• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo's Press site user and pass (lots of hi-res Smash goodies)

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
This is super awesome. I'm a sucker for having artwork in as high res as possible, so I'm really loving this.

Thank you so much for sharing!

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
I wish it had full resolution images of all those other bonus shots on the official site, such as the Online Mode and Smash Run sections.

This is pure tease.

I must ask why 1920x1080 Wii U version shots are so taboo for us to see for Nintendo. Instead, we get watermarked images at resolutions of 688×387 on the official Smash Brothers website, and 800x450 on Miiverse. The exception is images at the daily.jpg url on the front page, which is still stupidly resized down to 864x486. You just know there's possibly hundreds of the highest quality screens hidden from us behind the screens. Some images have been available at 1920x1080 as far back as last August when Luigi was revealed.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225

R0Y

Smash Master
You guys were probably expecting more security, weren't you? ;)

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
i thank you so much for this sooo much info

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Are we even supposed to access this? lol

Anyway, this looks amazing, but look at the size of those .zip files!

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Here's an imgur album with the Smash art that was in the zip.

It includes box art and character art. The character art here is in much higher resolution than the versions on the actual Smash Bros site are. Make sure you click the gear icon on each image for the "view full resolution" option!

The zip also came with a version of the box artwork that didn't have the casing, but that refused to upload for whatever reason. Sorry about that!

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Here's an imgur album with the Smash art that was in the zip.

It includes box art and character art. The character art here is in much higher resolution than the versions on the actual Smash Bros site are. Make sure you click the gear icon on each image for the "view full resolution" option!

The zip also came with a version of the box artwork that didn't have the casing, but that refused to upload for whatever reason. Sorry about that!
I also made an album on imgur, but I got it to upload that one piece of art. It was giving me pains to upload too, which was strange. I also included some pics you missed.

http://imgur.com/a/cnpAC

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I wish it had full resolution images of all those other bonus shots on the official site, such as the Online Mode and Smash Run sections.

This is pure tease.

I must ask why 1920x1080 Wii U version shots are so taboo for us to see for Nintendo. Instead, we get watermarked images at resolutions of 688×387 on the official Smash Brothers website, and 800x450 on Miiverse. The exception is images at the daily.jpg url on the front page, which is still stupidly resized down to 864x486. You just know there's possibly hundreds of the highest quality screens hidden from us behind the screens. Some images have been available at 1920x1080 as far back as last August when Luigi was revealed.
Perhaps Miiverse just can't handle the awesomeness of the .png image format, which is quite sad when Miiverse is your only way to upload your own Wii U screenshots. Interestingly, you can easily take high quality Wii screenshots all by yourself with the Dolphin Emulator.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Thank you! That's really helpful.
no problem. I managed to upload that one pic by changing it from a png to a jpg, so it may not be as high quality as the original.

Also, that shot of mario in edit mode is really interesting. Improved meteor smash? Crits? powershields that explode?

crazy

Last edited:

Nstinct

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3626-0477-8909
You can actually see the leather detail on Mario's shoes lol. Nintendo should've released this, the detail is sooo beautiful it's needs to be admired.

Defile

Smash Apprentice
This is beyond awesome, thank you for sharing this. I just made the screenshot of Hyrule Field my new background.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Turns out they use the same username and password every year.
Ya just gotta change the password depending on what year it is.
E32011,E32012, etc...
so I guess its not as big of a secret as I thought. Damn these images are beautiful though. Someone tell ZeldaUniverse.net about these hd pics of the new Zelda game. They'll flip their sh#@ over this.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
This link makes my browser crash. I guess I'm not allowed to see the High Res pics :(
That's odd, I just tried accessing it from my work computer, not logged int imgur (I uploaded it from home) and it works fine. I have to assume it's something on your end causing the problem, the link worked for everyone else on this thread (I assume)

mkwLM

Smash Rookie
That's odd, I just tried accessing it from my work computer, not logged int imgur (I uploaded it from home) and it works fine. I have to assume it's something on your end causing the problem, the link worked for everyone else on this thread (I assume)
My browser crashed too, as a matter of fact.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Well, it might be the fact that it's a bunch of high resolution pics all trying to be loaded at once. Maybe it's too much for your browsers.

Which browsers are you guys using? (I've accessed it successfully in both chrome and firefox)

nessokman

Smash Lord
456 mb......Freaking crap! FUUUUUUUU-

It appears they have starfox pics.

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
For anyone concerned, I'm fairly certain it's not illegal to guess, or to be leaked and then use a password in a non-harrassingly to download admittedly copyrighted, but exclusively advertising files from a site meant for that very purpose, just for the press. Nintendo would have simply needed to change the password, as it stands now we're not authorized to view them images, but we're not breaking any laws, and if Nintendo really wanted us out, they'd probably change the password. I mean, this same thing happened last E3.

The Starfox pics are somewhat bland, sadly. There is the one pic of Miyamoto playing it, the logo, and then screenshots of Starfox 64 and the original one.
Nintendo says they're still looking for a development partner for Star Fox U so I'm not surprised. I imagine some people figured it was further in development.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Sorry, I'm not sure how I can help then. I'd have to know more/probably be there to diagnose that problem better. It's ironic because I'm currently at work in an IT department (albeit for different purposes)
Yeah I'm using Chrome as well. It might be my computer if anything but I managed to download the .zip file anyways. It's all good.

Top Bottom