• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo's ace pilots take flight! Pilot Wings for SSB4! Final Flight Call! Get the votes in heroes!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I wonder: does anyone know when the anniversary to Pilotwings on SNES is? (In case Sakurai, on some off chance, does something special for the series.)
December 21 for Japan and August 23 for America. I would say the Western date would be our best bet the since the game had more popularity in the West anyway.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Oh, thank you for telling me. BTW, if no one minds me "promoting" myself here, but I made a trailer-story for a Pilotwings character (specifically Lark from Pilotwings 64) to be in SSB4 (similar to Rosalina/Little Mac's trailers.) one page back on this thread. Please tell me what you guys think, but please no seriously harsh comments, okay?

Say, could someone possibly show me the "true" features that make Lark and Nester one and the same, please? I hear it mostly attributes to their facial features and hairstyles, but I would feel more comfortable with maybe a side-by-side comparison of the two. Also, I hope no one minds if I post this, but:

Yeah, another roster featuring little Lark. (This time, he's the last person on the top row.)

Hey guys, I just wanted to ask, do you all think we should put a poll for what Pilotwings character we want to see in Smash 4 and what kind of reveal trailer do you all think they should have? (I already made one of my own a page or two back for Lark from Pilotwings 64.)

Last edited by a moderator:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Thank you very much, 8-peacock!:bee: I don't want to admit it, but I've been trying to keep this thread alive for the past week and a half, or so, and I won't lie, I have been doing quite a bit of constant posting just for that reason aloneEmbarrass, so it's nice to see someone still cares about Nintendo's ace pilots and all.:bee: BTW, I don't know if read my post just before this one, but I made my own "reveal trailer" for a Pilotwings character (specifically Lark from "64") and I've been hoping someone could read it and tell me what they think about it. But still, no totally negative comments, okay?:), Again, Thank you for simply posting something, anything for this thread and not making me feel like I'm the only person who cares about Lark, Kiwi, Goose, and the like anymore!

Say guys, before I forget, what moveset do you all think a Pilotwings character will have?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I've been seeing the mention of Lark and Goose recently. Which one is the best Pilotwings character? I'm not that familar with the series. Alot of people mention Goose alot when it comes to Pilotwings.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I would personally say Lark. I mean, I know this isn't much but he's shown in the middle of the official group artwork pic of Pilotwings 64. (as you can see above.) BTW, has anyone responded to my suggestions on what moveset a PW character can have?

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Pilotwings needs some representation! I think Mii would probably represent the series, with Wuhu Island and Mode 7 Island (my nickname for it) fused together.

But I'd be fine with Lark. Or even the generic pilot from the SNES game.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Say guys, when do you think a Pilotwings character rep would be announced for SSB4?

Hey everyone! Just felt like giving this thread a little bump. BTW, Goose (and possibly all Pilotwings characters in general.) and Dillon are being rated in The Uniqueness Tier List thread today!:bee: Also, just felt like playing myself some good ol' Pilotwings 64 right now, playing as my favorite character Lark, no less!:bee:

Hey guys, just wanted to ask you all, when do you all think a Pilotwings character (if we were to have a playable one, of course.) be revealed? On the 23rd anniversary of the original Pilotwings on Super Nintendo? The 18th anniversary of Pilotwings 64 on Nintendo 64? or the third anniversary of Pilotwings Resort on Nintendo 3DS? (BTW, I'm pretty sure Resort was released on my 13th birthday!)

D

Deleted member

You have a really bad habit of double and triple posting...

smashkirby

Smash Hero
You have a really bad habit of double and triple posting...
Oh man, I'm REALLY sorry about that, Golden:urg:, it's just that I really want a character from Pilotwings to be playable in Smash 4, and between you and me, I guess I've kind of noticed that this thread has not been getting any consistent replies for a while, now and I guess I was just kind of trying to keep it alive before it got so obscure, that it would be almost impossible to find on this forum, the double and triple posts, I'm REALLY sorry about that, too. I hope you can understand, I DEFINITELY don't want to sound desperate or lonely here, but I guess I was just hoping I could talk to some other Pilotwings supporters here, too. Honestly, I've noticed that thread has gotten kind quiet ever since late September (I know, I'm pretty late to the party and all.) But, I was just kind of hoping I could have a discussion with someone, or anyone about this series coming to Smash in an official way for the first time ever.:ohwell: I understand what you mean about my "bad habit", so I'll try to stop with that now. Thanks for telling me before it started to get out of hand. Also, do you think I'm being more of a Pilotwings fan than I'm letting on?

Just felt like giving this thread a little bump, Just cause I felt like it.:ohwell:

Hey, everyone. If no one minds, I just wanted to quickly say that the name of the Pilotwings stage has been revealed on Tuesday's direct! And it's name is(drum roll).......Pilot Wings. Yep, that's literally the name of the stage, but I guess I kind of figured they'd pull that on us. That being said, I also wanted to mention that the Pilotwings series is getting an ITEM from their games, the Rocket Belt. It looks pretty cool, so check it out when you get a chance.

Hey there, everyone. So, I'm sorry about the constant posts, but I wanted to ask if I could take the helm on the Pilotwings thread?

Just felt like giving the thread a quick bump, and I also wanted to ask, do you guys think a Pilotwings character will be seen at E3? And if there is, should it be Lark, the Golden Pilot, or someone else?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Just felt like giving the thread a quick bump, and I also wanted to ask, do you guys think a Pilotwings character will be seen at E3? And if there is, should it be Lark, the Golden Pilot, or someone else?
I think that despite Goose being on the cover of PW64, Lark is overall more iconic because of his striking rescemblance to Nester.
It all boils down to Sakurai wanting to represent Pilotwings internationally, or as a more western IP. If it's the former, I see Goose being in. If it's the latter, then definitely Lark.

Although there's also the slim chance that Nester (in a R.O.B. type way, since R.O.B. was a toy before a videogame character, Nester was a NINTENDO magazine character before a videogame character) himself could end up being playable, sporting moves from Nester's Funky Bowling AND Pilotwings as well.

And don't let my sig kid you. I love Lark way more than Goose, I just think Goose is likelier as a PW choice, just because he was important enough to be the 1st highlighted character in PW64's select screen, and being on the game cartidge's picture alone.

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
Deciding I'll be in on the action here.
Goose was the first Pilotwings character most people saw, mainly due to being on the cover for the game. Along with Super Mario 64, the game was the other launch title for one of Nintendo's most successful consoles. While Lark may have icon going for him, so does Goose
My question is what could they do for a move set?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Goose was the first Pilotwings character most people saw, mainly due to being on the cover for the game. Along with Super Mario 64, the game was the other launch title for one of Nintendo's most successful consoles. While Lark may have icon going for him, so does Goose
Well, in my moveset idea, I had him fighting sorta like a Gatchaman. :D

But he'd need to have the Bird-suit equipped.

He could flap the wings in his suit for slashes, and lots of kicking. Spinning around, stopming, diving, etc.
Also, if Sonic can summon a spring out of nowhere, so can Goose summon a cannon as means of recovery.
(Anyway, check out the first page, I made a moveset for him).

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Well, finally! We're getting a bit more steam on the Pilotwings thread! Still, I personally say Lark, partially because he's like my "main" in Pilotwings 64, and also because I can picture him in Smash better than any other PW character.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I think that despite Goose being on the cover of PW64, Lark is overall more iconic because of his striking rescemblance to Nester.
It all boils down to Sakurai wanting to represent Pilotwings internationally, or as a more western IP. If it's the former, I see Goose being in. If it's the latter, then definitely Lark.

Although there's also the slim chance that Nester (in a R.O.B. type way, since R.O.B. was a toy before a videogame character, Nester was a NINTENDO magazine character before a videogame character) himself could end up being playable, sporting moves from Nester's Funky Bowling AND Pilotwings as well.

And don't let my sig kid you. I love Lark way more than Goose, I just think Goose is likelier as a PW choice, just because he was important enough to be the 1st highlighted character in PW64's select screen, and being on the game cartidge's picture alone.
Are you sure? I'm not trying to disprove you or anything, but when I first got the game, Lark was the first character highlighted and also, I hope you don't mind me pointing this out, but Lark is almost always featured in the middle of the cast's official artwork and even in Pilotwings 64's title screen.

Well, in my moveset idea, I had him fighting sorta like a Gatchaman. :D

But he'd need to have the Bird-suit equipped.

He could flap the wings in his suit for slashes, and lots of kicking. Spinning around, stopming, diving, etc.
Also, if Sonic can summon a spring out of nowhere, so can Goose summon a cannon as means of recovery.
(Anyway, check out the first page, I made a moveset for him).
The Pilotwings characters always seemed to me like fighters who can get much better fighting capabilities in the air than the ground. If anything I've kind of pictured them as the opposite of Little Mac, who is bad when in the air, but can tear up on the ground.

About time somebody made a PIlotwings thread. :D

I would say the most likely one would be Goose, as he at least was the apparently main character in PW64 (he's the one in the cover art, and the character who is highlighted on the Character Select Screen by default)

Alright, moveset time!

FOR GOOSE mainly (or any other Pilotwings character)

(this is Hooter, btw, it's just that there aren't any proper images about PW characters with wings... so this will do)

Goose would be ALL about recovery over agressiveness.
His playstyle is not a powerhouse-type character. And he's as light as Luigi.
His attack style is about gimping opponents. Getting them off the stage, and destroying them there.
His only fierce attacks are pretty slow.

NORMALS
A: Kick, kick, kick
Atilt: Double jump kick
Adown: Sweep kick
Aup: Flip (flash) kick

JUMPS:
Multiple Jump: 3 jumps (flaps bird-like wings)
Glide: Yes, either uses a glider, or the bird wings, and kicks at the end of the glide.

SMASH ATTACKS
Fsmash: Double winged flap smash (This flap attack is fairlly powerful, and has WIND properties)
Usmash: Uppercut slicers (Wings slash opponents consecutively. Damage racker)
Dsmash: Double winged ground sweep (similar to Peach's Dsmash, except it hits AWAY)

AERIALS
Nair: Bird spin
Dair: Double stomp (spikes with both boots)
Uair: Flap headbutt (with a big flap of wings, Goose hits with the head, gains a little distance upward, but falls twice the distance risen)
Fair: Wing slice (vertical) ((slow, but great hitbox))
Bair: Wing slice (horizontal) ((fast, but slim hitbox))

OTHER
Dash Attack: Wing dance (Goose spins around with his bird wings slicing as he advances)
Grab: Grabs with hand, knees in the gut to attack
Grab UP: Flies up and slams opponent back down, like Seismic Toss
Grab DOWN: Tosses opponent on floor, and performs a series of multi kicks.
Grab SIDES: Kicks away.

SPECIALS
B: Rocket Belt
>This move works as a recovery (similar to ROB's Brawl up+special), but the thrusters burn opponents behind or below you.

Bup: Cannon Shot
>Goose gets inside a big cannon, and as long as you hold UP+B the cannon will increase the angle at where it's aiming. (Starting at 30°, finishing at 90°) Goose ramming into opponents after being fired damages them.

Bdown: Parachute
>This move would work like Game & Watch's Nair in Melee, and would also grant you super slow falling like Peach's Up+B. This move however does NOT give you extra altitude, but is great for covering long horizontal distances while falling. (Only damages the second it opens)

Btilt: Penguin dive
>Goose lets go of a Penguin which the player can control its free fall angle drop, until Btilt is pressed again. The Penguin can be struck away like the Waddle Dees. Upon landing on the ground, the penguins will just walk around and do nothing, before disappearing. Sometimes they might steal an item.

FINAL SMASH: Apache raid (Goose jumps into an Apache helicopter and he can start shooting at characters. It's kind of like an air-only Landmaster that can't squash opponents)

Inspired the moveset mostly on how birds attack... and a bit of
My goodness............THIS IS ONE OF (if not the only) THE BEST MOVESETS FOR A PILOTWINGS CHARACTER I HAVE EVER SEEN! But do you think the final smash should be a Gyro-copter?, How exactly does the Penguin Dive work? , and you said this was pertaining to all Pilotwings characters, right? Overall, you should send this moveset to Sakurai! I'm sure he'd appreciate this, and it would give Smash 4 some Pilotwings 64 love!

You know, I should ask this now: do you guys think a Pilotwings character should be a starter character or unlockable?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Oh gosh, I could be wrong. XD I haven't played it much because I don't think it's on the VC yet.
But sure, I'll definitely take your word for it. :D

Sorry, my mistake. It seems Lark is the more popular character then. Makes sense since he's in the middle of the title screen.

---

And Starter vs Unlockable.
I say starter because we already know of the Pilotwings stage. :)

---

As for the moveset, THANKS :D

The Penguin dive consists of the Pilot tossing a penguin forward. The penguin on contact with the ground will slide forward (like Piplup) and tackle opponents in the way. They can be knocked out, but if they hit the opponent, they'll keep going until they fall out of the stage.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
What it was somewhat like Snake: Play the Pilotwings stage enough and BAM! Lark
Wow, that could actually work! Especially since (and believe you me, I REEAALLY hate to admit this.:sadeyes:) it looks like Pilotwings 64 might not get an island to represent it in Pilot Wings (the stage):cry:, so playing on the stage would really surprise everyone with a character from 64!

Oh gosh, I could be wrong. XD I haven't played it much because I don't think it's on the VC yet.
But sure, I'll definitely take your word for it. :D

Sorry, my mistake. It seems Lark is the more popular character then. Makes sense since he's in the middle of the title screen.

---

And Starter vs Unlockable.
I say starter because we already know of the Pilotwings stage. :)

---

As for the moveset, THANKS :D

The Penguin dive consists of the Pilot tossing a penguin forward. The penguin on contact with the ground will slide forward (like Piplup) and tackle opponents in the way. They can be knocked out, but if they hit the opponent, they'll keep going until they fall out of the stage.
If you guys don't mind me posting this, but I'm feeling so hyped for a Pilotwings character right now, that I made a reveal trailer for Lark a while back, so please if you all have the time, could you read this and tell me what you all think!

The trailer itself would begin with the usual flaming Smash symbol as for any other newcomer, and the camera would begin to show us a sunny, clear blue sky shining over a pristine, shimmering ocean, the camera would then switch to the island of Lesson 3 as seen in Pilot Wings for SNES and the red biplane circling over it. After that the camera would zoom out from the island and then show us Wuhu Island from Pilot Wings Resort/Wii Sports (Resort) with the yellow airplane circling over that island. Then, we would see the camera panning over to a small island far off in the distance with what looks like 3 people flying over and around the island. Zoom in a lot closer, and we see Mario (I haven't decided whether he should use his Wing Cap from Super Mario 64 or one of his other power-ups to help him fly), Kirby (on his Warp Star), and Pit, all simply enjoying a flight above Holiday Island from Pilot Wings 64, looking quite relaxed. However, the sky turns somewhat stormy, with the camera showing us something massive which seems to look like it is watching the Smashers from under the sea, and it appears to be none other than Mecha-Hawk (from 64) who later emerges from the sea and begins going on a rampage, attacking our heroes, who decide to fight back, but their attacks aren't having any effect on him, and Mecha-Hawk begins to head in for the final strike, but something seems to strike the large mechanic monstrosity from the sky, with the camera pointing straight up, we see a silhouette of what appears to be someone in a Gyro-copter shooting at Mecha-Hawk with large missiles, all while yelling, "YAHOO!" (get an idea of who it is yet?) the attack on the cyborg continues with these weapons until he is completely damaged and falls apart, broken down into pieces. The person flying the copter is later seen landing it onto a nearby runway, at Mario, Kirby, and Pit all land on the ground as well and try to meet up with the person who saved them and Holiday Island. The Smashers find the mystery hero who then turns around to face the others and notice the pilot hero to look about a few feet shorter than Pit (if not smaller, not looking not be much older than 13-16 years of age.) The young boy then gives a thumbs-up to Mario and the others with the usual "newcomer text" showing up next to the boy, reading something along the lines of, "Lark Flies Into Battle!" (If anyone has anything better, please feel free to comment and tell me.) We then see gameplay of Lark's playstyle, which ends with the "Super Smash Bros for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS" logo and then cuts to him flying alongside the other veterans Smashers with his Gyro-copter and flying off into the distance with them as the trailer ends. (BTW, the music that plays is a medley of various Pilot Wings music from all 3 games in the series, unless if someone has a better idea, then I'm all ears for it.) So that's my take on a Pilot Wings character (specifically Lark) being added to Sm4sh, I know it's a bit lengthy so please bear with me on this, all right?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
That was pretty cool. I didn't know there was a Mecha-hawk in that game. :(
Then again, I'm just finding out how little I played it. XD

But the sequence sounds pretty cool! The whole buildup was great. Wonder if you've thought of a moveset for him.
I was extremely tempted to sneak in a 2nd character reveal in there :D at the very end of the trailer when the planes continue flying until they reach Crescent Island.
GG
I wonder how much in common Lark's personality has with Nester's. (Heck, it would be awesome if Lark was his name and Nester his last name confirming they're both one and the same). But Nester was a prankster. So it would've been cool to have him play a prank on one of the characters.

Anyway, very nice! As for the ENTERS BATTLE text...:

Lark:
-Swoops in to battle
-Takes off to battle
-Lands in to battle
-Pulls up to battle (if in the trailer he barely recovers from a fall before entering the mugshot screen).
-Takes flight
-Lifts off
-Dives in (if he makes a parachute entrance... and it doesn't open, lol)
-Glides in

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
What would Lark's trailer be like?

Charizard is flying around in the air, along with Olimar and Winged Pikmin, and Pit. Suddenly, we see 2 feet rushing off a runway. The 3 continue their flight, 3 Red streaks appear as a shadow strikes them from the air and sends them to the ground.
"Perfect Landing"
Lark Glides In!
Cue generic gameplay.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
You know, I just realized something. Do you guys think Pilot Wings will be available at E3?

But the sequence sounds pretty cool! The whole buildup was great. Wonder if you've thought of a moveset for him.
I was extremely tempted to sneak in a 2nd character reveal in there :D at the very end of the trailer when the planes continue flying until they reach Crescent Island.
GG
I wonder how much in common Lark's personality has with Nester's. (Heck, it would be awesome if Lark was his name and Nester his last name confirming they're both one and the same). But Nester was a prankster. So it would've been cool to have him play a prank on one of the characters.

Lark:
-Swoops in to battle
-Takes off to battle
-Lands in to battle
-Pulls up to battle (if in the trailer he barely recovers from a fall before entering the mugshot screen).
-Takes flight
-Lifts off
-Glides in
Wow! Thank you! You know, I have to say I've never seen anyone be so into Pilotwings and I'm just glad I'm not alone in the hype for this series!:chuckle:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Guys! Looks like we got some gameplay on Pilot Wings! CHECK IT OUT! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnvZPtNwO0I

GG

Lark:
-Swoops in to battle
-Takes off to battle
-Lands in to battle
-Takes flight
-Lifts off
-Glides in

Hey there, guys. So I just wanted to bring this up, but the Miis that were playable in Pilotwings Resort are background features in the Wuhu Island portion of Pilot Wings (the stage) So what do you guys think this means for Lark and the rest of the cast of Pilotwings 64
and the Golden Pilot of Pilotwings for the SNES? Will they actually be playable after all? (I CERTAINLY HOPE SO!)

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Miis also appear in Find Mii...
A-Anyway, It think that means better representation than Trophies...
Good point, but don't forget, Pilotwings actually HAS unique characters they could use rep the series that are NOT Miis. Take Lark for example.:D

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Hmm. When I noticed those Miis, something in the back of my brain asociated them with something good, but I don't know what.

Perhaps this was it. But then again, Wuhu Island is mostly a place for Miis. Wether through PWR, WF+, or WSR.

Anyway, since Mii Fighters have absolutely NO Pilotwings inspired moves, this speaks well for a Pilotwings character.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Warning Received
Hmm. When I noticed those Miis, something in the back of my brain asociated them with something good, but I don't know what.

Perhaps this was it. But then again, Wuhu Island is mostly a place for Miis. Wether through PWR, WF+, or WSR.

Anyway, since Mii Fighters have absolutely NO Pilotwings inspired moves, this speaks well for a Pilotwings character.
I think that too. But, the only thing that bothers me is WHEN would a Pilotwings character be announced by Sakurai.

Hey guys, I just wanted to also say that overall, I have a newfound faith we may get a Pilotwings character considering that Rhythm Heaven might be getting one soon and the fact that Pilot Wings was playable at E3, looking at that stage really makes me think we might get someone from this series, and what's more, Pilot Wings was one of the first, if not THE first, new stages we got to see after E3 2013 and I honestly thought it seemed a little weird to show off a stage like that and not confirm someone as playable from it considering it showed up a little soon (IMO)

Hey guys, I just wanted to also say that overall, I have a newfound faith we may get a Pilotwings character considering that Rhythm Heaven might be getting one soon and the fact that Pilot Wings was playable at E3, looking at that stage really makes me think we might get someone from this series, and what's more, Pilot Wings was one of the first, if not THE first, new stages we got to see after E3 2013 and I honestly thought it seemed a little weird to show off a stage like that and not confirm someone as playable from it considering it showed up a little soon (IMO)

I would really like to see some reasons why a Pilotwings character couldn't be playable.

All I see around is "I don't see him being likely". I would love to ask for specifics, WHY doesn't one look likely?
They pretty much fulfill almost every requirement to BE one.

Established franchise? Check.
Successful franchise? Check (last entry was kind of weak, but you reap what you sow, at least became a good seller in a week)
Available characters? Check
Creative moveset pontential? Check, characters don't fight with fists or swords or guns. They peacefully fly a variety of flight devices.
Stage represented? Check, this only increases their chances.
I would really like to see some reasons why a Pilotwings character couldn't be playable.

All I see around is "I don't see him being likely". I would love to ask for specifics, WHY doesn't one look likely?
They pretty much fulfill almost every requirement to BE one.

Established franchise? Check.
Successful franchise? Check (last entry was kind of weak, but you reap what you sow, at least became a good seller in a week)
Available characters? Check
Creative moveset pontential? Check, characters don't fight with fists or swords or guns. They peacefully fly a variety of flight devices.
Stage represented? Check, this only increases their chances.
If Pilotwings gets a rep, when should they be revealed?

Hey guys, I just did some checking around and I say this with a great deal of uncertainty, but it appears that Sakurai really does seem to think Pilotwings is eligible for a playable character. Why do I say this? Well, I came across this page on the Japanese version of the official Super Smash Bros. website for Nintendo 64 and it lists Pilotwings as one of many other Nintendo game series he seems to believe could warrant a playable character and with the series getting a stage from the series itself, maybe a character isn't too far off.:):):b:

Here's the link, it's seems to have quite some broken English if you translate it, but it's easy enough to read I guess:http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/PostReturn024.html

Sorry everyone, I also forgot to mention, do you all think that Pilotwings may get the Golden Pilot as a rep or not?

Just a thread for the pilots.

SNES Pilots:
Big Al
Tony
Shirley
Lance

N64 Pilots:
Lark
Robin
Hawk
Ibis
Kiwi
GOOOOOOOOOOSE!!!

3DS Pilot:
Mii: http://www.smashboards.com/threads/the-mii-thread.324305/

Potential abilities: Rocket Launcher (Gyrocopter reference), Birdman (Final Smash?), cannons, rocket belt, Hang Glider, etc.

Now i know the chances of anyone from Pilotwings, except the Mii, is very unlikely. But it would still be an awesome addition.
Excuse me, 8-peacock-8, I hope I'm not sounding too bold to ask you something like this, but I wanted to ask you if you are still keeping ownership of the Pilotwings thread, Mostly because.....well, I was hoping I could take ownership if you are not using it anymore, of course, or at least, make it a co-ownership with you. I think I have some ideas to kind of overhaul the thread if you don't mind my saying. If you are still using it, then never mind everything I'm asking you, okay? Thank you and God bless.

Hey, guys! I now own the Pilot Wings thread! I'm going to give the OP a bit of a re-haul for now, so if I can get some help it would be greatly appreciated!

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hey guys, according to this list, how would Nintendo's Ace Pilots' moveset be classified (hybrid classes are possible):

Zoner - Character whose strength lies in forcing their opponent to stay in a certain area. Ex: :4marth:

Ranger - Character whose strength lies in their ranged attacks to force opponents to keep their distance. Ex: :4link:

Speedster - Character whose strength lies in their speed and ability to overwhelm their opponents with relentless attacks. Ex: :4pikachu:

Trickster - Character whose strength lies in a quirky moveset that is hard to predict and can alter the battle field. Ex: :4villager:

Bruiser - Character whose strength lies in devastating attacks to quickly finish off opponents. Ex: :4falcon:

Resistor - Character whose strength lies in super armor that allows them to tank hits to strike down opponents. Ex: :4bowser:

Puppeteer - Character whose strength lies in overwhelming opponents with relentless attacks stopping opponents from striking back. Strength in numbers. Ex: :rosalina:

Juggler - Character whose strength lies in being able to string combos together to finish off opponents. Ex: :4luigi:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey guys, according to this list, how would Nintendo's Ace Pilots' moveset be classified (hybrid classes are possible):

Zoner - Character whose strength lies in forcing their opponent to stay in a certain area. Ex: :4marth:

Ranger - Character whose strength lies in their ranged attacks to force opponents to keep their distance. Ex: :4link:

Speedster - Character whose strength lies in their speed and ability to overwhelm their opponents with relentless attacks. Ex: :4pikachu:

Trickster - Character whose strength lies in a quirky moveset that is hard to predict and can alter the battle field. Ex: :4villager:

Bruiser - Character whose strength lies in devastating attacks to quickly finish off opponents. Ex: :4falcon:

Resistor - Character whose strength lies in super armor that allows them to tank hits to strike down opponents. Ex: :4bowser:

Puppeteer - Character whose strength lies in overwhelming opponents with relentless attacks stopping opponents from striking back. Strength in numbers. Ex: :rosalina:

Juggler - Character whose strength lies in being able to string combos together to finish off opponents. Ex: :4luigi:
I personally would think that a Pilot Wings character would be a bit varied, in the sense that in the air, a Pilot Wings character's power and other strong points and talents would truly shine since they would be able to combo/juggle in mid-air like it was nobody's business. At the same, they would be a bit weaker on the ground so their power would be a bit decreased, but their speed would be increased by a decent margin, where they could things like rack up damage with their flight suit's "Birdman" wings, doing things such Falco's side smash attack in Brawl and spin along the ground with their wings. Their Up+B could be using the Rocket Belt that has appear in every installment of the Pilot Wings series so far to burn opponents before take-off and it could act like Firefox from Fox McCloud.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I personally would think that a Pilot Wings character would be a bit varied, in the sense that in the air, a Pilot Wings character's power and other strong points and talents would truly shine since they would be able to combo/juggle in mid-air like it was nobody's business. At the same, they would be a bit weaker on the ground so their power would be a bit decreased, but their speed would be increased by a decent margin, where they could things like rack up damage with their flight suit's "Birdman" wings, doing things such Falco's side smash attack in Brawl and spin along the ground with their wings. Their Up+B could be using the Rocket Belt that has appear in every installment of the Pilot Wings series so far to burn opponents before take-off and it could act like Firefox from Fox McCloud.
How would they deal with characters that are most resistant to damage like :4bowser:?

smashkirby

Smash Hero
How would they deal with characters that are most resistant to damage like :4bowser:?
Well, for someone like Bowser, they'd have to act quite fast to keep him off his feet. BTW, I should have said this earlier, I do strongly support a Pilot Wings character for SSB4. Specifically, Lark from Pilot Wings 64 or the Golden Pilot from Pilot Wings (although I feel a little conflicted on who is going to be the rep for Pilot Wings, if there will even be one at this point. I feel Lark seems like he has more "personality", whereas the Golden Pilot was the main character of the original Pilot Wings on SNES, and what's more, the original SNES game is represented in the Pilot Wings stage in SSB4, whereas there is (currently) no representation of Pilot Wings 64 in that same stage for Lark to be a legit choice. I still hope someone like Lark has a chance though.)

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Well, they could give Lark a golden pilot outfit as a reference. :p
Speaking of which... alternate costume possibilities?

As for character, I'm all for Lark, Goose... Hooter, Kiwi... yeah, anybody from PW64.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Well, they could give Lark a golden pilot outfit as a reference. :p
Speaking of which... alternate costume possibilities?

As for character, I'm all for Lark, Goose... Hooter, Kiwi... yeah, anybody from PW64.
Glad to see you back on, shinhed-echi! You know, I just noticed something, do you think Lark could have a voice actor like the voice of Kid Goku on Dragon Ball, Stephanie Nadolny? BTW, do you think maybe you could help me spread the word on some Pilot Wings support? It'd be greatly appreciated!:colorful: Besides, so far, it's not like Sakurai has de-confirmed any PW64 characters (Thank God!) At this point, I've been thinking about nominating Pilot Wings characters for Rate Their Chances. BTW, I would say use all the colors of the pilots for Lark to wear.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Yeah I could see Lark having the voice of Kid Goku.
I guess I could also nominate any PW character. Should I nominate Lark? Because I think that's the essential representative of Pilot Wings.

And that's a fine idea. Maybe I should add some Lark recolors sometime.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Yeah I could see Lark having the voice of Kid Goku.
I guess I could also nominate any PW character. Should I nominate Lark? Because I think that's the essential representative of Pilot Wings.

And that's a fine idea. Maybe I should add some Lark recolors sometime.
That sounds great! Just like you, I personally (obviously) think that Lark is the essential representative (If not, mascot) of the Pilot Wings series as well. BTW, do you think maybe you can add a bonus "recolor" of Lark in his "civilian" outfit. I mean Lark wearing his red baseball cap and his black t-shirt. Basically, it's this:

Last edited:

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
Well I'm going to throw in my support. After a little Google-ing I saw the series only had three games. One on the SNes, one on N64, and the final one on 3DS and it looked like all the characters got replaced by Mii's in that one. Unfortunate, SO I figure you'll need all the support you can get! :D

Good luck to you and your endeavors, man. As Chrom always says....

ANYTHING CAN CHANGE!

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Well I'm going to throw in my support. After a little Google-ing I saw the series only had three games. One on the SNes, one on N64, and the final one on 3DS and it looked like all the characters got replaced by Mii's in that one. Unfortunate, SO I figure you'll need all the support you can get! :D

Good luck to you and your endeavors, man. As Chrom always says....

ANYTHING CAN CHANGE!
Thank you for your support and service!:b: Excuse me for asking, but would you mind helping spread the word about Pilot Wings support? Also, what character do you support and/or think will be in the game?:)

Top Bottom