• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo to Stream Smash 3DS Tournament at Comic-Con July 25-26

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
Nintendo will be attending Comic-Con San Diego in a big way this year. Nintendo has announced that Comic-Con will be host to the first-ever Smash Bros. 3DS tournament this weekend, from July 25-26. This tournament will have a limited competitor pool and signups will be 'first-come, first-served,' so if you are interested in competing get there early!

Nintendo is going all in at Comic-Con San Diego 2014!
This Smash Brothers 3DS tournament will be using the build from E3, so there be no new characters or stages in action. However, for those who haven't gotten to spend time with the game, the tournament will be streamed on Nintendo's Twitch channel, so there will be plenty to watch and learn! Keep in mind that any character that appears overbearing or too strong is subject to change; according to Nintendo's press release,

This version represents a game still in development and may not represent the final quality and balance of the game, which launches on Oct. 3.

#BringMeSmash

Nintendo has also put hashtags to clever use for this upcoming Comic-Con. Twitter users who tweet out #BringMeSmash and their location at Comic-Con have a chance to have Smash Bros. for 3DS brought directly to them! Check out the below infographic for more details.

It would appear that Nintendo is looking to ramp up their digital savvy - not only are they using hashtags in a clever way, the company recently released a survey asking about your social media experiences with Nintendo that can be found here. Take a moment and fill it out!

Nintendo will be bringing several other games showcased at E3 to Comic-Con San Diego as well. For the full rundown of games and events directly from Nintendo, click here!

Are you excited to watch the tournament? Do you think there might be a special announcement incoming? Make your voice heard in the comments below!

The Derrit wishes he lived out Californeee way. Hears they've got some good Internet (and Comic-Cons) out there. Make South Park references with him on Twitter at @TheDerrit.

Sen. Sawft

Professional Laundry Folder
NNID
Sawft
3DS FC
4940-6793-4197
This is why I need to stop living in the midwest, so I can actually attend stuff like this.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I really hope Nintendo puts this on the eShop as the release approaches. I can't go to all of these events. A negro needs some smash in his life!

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Things like this tempt me to import a Japanese 3DS for Sm4sh a month early, and then just sell it on ebay when the game comes out here.

NekuShikazu

Smash Journeyman
Sometimes I wish I lived in another country, but at least we get a look at the game before it's released.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
IF PEACH ISNT PLAYABLE I WILL PROTEST
I must see gameplay of her !
:4peach:

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
So on one hand, another potentially awesome tournament and a whole ton of footage of characters and stages to analyze.

On the other, more genwunners out in full force, bashing the games for not being Melee 2.0. >_<

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
So on one hand, another potentially awesome tournament and a whole ton of footage of characters and stages to analyze.

On the other, more genwunners out in full force, bashing the games for not being Melee 2.0. >_<
Don't forget the stubborn nerds, whiners, and haters that say "Brawl 2.0" or "this control sucks" "too slow" or any phrase like that.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Why aren't things in New York City?

Why is everything on the other side of the country?

WHY!?!?!

Last edited:

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
This is pretty unfair to people that can't have the leisure of arriving early...
I don't even live in the states, but I probably wouldn't even bother trying to get in this tournament when a bunch of other people can just beat me to it without even trying.

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers
If I could make South Park references with The Derrit, I would be soooo happy.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
Man, I hope they do decide to put the demo on the E-shop after the event if they don't put it on there during the event. It would be cool to try out the game a bit before the final game comes out. :)

SonicXD81/LPer Unown

Smash Rookie
The Smash 3DS Tournament WILL NOT BE AT SDCC! It will be at the Marriott Marquis & Marina (adjacent to the San Diego Convention Center). All of the games listed to appear at SDCC will be their, no doubt, just not the tournament... I'm still fuzzy about the exact details about it though so someone please clarify and correct me if I am wrong (Also clarify if their will be a prize or not).

Source:
Can't post links yet : (

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
Let's not forget what the SSB Facebook page said:

"Super Smash Bros. will be at San Diego Comic-Con in full force! Join us for the first-ever Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS tournament, tips and tricks live-streamed straight from the show floor and even a few special surprises."

NNID
Majorasmask66
Heres an idea...PUT THE DEMO ON ESHOP!!!! everyone has been begging for one and hell i know people who would play for one.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta

WHY!?!?!
U mean like when Nintendo World had Smash 4 playable Wed. Through Saturday while everyone else only had it wednesday and saturday?
Lol

Last edited:

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
Hopefully some new smashers compete bcuz it's getting boring, seeing the same people in the grand finals

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I wonder how different this build will be
Says right in their thing that it's the E3 build.

At any rate, Comic-Con is an absolute nightmare in terms of people in attendance, so all it's going to take is a few curious people to potentially "ruin" this and force us into watching people who aren't as skilled as we're used to seeing play the game. But it'll be on 3DS regardless so I guess even the pro's probably wouldn't put on the best show if they were there.

Yori

Banned via Warnings
Can't I just search the hashtag, save a pic and tweet it?

WHY!?!?!
WHY IS NOTHING IN THE NETHERLANDS!?
...nvm

Last edited:
Top Bottom