• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo's First Samurai: Takamaru for SSB4 (Final Request: Ask the US HW devs to add Takamaru)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Been playing a lot more MMC again recently. Forgot that I made it to castle 2 and now have to re-learn where all the item drops are. Game's still fun as hell though.

I also went back and switched up my Takamaru moveset to make him a stance character and play with his projectile implementation more. I'd really love to know what @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan thinks of this one.
After reviewing the entire moveset, I fully approve of it since he would feel exactly like how he was in The Mysterious Murasame Castle. Having him change his gameplay depending on whether it's sheathed or not not only makes him a more unique swordsman, but would give the player more tactical options in battle like the various projectiles. Combining the best of both movesets with this new stance playstyle can easily make him a perfect character for the competitive crowd. Great job, bksbestbwoy! ;)

Marakatu

Smash Ace
I just want to clear something up. Takamaru's hair is indeed blue.
This is his sticker in Brawl:

If that is not enough for you, you can see this awesome fangasm-inducing video of a guy playing the original game on an original Famicom Disk System.

So, if anybody tells you that Takamaru shouldn't be playable because he is a blue-haired swordsman, don't say Takamaru's hair isn't blue. Say that that's a ****ty argument and that person should be ashamed of himself.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Oh well that's awesome actually Marakatu. I liked the idea of him having black hair just to be further distinct from the swordsmen mold in Smash currently, but I'm not a hair racist either way. :p

After reviewing the entire moveset, I fully approve of it since he would feel exactly like how he was in The Mysterious Murasame Castle. Having him change his gameplay depending on whether it's sheathed or not not only makes him a more unique swordsman, but would give the player more tactical options in battle like the various projectiles. Combining the best of both movesets with this new stance playstyle can easily make him a perfect character for the competitive crowd. Great job, bksbestbwoy! ;)
Neat. Think I should replace the OG move set with the stance based set for the sake of P:M then? (Remember that a copy of the OG one is in this OP.)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Neat. Think I should replace the OG move set with the stance based set for the sake of P:M then? (Remember that a copy of the OG one is in this OP.)
Sure thing since it is miles better after all. I can't wait to see what the Project M team would do with it (That is, IF he received enough votes in the thread).

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I just want to clear something up. Takamaru's hair is indeed blue.
This is his sticker in Brawl:

If that is not enough for you, you can see this awesome fangasm-inducing video of a guy playing the original game on an original Famicom Disk System.

So, if anybody tells you that Takamaru shouldn't be playable because he is a blue-haired swordsman, don't say Takamaru's hair isn't blue. Say that that's a ****ty argument and that person should be ashamed of himself.
If anything, that's an argument for Takamaru, because blue hair is awesome and haters are just jealous.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If anything, that's an argument for Takamaru, because blue hair is awesome and haters are just jealous.
The Smash fanbase just amuses me so much because of their hatred of swordsmen and blue hair. That's why I'll be so glad once he winds up being playable in Smash 5 by the end of this decade. :troll:

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
The Smash fanbase just amuses me so much because of their hatred of swordsmen and blue hair. That's why I'll be so glad once he winds up being playable in Smash 5 by the end of this decade. :troll:
Those people have terrible taste in hair colour preferences.:troll:

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
It's already funny seeing people call Shulk a "bottom of the barrel character choice", say "Smash is too anime now", or belly ache because characters aren't popular enough/are too new/we have enough swordsmen already.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Those people have terrible taste in hair colour preferences.:troll:
True, everything must be blue since blue is the master race. All hail Happy Happiism! *does a salute with some Crazy Cultists*

It's already funny seeing people call Shulk a "bottom of the barrel character choice", say "Smash is too anime now", or belly ache because characters aren't popular enough/are too new/we have enough swordsmen already.
Which is so ironic since I see plenty of people whining about Ghirahim being an Assist Trophy and Isaac being absent. One guy on YouTube even said that fighting games are all about hand to hand combat and swordsmen make things unbalanced. It's like the poor fools never knew that games like Marvel vs Capcom and BlazBlue even exist. :troll:

Marakatu

Smash Ace

So, fellow Assist Trophy Isabelle will be a DLC character in Mario Kart 8.
You know what I mean, right?
Nintendo did not announce DLC content for Mario Kart 8 yet, but once it does, we must let it know that we want Takamaru... as a racer!
Contact Nintendo via their website. Send tweets to Nintendo of America, Europe and Japan. Let your friends know about this.
Sure, Taka is not as well-known as Kirby, Marth and Pikachu, but he's a first party character. His biggest rivals will be Samus, Pit, Fox and Olimar, probably.
Also @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan , you could share this information in your tumblr account once Nintendo announces DLC content for MK8. :)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

So, fellow Assist Trophy Isabelle will be a DLC character in Mario Kart 8.
You know what I mean, right?
Nintendo did not announce DLC content for Mario Kart 8 yet, but once it does, we must let it know that we want Takamaru... as a racer!
Contact Nintendo via their website. Send tweets to Nintendo of America, Europe and Japan. Let your friends know about this.
Sure, Taka is not as well-known as Kirby, Marth and Pikachu, but he's a first party character. His biggest rivals will be Samus, Pit, Fox and Olimar, probably.
Also @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan , you could share this information in your tumblr account once Nintendo announces DLC content for MK8. :)
Alright, I'll cover this by tomorrow since I do have planning to do in order to get this stuff right. While I may worry that he's not really that well known yet after localization, I don't see what's the harm in having him as a Mario Kart racer since his bro got in. This also proves that anyone can get in Mario Kart regarding whether they can fit in or not.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I suggested a few characters-

-Skull Kid
-Tingle
-Takamaru
-Pit
-Marth

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
That's right guys, give the samurai as much support as possible. I've already seen 20 people on Twitter so far actually voting for him and that's great for now.

Marakatu

Smash Ace
That's right guys, give the samurai as much support as possible. I've already seen 20 people on Twitter so far actually voting for him and that's great for now.
How can you see all the replies to that tweet? I can only see a few of then, and none mention Takamaru (except mine).

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
I sent a request for Takamaru. I guess twitter's just being selective about what tweets they show you.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
How can you see all the replies to that tweet? I can only see a few of then, and none mention Takamaru (except mine).
I've actually looked at several of the replies some time ago, though most of them were from my Tumblr followers based on what they've said on my page. Twitter shows you whatever they want.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Voted for Takamaru! I think he'd be a great fit, since he has ties to Zelda, and has already appeared in a Samurai Warriors game. Hopefully there's some synergy already in place for him there! If there a way to tweet pics at them? I don't use twitter often, but maybe it'd help to tweet his assist trophy pic, especially seeing as Link is right there in the background? XD

Marakatu

Smash Ace
Voted for Takamaru! I think he'd be a great fit, since he has ties to Zelda, and has already appeared in a Samurai Warriors game. Hopefully there's some synergy already in place for him there! If there a way to tweet pics at them? I don't use twitter often, but maybe it'd help to tweet his assist trophy pic, especially seeing as Link is right there in the background? XD
There's a way. When writing the tweet, there's a picture of a blue camera on the left of the "Tweet" button. Just click there and select the picture you want to send.

To you and everybody else who voted so far, thank you. Takamaru's chances get stronger with each vote.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm quite sure that they've already considered Takamaru for this game at some point, I voted for him regardless.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If he does make it in however, I wouldn't mind if they used the same template with a few tweaks like a few new specials and more weapons from MMC. His new design however would literally blow me away if it managed to be more on the anime side unlike his earlier design from Samurai Warriors 3. If he does manage to have a voice, it should be someone completely different than his old actor since it wasn't "energetic" enough.

Marakatu

Smash Ace
Fellow user @Hayzie did an amazing job in the removing the background of Takamaru's picture:

You know, it's really cool how you can see the details better when you remove the background. Takamaru's sleeves have a texture I hadn't noticed before.
Also, she made this cool gif:

You can see more of her work here: http://smashboards.com/threads/transparent-backgrounds-for-character-and-item-requests.364855/

And a remimder: if you are reading this, please consider asking Koei Tecmo to include Takamaru in Hyrule Warriors.
Just reply this tweet with this: 鷹丸
o/

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Fellow user @Hayzie did an amazing job in the removing the background of Takamaru's picture:

You know, it's really cool how you can see the details better when you remove the background. Takamaru's sleeves have a texture I hadn't noticed before.
Also, she made this cool gif:

You can see more of her work here: http://smashboards.com/threads/transparent-backgrounds-for-character-and-item-requests.364855/

And a remimder: if you are reading this, please consider asking Koei Tecmo to include Takamaru in Hyrule Warriors.
Just reply this tweet with this: 鷹丸
o/
Cool, I'll consider using that as my avatar soime time in the future and the GIF itself is cool (other than the glaring issues like the white outlines). Since was September 1, I wonder what the update for Hyrule Warriors was all about. Though, we should all keep our eyes peeled for the future DLC based on their requests.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
I'm going to wait and see if better shots of our guy can be obtained once I get ahold of the game. Something about that screen always felt off to me despite being the now current look for him.

Marakatu

Smash Ace
When Takamaru is added to the assist trophy section of the official website, we may get more pictures of him.
The fact that he's one of the few assist trophys to not get a second picture really bothers me.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad Takamaru got in as an assist and I'm glad Duck Hunt Dog got in to get us a retro. That is one of those games that really got left the hell behind but is remembered by most oldskoolers. A fine choice and I'm glad Sakurai kept his word, with some support I'm betting we will see Takamaru next time for sure.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm glad Takamaru got in as an assist and I'm glad Duck Hunt Dog got in to get us a retro. That is one of those games that really got left the hell behind but is remembered by most oldskoolers. A fine choice and I'm glad Sakurai kept his word, with some support I'm betting we will see Takamaru next time for sure.
Exactly, especially since he's no longer Japan only thanks to the international release of Nazo no Murasame-Jo (I did remember hearing that Sakurai didn't want to add too many characters with region exclusive releases). We should also keep our eyes on Nintendo too, we might get a reboot soon since they've been teasing this game's existence to the West for a while.

Last edited:

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561
Can I still support Takamaru getting in even if he's de-confirmed? I support him getting into Smash 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom