hangin out with the homies.

Murda.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
This was definitely the most fun tournament I've ever been to! I'd like to thank the TOs and anyone else that helped out.

I'd also like to give shoutouts to the following:

PewPewU - Good job getting so far! You're always improving surprisingly fast.

Axe - It was fun playing you in tournament and I'm a big fan of your Pikachu! All of your characters are really good, and you're definitely the most technical player I've ever seen. Fortunately I didn't get 3 or 4 stocked by you like I thought I would, haha. I hope we get to play another time!

Violence - Those friendlies we played were really fun! I never had real experience in the Samus MU before, but thanks to you I now do!

Alan - I honestly didn't expect to beat you in bracket, but those were some good matches!

Everyone else I played friendlies with:

Fox/Roy player - I'm sorry I don't remember your name, but your dashdancing is very good! Keep it up and you'll be great!

The Crimson Blur - I might've sounded a little rude after you told me I got a lot better since last time we played, and I'm sorry for that. I really meant to say "Thanks" instead, but at that point I was exhausted and hungry so I wasn't thinking right. You're very good at specific things, but I think a little work on your neutral game will help you a lot!

Toph - You have a solid Fox. Keep it up!

S2J - It was nice finally getting to play your Falcon.

Silent Wolf - You've comboed me harder than any other Fox I've played! Good games.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
As a stream monster, Melee top 8 was one of the most back and forth top 8s of the entire tournament. Granted, I also really loved watching AE, Melee GFs was so much more intense imo (maybe because Xian just completely blew it once Infiltration won game 1 of set 2).

I'm really curious how many people that haven't seen Melee in awhile watched Top 8 at the venue. Anyone know? Or did it mostly consist of the Melee players there?
at the venue melee was not on the projector, but it was downstairs on a single tv, so the crowd around the tv was mostly melee, mostly because nobody else could really see. the loudness of the hype filled the room though lol, i wish more people could've watched. it's ok tho, i heard the stream had 5k
Shoutouts to Gasping
ROFL i really want to see the videos now
Choknater - Ya brought it back nicely in the 2nd game. But you have to tighten up your punish game (grab combos+edgeguarding). Unfortunately I wasn't even close to beating Fly his positioning is really good. When I was playing you, yours was just a little off so I would be able to get away or hit you (such as not nailing a wd sh uair perfectly). Completely forgot about the nana up b bait into blizzard haha.
thanks for the tips man. it's actually really rare that i play against sheik, and sometimes i just assume that i have the advantage in the matchup when it's clearly not the case. i took notes when watching fly beat you so i'll definitely give you a different match next time. hehe. hope to play you again. CONGRATS on making to 8 though man, you really deserved it

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
"We’re also changing the way seeds are awarded to increase seeding accuracy, especially at the top. This year, the top 16 players from each event will earn an Evo seed, but we are not awarding seeding points. At the end of the season, Evo will manually assign seeds to all the seeded players."

- EVO 2013

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
KirbyKaze I still have some random picture of you on my phone that you asked me to take and send to you but never did.

What do I do.

Senortesta

Smash Apprentice
Really fun sets to watch. It was the best seing my favorite marth do work and almost take 2nd place is such a stacked tourney.

AXE 09

Smash Master
So I'm guessing the vids from the stream before top 8 aren't going to be uploaded to Youtube?

Top Bottom