• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khoru

Smash Champion
where's the leak that had dixie's tropical freeze render with a mouth drawn on in paint

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I agree with Burb. Peach is over wrought with so many extra details in her attire in Smash that it kind of ruins the beauty of her simplistic design.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I guess I'm in the minority. I love the more detailed designs. Peach's Smash design is her best one, IMO.

It's like how Twilight Princess has my favorite art style for a Zelda game.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I guess I'm in the minority. I love the more detailed designs. Peach's Smash design is her best one, IMO.

It's like how Twilight Princess has my favorite art style for a Zelda game.
I honestly like Twilight princess' artstyle a lot. Not my favorite, but not bad by a long shot.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I'm probably in the minority but I absolutely hated Brawl's art style.

They tried to go for a realistic direction on a system that's not known for realism. And it ended up looking worse than it should have.

Smash Wii U is without a doubt the best looking Smash game for me.

Chrono.

Heh.

Smash 4's Zelda cast bar Toon Link look weird in the vibrant artstyle. Which is the exact opposite of what happened in Brawl.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I'm a middle road kind of guy, which is why Smash 4 is so appealing to me art wise. Brawl was still way too gritty for my tastes, but hey, art is subjective.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
well, I didn;t expected people would find the design of Peach to not be simple enough (I honestly don;t find much issues), but this lead me to think, do you like this VERY simple design better?

Peach.png

Simplicity FTW!

:)

Burb

The Absolute Worst
well, I didn;t expected people would find the design of Peach to not be simple enough (I honestly don;t find much issues), but this lead me to think, do you like this VERY simple design better?

View attachment 60232

Simplicity FTW!

:)
It's not just about simplicity for me. It's just that Peach doesn't really look like herself to me in Smash. It isn't just the dress, it's pretty much everything about her.

It's like they tried to make her more realistic, even in Smash 4 where the characters were supposed to look more like their canon selves. She reminds me of the Sonic 06 version of Eggman.

Rosalina's dress got the same treatment as Peach's, and she doesn't have the same issue as Peach. She still looks like she's supposed to, to me.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
To be perfectly honest, Fast Racing Neo looks more like Wipeout than F-Zero.

Not a bad thing at all, mind you.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I really want to see 3DS stages being ported to the Wii U version, mainly Arena Ferox and Unova League so we have an excuse to get more Awakening music(and possibly Fates too, now that it's out) and Gen 5 music(THERE'S ONLY THREE MUSIC TRACKS FROM GEN 5, WHOEVER ALLOWED THIS SHOULD BE FIRED)

The Wii sold much more than the PS3 and the XBOX360.
This is what I'm talking about, it doesn't matter how powerful a console is, the weaker one is actually the one that sells better most of the time(i.e. PS2 was weaker than the GC and the XBOX(?), but it is the best selling console of all time)
Just for reference, original Xbox > Gamecube > PS2 > Dreamcast, as far as processing power goes.

This gen the PS4 has a sizable lead on the Xbone and Wii U, and it also happens to be the most powerful system. If the system remains affordable then system power can still be a major selling point.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Just for reference, original Xbox > Gamecube > PS2 > Dreamcast, as far as processing power goes.

This gen the PS4 has a sizable lead on the Xbone and Wii U, and it also happens to be the most powerful system. If the system remains affordable then system power can still be a major selling point.
Oh for Gods sake...

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I hope they make Federation force a spin off franchise that's here to stay just out of spite. :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom