• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo's First Samurai: Takamaru for SSB4 (Final Request: Ask the US HW devs to add Takamaru)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Can I still support Takamaru getting in even if he's de-confirmed? I support him getting into Smash 6.
I'm afraid that can't happen, especially since these topics will be taken down in 2-3 weeks from now. If you truly want to support him for the next Smash, you'll just have to stop by a new topic in the next 4-5 years once the speculation scene is revived. I do still thank you for your support however. ;)

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561
I'm afraid that can't happen, especially since these topics will be taken down in 2-3 weeks from now. If you truly want to support him for the next Smash, you'll just have to stop by a new topic in the next 4-5 years once the speculation scene is revived. I do still thank you for your support however. ;)
Oh, alrighty.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
In these snippets we can see Takamaru in the AT section with what looks to be his "official art render" for Smash:

http://www.inside-games.jp/article/img/2014/09/05/80255/509132.html
http://www.inside-games.jp/article/img/2014/09/05/80255/509133.html

They're a bit blurry though but at least we get the idea hehe, can't wait for better resolution ones, maybe added to the official site at some point.
Love it, makes me wish they actually started to have official renders for the Assist Trophies on the main website instead of just the screenshots. Even though I can't really see it, the render itself basically replicates his pose from the original Nazo no Murasame-Jo manual/boxart.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Last edited:

Chauzu

Smash Ace
Just thought I would say farewell to this thread (again...) with my views on Takamaru's chance to make it into Smash 5.

And, considering Sakurai is still in charge, I would put it at 75% chance.

I think Sakurai wanted to add Takamaru already. But he added Robin and Shulk and after that, another swords wielding newcomer had been a bit much. Come Smash 5, Takamaru will be one of few new swordsmen available (with new FE / Xenoblade rep and Isaac). Instead Takamaru makes it in as an assist trophy which will help making him more well known in the west ahead of Smash 5.

The biggest point though is that Takamaru would rep a new series. One that isnt in Smash 4. And a very retro one at that. There arent that many like that left.

Well on mobile so stopping now lol but just my 5 cents.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
I want to believe that Takamaru, Inkling, and the Wonderful Ones are fast tracked to a playable appearance after reactions to this game's content.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Just thought I would say farewell to this thread (again...) with my views on Takamaru's chance to make it into Smash 5.

And, considering Sakurai is still in charge, I would put it at 75% chance.

I think Sakurai wanted to add Takamaru already. But he added Robin and Shulk and after that, another swords wielding newcomer had been a bit much. Come Smash 5, Takamaru will be one of few new swordsmen available (with new FE / Xenoblade rep and Isaac). Instead Takamaru makes it in as an assist trophy which will help making him more well known in the west ahead of Smash 5.

The biggest point though is that Takamaru would rep a new series. One that isnt in Smash 4. And a very retro one at that. There arent that many like that left.

Well on mobile so stopping now lol but just my 5 cents.
I'll just add a few points to you post. There's also the fact that he didn't want to add too many region-exclusive characters (which could explain hat happened to Lucas). With with him finally being international with the release of The Mysterious Murasame Castle in all Western areas, he should have no problem not appearing in the net Smash game. Then there's the fact that Duck Hunt Dog and possibly Mach Rider (if the later part isn't fake) would represent the biggest Western retros and would cause Sakurai to gravitate towards the East for more retro reps with them out of the way.

Other than that I agree with mostly everything you've aid and I hope that we'll all meet again in 5-6 years from now to start hyping him up again. :)

Marakatu

Smash Ace
I see.... how many did he have LAST time you checked?
I just found a website that hunts old tweets.
http://topsy.com/s?q=鷹丸 @zelda_musou&window=a&sort=date
http://topsy.com/s?q=takamaru @zelda_musou&window=a&sort=date
I see that 17 people voted for Takamaru.
Sure, billions of people voted for Tingle and Groose, but this is not just about numbers (or else Ridley would be playable in Sm4sh). Takamaru would fit the game and would be really easy to make, since he appeared in a Warriors game before. We just need Koei Tecmo to see that there are people who want to play as Taka.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I just found a website that hunts old tweets.
http://topsy.com/s?q=鷹丸 @zelda_musou&window=a&sort=date
http://topsy.com/s?q=takamaru @zelda_musou&window=a&sort=date
I see that 17 people voted for Takamaru.
Sure, billions of people voted for Tingle and Groose, but this is not just about numbers (or else Ridley would be playable in Sm4sh). Takamaru would fit the game and would be really easy to make, since he appeared in a Warriors game before. We just need Koei Tecmo to see that there are people who want to play as Taka.
That's right, I'm pretty sure that they'll know who we're talking about once they see his name pop up. That alone should let TK know that he's the only good option of a guest character that fits in with the other Zelda characters.

Marakatu

Smash Ace
Well, this thread is gonna be closed in a few hours. Any last words?
I want to say that, with the full roster revealed, I'll probably get bored and leave the forums in the next few days. But I'll still watch the E3 every year. I'll watch it every year waiting for THAT time. And, when that time comes, I'll come back. I expect to see all of you and then some. Until that time, please keep supporting Takamaru in every way you can. Let's not let Nintendo forget that Takamaru has fans. Let's not let that wave of cameos and references disappear.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
I never got around to this thread until after he was disconfirmed, but here's hoping that Takamaru's fortunes take an upward turn between now and the next Smash Bros. game. I'd like to see him get a new game eventually (and I certainly wouldn't be against him making an appearance in Hyrule Warriors in some way).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
This is not surprising, but Takamaru was confirmed to attack with his sword too.

"H-he has absolutely no problem fitting in!"
Takamaru for Smash 5 confirmed :troll:

As for my final words, I'll make these as heartfelt as possible. It wasn't until after Brawl's release when Nintendo started to give Murasame Castle the love it had deserved many years ago. Being a guest star in Samurai Warriors 3, having a supporting role in Captain Rainbow, being referenced in WarioWare for the first time in history, and having a minigame based on the franchise in the Wii U title Nintendo Land. Many of us had thought that these were signs that Sakurai could have taken note of and considered that he would be a great aadditionin Smash. That was, until he had a lesser and more understandable role as an Assist Trophy this time around. But the bright side is that his game is no longer Japanese exclusive and many Westerners were able to enjoy a long forgotten classic on their own 3DS handhelds. That could at least give Nintendo more time to consider what else they could do with the series in the near future and we can all hope that the samurai would have his chance to shine brighter. Here's to Takamaru having a better future in Nintendo's hands, a possible revival for the series by a skilled enveloper, and to be a newcomer in Sakurai's next installment of Super Smash Bros. on future platforms. Arigato!

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Right now, Takamaru and Sable seem to be the top retro candidates to take over Mac's (and Excitebiker's) spot as an AT, I think they are the two biggest contenders now for a revival.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
My last words on this thread...
I love you guys, see you all next game.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Guys! On Gema Yue's stream, he was playing music. There's a Nazo No Murasamejou arrangement! It's the basic overworld theme, but it's a new arrangement. It sounded very European.

I'm pleased with this. Very much so.

Staarih

Smash Master
The streamer just went through some of the music in Smash 3DS and there's a Nazo no Murasame Jo song, the main theme!

EDIT: Ninja'd, haha!

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Guys! On Gema Yue's stream, he was playing music. There's a Nazo No Murasamejou arrangement! It's the basic overworld theme, but it's a new arrangement. It sounded very European.

I'm pleased with this. Very much so.
Nice find, I'll probably dig it up when I actually get Smash soon. At least Takamaru is having more representation instead of just an Assist Trophy.

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
Darn, I don't like that remix. Glad that they didn't just port over the famicom music again though.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Darn, I don't like that remix. Glad that they didn't just port over the famicom music again though.
I can see the issue, it sounds a little TOO jazzy by Japanese standards and doesn't really suit the game's original intentions. I might get over it once I listen to the full track myself next month and I'm still glad that the theme is actually remixed for once. I'm pretty sure that the Smash 5 rendition will usurp this one in the near future.

@ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 No we didn't, unless you know where to find it.

Last edited:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I didn't hear any recognizable music from KnTnwN and I'd consider myself pretty familiar with the soundtrack. Sorry.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Last edited:

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
A bunch of the images I used in this op vanished because the image host closed down it seems. Does anyone have a good image of NES Takamaru I can use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom