• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo's Own Demon-Fighting Duo! Donbe & Hikari for SSB4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marakatu

Smash Ace
Hey, does anybody have any alternate colors for Donbe and Hikari? I would like to see them.
I think they should have colors based on other text-based games.

Famicom Tantei Club:

Yuyuki:

Time Twist:

Famicom Bunko: Hajimari no Mori (this should totally happen):
I would recolor them, but I'm no good at that.

Last edited:

Souldin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Souldin
3DS FC
4854-6557-6769
As a big fan of the idea of Hikari and Donbe for Super Smash Bros, being as they are my 6th most wanted characters for the game), I felt it'd be a good thing to notify other supporters of a recent thread and poll which concerns the duo.

http://smashboards.com/threads/if-ssb4-had-room-for-one-more-forgotten-nintendo-character.362808/

The above Smashboards thread has a poll in which Hikari & Donbe are both featured. So if you want to go vote for them, please feel free to do so.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
With Lip (arguably), Takamaru and Sablé Prince all disconfirmed, the only retro characters I could see myself wanting to have in Smash are Duck Hunt Dog, Donbe and/or Hikari and maybe Muddy Mole. Of course, there is always the possibility of Smash 4 not featuring a ~dead~ retro character, but there is still hope. So yeah, I want to be a supporter! Please.

Last edited:

Shaking//very

Smash Apprentice
fun thing is, while i always wanted takamaru the most as retro rep, donbe was my second most wanted retro rep. and during brawl even my first.

i would love it if he was a light weighted character that fought with his stick or something. i don't really care much for teenage donbe though, kid donbe is much more ''iconic''. i can't think quickly of a moveset for him too cause i haven't seen anything from shin onigashima in a long time, but i think they would make it work with maybe something crazy from the text adventure mechanic

while i doubt we're getting a retro rep this time around ( while we're and more retro support reps for assist )
if we do happen to get one, it beter be donbe

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I would prefer Hikari to be playable over Donbe, if we can get only one. I like her design much better.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Maybe they'll be ATs at least. I hope they're still going to be playable though. I can picture them fighting like the Ice Climbers, with both having completely different moves. Donbe focusing on physical attacks and Hikari focusing on "mental" attacks.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Currently dicussing Donbe (and Hikari) in the clone engine thread. Some opinions would be nice!
http://smashboards.com/threads/clon...ting-more-votes.341479/page-454#post-17242721
Wow! I didn't know Donbe (and Hikari:chuckle:) are eligible for the Clone Engine! I hope they're playable for SSB4! To elaborate on my post from earlier, what I meant about Hikari having "mental" attacks, was that she could have healing powers for herself and Donbe when they are fighting and can use psychic attacks like Mewtwo's Confusion and Disable.

Marakatu

Smash Ace
Wow! I didn't know Donbe (and Hikari:chuckle:) are eligible for the Clone Engine! I hope they're playable for SSB4! To elaborate on my post from earlier, what I meant about Hikari having "mental" attacks, was that she could have healing powers for herself and Donbe when they are fighting and can use psychic attacks like Mewtwo's Confusion and Disable.
I was told that Hikari is not eligible, because she didn't appear in Brawl. But everybody liked the idea of Donbe, he got a lot votes.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I was told that Hikari is not eligible, because she didn't appear in Brawl. But everybody liked the idea of Donbe, he got a lot votes.
Aw, man! I hope they still make Hikari!:sadeyes: (alongside Donbe, of course. I don't care whether or not they're separate fighters or a two-in-one fighter like the Ice Climbers, I just want them in any Smash game, as long as they're playable.) Still, just cause she didn't show up in Brawl, doesn't mean she should be thrown to the wayside like that. I mean Donbe showed up in Brawl as a STICKER. At least Donbe AND Hikari showed up in Melee as a two-in-one TROPHY. That means a full 3-D model for them, while Donbe only showed up as a sticker in Brawl. I personally just don't see Donbe being that more important than Hikari. I imagine them to have the same amount of importance as each other. (Considering their game STARS them as the main characters.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom