• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Unveils New Zelda, Animal Crossing, and F-Zero DLC For Mario Kart 8!

KhanYe

Smash Journeyman
On Nintendo's Official UK Store site, Nintendo unveiled two brand new Add On Content packs for Mario Kart 8. These two packs include characters who have been long clamored for in the Mario Kart series, and finally, we have one iconic Hero of Time whom we have all been waiting for.

Da da da daaaaaaaaaaaaaa! (If you're a real Zelda fan, you'll hear that as you read it.)
Each of these two new Add On Content packs will contain three new characters, two cups with four courses each, and four vehicles. The two packs contain as follows:

Mario Kart 8 Pack 1 - Released November 2014
  • Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach, Link
  • Four Vehicles
  • Eight Courses
Mario Kart 8 Pack 2 - Released May 2015
  • Villager, Isabelle, Dry Bowser
  • Four Vehicles
  • Eight Courses
Here are some pictures of the featured add-ons from these new packs!

Tanooki Mario. Too fly. Shoutout to the Luigi Death Stare in the background.

Cat Peach is going to climb up the standings! (I'll leave now.)

I don't have anything witty to say about how amazing this looks. Who needs Epona when you have a bike?

Is that.. Is that the Blue Falcon? Be still my beating heart.

They're so gosh darn cute. Dry Bowser included.
According to the description on the site, the added Cups will include stages from the worlds of Zelda, F-Zero and Animal Crossing, along with throwback stages from previous iterations of Mario Kart. If both Add On Content packs are purchased, as a bundle or separately, you will immediately be able to get eight colors of Yoshi and eight colors of Shy Guy to play with. According to the website, these packs are retailing for 7 GBP, so we can assume they'll retail for about $10-15 when they arrive in the United States.

As someone who has been questioning Nintendo's marketing since the advent of the Wii U, this is amazing fan service which should really continue to push systems off the shelves. Also, this is the most DLC I've seen Nintendo push for one of its main games, which could hint at Nintendo doing something similar for Super Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS. What do you guys think of this new DLC?

KhanYe wonders... WHERE IS CAPTAIN FALCON? You can't just throw in the Blue Falcon and not put in Captain Falcon! Come be angry with me on Twitter @ayyou9.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Anyone else notice the F-Zero course in the Zelda Pack?

I seem to be the only one who's mentioned it.

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
They should add more character other than reskins, but link is going to be awesome.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883

ooooh sweet lord!

This is good stuff. I'm glad they actually do something with DLC for Mario Kart. And they give us the best stuff first. I'm curious to these new racingtracks though. Would they be retro's or brand new ones?

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Please make captain falcon a playable racer. If you're not going to give him the chance to star in a new f-zero, at least let him show the MK8 crew how real racers race.

RogersBase

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RogersBase
3DS FC
1848-1722-4915
Just made a video about the news!

One thing that a lot of people seem to be missing is the Excitebike inspired stage in the first DLC pack!

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
Nintendo, stop it. You are destroying me with this god like fan service as of late. Please, my wallet can not take this anymore.

Why can't every game's DLC be this awesome?

GAAAWD I HOPE BABY PARK IS A DLC COURSE! PLEASE BASEGOD NINTENDO, I BEG OF YOU!!

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Link needs an Epona-themed kart or we riot.

Or just race using Epona, that'd be freaking amazing.

D

Deleted member

Super Smash Kart is now a dream come true. This is hype.

Last edited by a moderator:

Farorae

Smash Ace
Link fits in surprisingly well into Mario Kart, except in that one pic his head looks huge but I think it's the angle. It's funny because I was thinking a few weeks back what it would be like if nintendo added other big characters to Mario Kart and I thought specifically of Link.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Watch as they put Mario and Peach in Hyrule Warriors as DLC.

Just watch...

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario

HOW DO YOU RUN OUT OF DIGITAL DLC PRE-ORDERS?!?!?!

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
@ KhanYe KhanYe , you had an extra "da" in the Zelda jingle under the Link picture.

Sorry, it just bothered me.

EDIT: I just noticed he fixed it. The galaxy is at peace.

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Wow. This is actually really sweet! But a couple of things that don't quite compute, though. First, Dry Bowser is there, but no King Boo? Second, it's a little surprising to see 2 AC characters, but only one LoZ character.

Kirbybrawl

Smash Cadet
I bet this won't have kirby or anything pokemon related like many people are talking about. If you look back at animal crossing, they didn't have kirby items or pokemon items (except the first ac had the pikachu item) and only had zelda fzero metroid Pikmin and star fox items.

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
So, they'll add in Alt versions of Mario and Peach, add Koopalings and take out other, more loved characters like Diddy and Bowser Jr, and they're adding characters from other game universes now...done with this.

UltraSmashBro721

Smash Rookie
Loving this! I wonder if DLC beyond that, if they have it, will have Kirby on the Warp Star as shown in the Smash Rosalina trailer.

I hope the retro Mario Kart tracks have more of SNES courses. The one already in the game looks fantastic!

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
YO this totally fixes the problems I had with the game's lack of "good courses" and characters!

Link on a Motorcycle, can I get that in a main Zelda game pls

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
first villager terrifies his fellow smashers,
NOW HES GOTTA FREAKIN CREEP THE LIVING HELLS OUT OF THE MARIO KART CAST!!!!!!!!!

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I hope we get Bowser Jr. and King Boo on future DLCs or even Captain Falcon!, with Link getting included the possibilities are endless!

Duskinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yoshibrothers505
Wow...this is certainly the most hypeful two days. First we get video leaks for Bowser Jr, Shulk, and Ganondorf. Then we got a small trailer for Pokken Tournament. And now, ohhhh now, we have perhaps the most beautiful dlc packs ever conceived. Did I die and go to hype heaven?

Master Jelly

Smash Cadet
If Skyloft and Death Mountain are courses, I don't see any free time between me playing this and Smash 4.

Top Bottom