• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
huh.
I wondered for a bit why I stopped get notifications from here.
and here lies the answer.
good morning everyone.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Overwatch is so damn good.

Now I just need to invest in a gaming PC so I can become best in the world (in my Silver II League)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
They literally know why they call it the "MH"

It's the Monster Hunter machine. That's what the 3DS has been for years
Huh?

3DS is the last console I would call a "machine for a specific game".

Sometimes I feel like it has an over-saturation of good games on it. It's like the exact opposite of the Wii U.

------------------------

Also, I have a little theory regarding that Sonic social media post. Keep in mind that Aaron Webber EXPLICITLY stated it had a hint, so I'm not doing theory crafting for no reason.

Here's what I think:

First off, there's a prominent re-occurrence of the number three. Sonic has three Z's above his head in the top left image. There are three boxes with blue borders, and three with red. And although Aaron said the blue pixels on the top right have nothing to do with the hint, it's worth noting it's essentially two patterns of three pixels with the way it's structured.

Then there's the use of Classic Sonic. He's been popping up a lot in Sonic 25th Anniversary media as of late, which is expected, as he's very merchandisable. So nothing strange there...except, USUALLY, the Sonic social media accounts use Modern Sonic for these meme posts, especially when they have a little self-deprecating humour in them, since Modern Sonic stuff is easier to riff on. So I think Classic Sonic is a hint. I also think the specific use of him and the 25th Anniversary logo in the "what society thinks I do" panel, is supposed to be a hinting that "Classic Sonic appearing here isn't strange because he's easily merchandisable for media" is a red herring. Society thinks Classic Sonic is only hear for 25th Anniversary marketing and not for an actual game...but what he "actually does" is appear in a game being developed.

Then there is the "SONIC" logo at the top. It looks completely normal at first glance, it's the classic Sonic franchise logo they've always used...except for one detail. The colour. While it's known the Sonic logo appears in in different colours, I cannot find a single instance of that specific colouration, with the red between the yellow and blue. If anyone knows of one, feel free to point it out, but as a pretty huge Sonic and graphics design nerd, I can't recall any instance of it, and I feel like it's something I would remember.

And lastly, there is the triangle design on the top left and bottom right corners of the image. That aesthetic in terms of Sonic is most iconic for being used on the Japanese box art for the Classic Sonic games.

It also appeared in Generations, Lost World, and Runners, for menus and stuff, and those games all heavily called back to the Classic Sonic games in some way.

So with the possible hints laid out, here's what I think they all mean:

The re-occurrence of the number three, would suggest that it will be significant to an upcoming game, most likely it's title. There's a bunch of potential "third in a series" games they could release that fans would appreciate for the 25th Anniversary.

The blue and red borders around the images (3 of each colour), make me think of:

The strange appearance of red in the "SONIC" logo also makes me think of Knuckles.

So Classic Sonic, the number 3 in the title, and the red being a hint towards Knuckles appearing.

There's only one thing I think of with all of these combined clues.

And this leads me to bring up one more clue, which might be the most significant.

"Game Development In Progress".

You see, Sonic 3 Remastered isn't just some random fan dream. A prototype for it exists, made by Taxman and Stealth, who developed the recent, officially licensed remasters of Sonic CD, Sonic 1, and Sonic 2. However, development halted as they could not get SEGA's approval to go into full production and to officially release it (most believe it has something to do with licensing, particularly the fact that S3&K has tracks composed by Micheal Jackson himself). They even started a petition for it, launched a site, and uploaded a video showcasing it's new features.

So I think it's possible the thing Aaron is hinting towards is the greenlight of this prototype, and that it has resumed development, and that it will be released this year, for the 25th Anniversary.

So still nothing to do with the new Sonic Team developed game, but still something a lot of fans want regardless.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Huh?

3DS is the last console I would call a "machine for a specific game".

Sometimes I feel like it has an over-saturation of good games on it. It's like the exact opposite of the Wii U.

------------------------

Also, I have a little theory regarding that Sonic social media post. Keep in mind that Aaron Webber EXPLICITLY stated it had a hint, so I'm not doing theory crafting for no reason.

Here's what I think:

First off, there's a prominent re-occurrence of the number three. Sonic has three Z's above his head in the top left image. There are three boxes with blue borders, and three with red. And although Aaron said the blue pixels on the top right have nothing to do with the hint, it's worth noting it's essentially two patterns of three pixels with the way it's structured.

Then there's the use of Classic Sonic. He's been popping up a lot in Sonic 25th Anniversary media as of late, which is expected, as he's very merchandisable. So nothing strange there...except, USUALLY, the Sonic social media accounts use Modern Sonic for these meme posts, especially when they have a little self-deprecating humour in them, since Modern Sonic stuff is easier to riff on. So I think Classic Sonic is a hint. I also think the specific use of him and the 25th Anniversary logo in the "what society thinks I do" panel, is supposed to be a hinting that "Classic Sonic appearing here isn't strange because he's easily merchandisable for media" is a red herring. Society thinks Classic Sonic is only hear for 25th Anniversary marketing and not for an actual game...but what he "actually does" is appear in a game being developed.

Then there is the "SONIC" logo at the top. It looks completely normal at first glance, it's the classic Sonic franchise logo they've always used...except for one detail. The colour. While it's known the Sonic logo appears in in different colours, I cannot find a single instance of that specific colouration, with the red between the yellow and blue. If anyone knows of one, feel free to point it out, but as a pretty huge Sonic and graphics design nerd, I can't recall any instance of it, and I feel like it's something I would remember.

And lastly, there is the triangle design on the top left and bottom right corners of the image. That aesthetic in terms of Sonic is most iconic for being used on the Japanese box art for the Classic Sonic games.

It also appeared in Generations, Lost World, and Runners, for menus and stuff, and those games all heavily called back to the Classic Sonic games in some way.

So with the possible hints laid out, here's what I think they all mean:

The re-occurrence of the number three, would suggest that it will be significant to an upcoming game, most likely it's title. There's a bunch of potential "third in a series" games they could release that fans would appreciate for the 25th Anniversary.

The blue and red borders around the images (3 of each colour), make me think of:

The strange appearance of red in the "SONIC" logo also makes me think of Knuckles.

So Classic Sonic, the number 3 in the title, and the red being a hint towards Knuckles appearing.

There's only one thing I think of with all of these combined clues.

And this leads me to bring up one more clue, which might be the most significant.

"Game Development In Progress".

You see, Sonic 3 Remastered isn't just some random fan dream. A prototype for it exists, made by Taxman and Stealth, who developed the recent, officially licensed remasters of Sonic CD, Sonic 1, and Sonic 2. However, development halted as they could not get SEGA's approval to go into full production and to officially release it (most believe it has something to do with licensing, particularly the fact that S3&K has tracks composed by Micheal Jackson himself). They even started a petition for it, launched a site, and uploaded a video showcasing it's new features.

So I think it's possible the thing Aaron is hinting towards is the greenlight of this prototype, and that it has resumed development, and that it will be released this year, for the 25th Anniversary.

So still nothing to do with the new Sonic Team developed game, but still something a lot of fans want regardless.
I don't care for Sonic 3 Remastered unless they put it on consoles and PC.

Just put it on the systems that matter. I don't wanna play iOS version of this. Please do a console/handheld/PC version and I'll care

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't care for Sonic 3 Remastered unless they put it on consoles and PC.

Just put it on the systems that matter. I don't wanna play iOS version of this. Please do a console/handheld/PC version and I'll care
You know, you can just get Bluestacks.

It's an Android emulator for PC. I play the existing Classic Sonic remasters on it nowadays, and they run flawlessly, with a controller.

And since Bluestacks has access to the Google Play Store, and can link to your Google Play Account, you can still legally purchase the games. And use them on both your phone and PC.

It's very easy to set up and works a charm. It's also owned by Amazon, so it's not like it's some back alley product.

It's probably the only public emulator for anything ever that's legal to use.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
You know, you can just get Bluestacks.

It's an Android emulator for PC. I play the existing Classic Sonic remasters on it nowadays, and they run flawlessly, with a controller.

And since Bluestacks has access to the Google Play Store, and can link to your Google Play Account, you can still legally purchase the games. And use them on both your phone and PC.

It's very easy to set up and works a charm. It's also owned by Amazon, so it's not like it's some back alley product.

It's probably the only public emulator for anything ever that's legal to use.
Still I want them on consoles and handhelds man. Stop doing that Sega.

Chainz

Sleepy Chainz
Premium
3DS FC
1075-1816-9029
A classic Sonic game on mobile doesn't sound like a bad idea, but the controls would be a pain in the ass.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Gotta love the extremely one sided fights that Cartoon Fight Club makes.

Because Freddy Fazbear would stand a serious chance against Sans. :rolleyes:

And don't get me started on the DBZ vs Naruto or One Piece fights.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_Nintendo_3DS_video_games

Eh? Looks more like the Pokemon Machine starring Mario, Animal Crossing, and Smash to me.

Unless you're talking about strictly third party titles, in which case I'm not sure why that would be what they'd name it after with so many of their own games but I guess it technically works in that case. Only year Monster Hunter led games sales for the system was last year.

At any rate, it sounds kind of like an abbreviation for "My Handheld." That sounds like it would make sense considering the ever increasing number of custom features like folders, system themes, badges, and so on that they've been patching into the 3DS and how Smash 3DS was designed with a more personal player experience in mind.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_Nintendo_3DS_video_games

Eh? Looks more like the Pokemon Machine starring Mario, Animal Crossing, and Smash to me.

Unless you're talking about strictly third party titles, in which case I'm not sure why that would be what they'd name it after with so many of their own games but I guess it technically works in that case. Only year Monster Hunter led games sales for the system was last year.

At any rate, it sounds kind of like an abbreviation for "My Handheld." That sounds like it would make sense considering the ever increasing number of custom features like folders, system themes, badges, and so on that they've been patching into the 3DS and how Smash 3DS was designed with a more personal player experience in mind.
Well Monster Hunter sells like crazy and the most on 3DS systems.

That's why when I see Codename MH, I think of one of the biggest reasons to own a 3DS in Japan:

Monster Hunter

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Na, I meant more as in half of those games look like they suck lol
Eh, I'm sure most of them are fine. I own quite a few of them and a lot of them were excellent.

Tomodachi Life is the only one I tried that I feel I overpaid for a bit due to how little there is to actively do in it, but even then it's not horrible so much as just downright empty.

Main ones I wonder about are Sticker Star (because everyone complains), Lego City (because licensed and the fact that the one game didn't do the Wii U any favors as a launch title), and a couple of the download only games, but everything else seems fine and I guess there's no accounting for taste.

. . .Oh, and there's Nintendogs+Cats, but I don't really question how that sold in general so much as I'm mildly surprised that virtual pet games can still somewhat sell after the DS oversaturation.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Eh, I'm sure most of them are fine. I own quite a few of them and a lot of them were excellent.

Tomodachi Life is the only one I tried that I feel I overpaid for a bit due to how little there is to actively do in it, but even then it's not horrible so much as just downright empty.

Main ones I wonder about are Sticker Star (because everyone complains), Lego City (because licensed and the fact that the one game didn't do the Wii U any favors as a launch title), and a couple of the download only games, but everything else seems fine and I guess there's no accounting for taste.

. . .Oh, and there's Nintendogs+Cats, but I don't really question how that sold in general so much as I'm mildly surprised that virtual pet games can still somewhat sell after the DS oversaturation.
Sticker Star is a case that it caught people in sales before the bitter realization that of what it was the full way through.
And casual market.
My theory, anyways.

Chainz

Sleepy Chainz
Premium
3DS FC
1075-1816-9029

LoZ MM should be higher on that list.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That just goes to prove you're using Hector wrong
My Hector would have tanked, dodged AND critted all in one round
MY Hector wouldn't even need to dodge, just take the hit so the enemy realizes they ****ed up tremendously
Yeah, well my Hector works for Nintendo.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I just read that leaked Spider-Man plot, it's REALLY good, I would be happy if it's real.

...I would also be a little unhappy because I now know the plot of the movie a year in advance.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
I'm surprised there hasn't been any discussion about the recent One Minute Melee. The sequel to Bowser Jr. vs Mecha Sonic came out today, and man, it's worth watching.

Skip to 1:20 to avoid the ad

I was expecting Mecha Sonic to destroy Bowser here, so I was surprised to see Bowser won. I still wonder how do they determine winners though if they don't do research. Is it a coin flip, or do they just pick the character thanks to popularity.

Ah well, I'm happy Bowser got to avenge his son. Those final 30 seconds were pretty awesome to see, particularly the end when Bowser used the clawed gloves to reflect that energy ball back.
Hey, that's cool, that they didn't outright lie about the fight this time, seriously I was so annoyed that the Bowser Jr vs Metal Sonic wasn't a fight actually between Metal Sonic and Bowser Jr, and please just saying don't say well it was inspired by SMBZ, the title promised a fight between Bowser Jr and Metal Sonic, not the Mecha Sonic from SMBZ, also kindly don't try to say, well Mecha Sonic in SMBZ is Metal Sonic, because again the title did say Bowser Jr vs Metal Sonic, not Bowser Jr. vs Mecha Sonic(SNBZ).

Plus I find the SMBZ Mecha Sonic to be incredibly overrated.

The results of the pain

Lyn does not have many strategies. But why get new ones when "Dodge every single attack and crit constantly" works so well?

Heath and Louise are sitting at the bottom of the screen, perfectly fine as well :p

Wait, Lyn was actually dodging for you?!

That's impossible, dogewalls aren't supposed to keep dodging, that goes against everything my luck in FE has taught me....

The plot thickens.

Also, who's hype for Nintendo's new IP?

You sure that IP is owned by Nintendo? And they're not just pulling a favor for another indie or 3rd party company? Like Nintendo is doing for Level 5 with Youkai Watch.

See I just want to know, before we start the glorious campaign of having a Teddy Bear in Smash

Last edited:
Hey, that's cool, that they didn't outright lie about the fight this time, seriously I was so annoyed that the Bowser Jr vs Metal Sonic wasn't a fight actually between Metal Sonic and Bowser Jr, and please just saying don't say well it was inspired by SMBZ, the title promised a fight between Bowser Jr and Metal Sonic, not the Mecha Sonic from SMBZ, also kindly don't try to say, well Mecha Sonic in SMBZ is Metal Sonic, because again the title did say Bowser Jr vs Metal Sonic, not Bowser Jr. vs Mecha Sonic(SNBZ).

Plus I find the SMBZ Mecha Sonic to be incredibly overrated.

That's impossible, dogewalls aren't supposed to keep dodging, that goes against everything my luck in FE has taught me....

You sure that IP is owned by Nintendo? And they're not just pulling a favor for another indie or 3rd party company? Like Nintendo is doing for Level 5 with Youkai Watch.

See I just want to know, before we start the glorious campaign of having a Teddy Bear in Smash
Remember this is the run with a bad Hector. Strange things happen

And now I'm pretty sure i'm caught up . . . I think. Well except for Civil War I suppose. :p

I loved how sassy Ultron was.

I also loved Stan Lee getting to say Excelsior :D

Quicksilver and Scarlet were too awesome to properly be contained in one movie.

Thanos though :O

Although this Marvel mini-binge has made me question some things about a few arcs. . .
So i've pretty much written off House of M. As much as I want to see that, I doubt Fox would allow it. Even then, i'm not sure how the MCU could even get to that.

But for that to even happen, Disassembled would have to happen first. . . but the Civil War takes place AFTER that. Seems like they won't do that. I'm sure Cassie must be happy about that >_>
It also means no Ronin though :(

But now that I type about Cassie that I realize that kind of makes the Young Avengers story confusing as well. Vision, Hawkeye, and Cassie (and maybe wiccan?) all come into being as Young Avengers because of Dissasembeled if I remember correctly. So for Young Avengers to exist there would need to be more retconning >_>

TLDR Local Witch ruins everything

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Gotta love the extremely one sided fights that Cartoon Fight Club makes.

Because Freddy Fazbear would stand a serious chance against Sans. :rolleyes:

And don't get me started on the DBZ vs Naruto or One Piece fights.
I refuse to watch the Sans and Papyrus VS Shrek and Donkey fight for how one-sided that would be. Like... why the ****. We all know Sans would beat the living hell out of those two.

:094:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
A classic Sonic game on mobile doesn't sound like a bad idea, but the controls would be a pain in the ***.
I don't find them bad honestly.

They're perfectly playable.

I've beaten Sonic 2 on my phone plenty of times. And that was before the remaster, when they had that bad iOS port that ran at 30FPS.

D

Deleted member

She can dodge... with the Manni Katti or an Iron Sword
Because Con
Seriously, whoever thought Con was a good idea? Lyn and Eliwood both get slowed down by their own personal ****ing swords

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Wait. . .I just realized. . .

If the next handheld has a separate codename, they might be working on a full-fledged Smash in some capacity after all, as they would likely want it positioned to release on both systems again.

Of course, said Smash wouldn't be a launch title for the NX, as the MH would clearly be releasing well after that.

I DID have an idea at one point that they could simply kick off the hype train for the next Smash at or around the NX release and generate hype from that, though. I don't exactly expect them to, but depending on when the handheld is announced they could easily get away with taking E3 2017 with it if they really wanted to. Then that just leaves them free to stall for a couple of years while hyping up both the newly released NX and the unreleased MH with the mere promise of more Smashy goodness. . .

. . .Hypothetically.

Again, just a thought of something that seems like it would make a degree of sense for them to do if we ignore leaks, considering Nintendo rarely makes sense that probably means it would never happen.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I find it friggin' weird that games released ONLY in Japan are able to make it on a top list of sold 3DS games

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Remember this is the run with a bad Hector. Strange things happen

And now I'm pretty sure i'm caught up . . . I think. Well except for Civil War I suppose. :p

I loved how sassy Ultron was.

I also loved Stan Lee getting to say Excelsior :D

Quicksilver and Scarlet were too awesome to properly be contained in one movie.

Thanos though :O

Although this Marvel mini-binge has made me question some things about a few arcs. . .
So i've pretty much written off House of M. As much as I want to see that, I doubt Fox would allow it. Even then, i'm not sure how the MCU could even get to that.

But for that to even happen, Disassembled would have to happen first. . . but the Civil War takes place AFTER that. Seems like they won't do that. I'm sure Cassie must be happy about that >_>
It also means no Ronin though :(

But now that I type about Cassie that I realize that kind of makes the Young Avengers story confusing as well. Vision, Hawkeye, and Cassie (and maybe wiccan?) all come into being as Young Avengers because of Dissasembeled if I remember correctly. So for Young Avengers to exist there would need to be more retconning >_>

TLDR Local Witch ruins everything
Yeah, House of M literally can't happen, sadly. Mainly because with Fox owning the Mutants down to the word Mutant, it wouldn't make sense. They can't even do "No More Inhumans" or something similar since it'd lose all weight with the fact that Wanda's not an Inhuman.

In theory they could do Disassembled down the line/whenever Bettany/Renner/Rudd's contracts are expiring. Someone also pointed out that if they do Young Avengers in like, Late Phase 4 or later, the actress who played Cassie would actually be old enough to play Stature. :p

But yeah, the closest we'll get to House of M is the fact that Elizabeth Olsen said "No More Mutants" when doing an interview explaining the origins of Scarlet Witch. :p Though I do hope she gets her own movie sometime down the line. Either a duo ilm with Vision or a movie based on her currently ongoing solo run in the comics, which is incredibly underrated. :laugh:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The plot thickens.

Also, who's hype for Nintendo's new IP?

Aw, I was looking forward to the Monster Hunter Console.

And Teddy For Smash,but not that Teddy, this Teddy:

And

http://nintendoeverything.com/two-new-super-mario-maker-costumes-leaked/

Although these are somewhat obvious, still great to have though.

I'm surprised how long it took for these two to get costumes.

I guess that's what happens when you get an amiibo

Still waiting on Cloud

Yeah, House of M literally can't happen, sadly. Mainly because with Fox owning the Mutants down to the word Mutant, it wouldn't make sense. They can't even do "No More Inhumans" or something similar since it'd lose all weight with the fact that Wanda's not an Inhuman.

In theory they could do Disassembled down the line/whenever Bettany/Renner/Rudd's contracts are expiring. Someone also pointed out that if they do Young Avengers in like, Late Phase 4 or later, the actress who played Cassie would actually be old enough to play Stature. :p

But yeah, the closest we'll get to House of M is the fact that Elizabeth Olsen said "No More Mutants" when doing an interview explaining the origins of Scarlet Witch. :p Though I do hope she gets her own movie sometime down the line. Either a duo ilm with Vision or a movie based on her currently ongoing solo run in the comics, which is incredibly underrated. :laugh:
Gonna be honest. I was hoping you had some crazy theory up your sleeves that would make it all possible and would only make sense if you were paying a lot of attention to everything. Oh well. My House of M will never be built it seems.

I'm just hoping taht one leak that means that 1 team (YA) existing comes to fruition. That is probably what excites me more than any other possibility that isn't Mutant related.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Still waiting on Cloud

Gonna be honest. I was hoping you had some crazy theory up your sleeves that would make it all possible and would only make sense if you were paying a lot of attention to everything. Oh well. My House of M will never be built it seems.

I'm just hoping taht one leak that means that 1 team (YA) existing comes to fruition. That is probably what excites me more than any other possibility that isn't Mutant related.
To be honest that one leak is kind of falling apart with the announcement that Keaton is joining the Homecoming cast. The leak mentioned that they'd given up on him, IIRC. That being said, I still wouldn't be surprised if they were still doing Young Avengers somewhere down the line.

Burruni

Smash Hero

Still waiting on Cloud

Yo I'm gonna be upset when they aren't costumes for Inkling in Smash 5 so much more now.

Soul.

Eyyy new thread hype.

The whole MH thing is supposed to be speculation, so even though it's not real they're still obviously going to work on a new handheld. And the name is funny, too. Monster Hunter already confirmed.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I find it friggin' weird that games released ONLY in Japan are able to make it on a top list of sold 3DS games
You mean the "Pokemon Killer?"

I'm not entirely sure what happened there either, but if all the Japanese kids were really calling it that then I guess it had some kind of mass appeal over there strong enough to create those kinds of sales.

I'm guessing Japan was getting tired of the same things the west does with Pokemon and just went to look for greener pastures. It might not have gone over well overseas because what the rest of the world looks for in a monster capturing game and what Japan does is entirely different when it comes to the actual setting and monsters.

Maybe a game where you catch the Statue of Liberty and three headed eagles that are made out of flags and shoot fireworks would be more popular in the U.S. Or a game with cyborg velociraptors and soldiers physically made out of guns. And something that has a western artstyle and an M rating tacked onto it.

Last edited:
So Amazon is listing Paper Mario: Color Splash as a "Standard Edition"

I'm scared what that could mean.

I'm just going to pretend all games are labelled "standard edition" no matter what. Nintendo wouldn't be crazy enough to have special editions for a Wii U game for a sequel to a game people hate right?

Who are we kidding this is Nintendo.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I have from good authority (my Aunt Hilda Romero Conseula Francine Marcel Bonita Ramirez, nee Gonzles, who works at Nintendo) that Paper Mario: Color Splash has a special edition that literally punches you in the face for buying it.

Amazing how far games have come these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom