• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Releases 'Nintendo Minute' Video From EVO 2014

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer

Nintendo has been lending its support to the Super Smash Brothers scene as of late. With the Invitational @ E3 and and Nintendo's sponsorship of EVO 2014, NOA has taken notice of the competitive scene. The spotlight on Smash continued yesterday when Nintendo released a Nintendo Minute video from EVO 2014 featuring players and commentators who participated in the E3 Invitational. They discuss their experiences at the Invitational, and share a few tips for up and comers!

Watch Nintendo Minute @ Evo 2014 here!
What do you think of this? Let your voice be heard in the comments below.

The Derrit likes to see Nintendo pay attention to the people. Thanks to KayB KayB for the tip! If you see any Smash-related news you think Smashboards should cover, let him know in a message or on Twitter at @TheDerrit.

Last edited:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945

Baby_Sneak

Smash Champion
NNID
sneak_diss
Warning Received
nintendo really supporting us now... this is on their channel.

im soo happy!

EDIT: double post srry

Last edited:

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
At 2:37 I think you can see M2K walking in the background. Even though this video was focusing on the Invitational players, it still would have been cool if they interviewed him.

DangerDamage

Smash Journeyman
I like that Nintendo probably doesn't support wavedashing but all you hear in the background is the repeated jumping grunts from various characters.

And the start with Luigi just sliding all over the place lol

D

Deleted member

At 2:37 I think you can see M2K walking in the background. Even though this video was focusing on the Invitational players, it still would have been cool if they interviewed him.
Who knows, maybe they did, and his responses would have been bad for advertising.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Nintendo continues showing why they're Nintendo.
EDIT: It really sounds like the 3DS version's closer to what people are asking, closer to a finished version.

Last edited:

DangerDamage

Smash Journeyman
Isn't there going to be a 3DS open tournament soon?

I wonder if other, non-invitational players would be interviewed. Then again, Nintendo's tournament isn't being run as well as I'd hoped, 4 man FFA's isn't that much fun to see. Even still, if M2K or other big smashers go I wonder if Nintendo will interview them because they're definitely aware of the competitive melee scene.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I also love how most of the interviewed players are not only passionate about Smash, but really passionate about Nintendo as a whole too.
Isn't there going to be a 3DS open tournament soon?

I wonder if other, non-invitational players would be interviewed. Then again, Nintendo's tournament isn't being run as well as I'd hoped, 4 man FFA's isn't that much fun to see. Even still, if M2K or other big smashers go I wonder if Nintendo will interview them because they're definitely aware of the competitive melee scene.
The Invitational was pretty fun to watch.

pants name guy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5386-7849-1985
Out of everything said I think I'm the most concerned with the fact that Lilo equated Twilight Princess to Majora's Mask.

Goodness, I hated Twilight Princess.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
Makes comment about Rhythm Heaven being his favorite game, camera cuts to next scene quickly. Lol

TheMikinator3000

Smash Cadet
NNID
Michael312243
Dear Nintendo:
Thank you for hearing us, and listening to us. Smash is more than just a fighting game, it's a community where players from the globe can bond over your most popular game series. We hope you will eventually help this community grow even farther than ever. Make this the worlds biggest game if we can. Sakurai, if you read this, thank you for this amazing game series. Thank you Smashers, and Nintendo for making this community alive.

Sincerely
Michael Mackey

ViewtifulHoe242

Smash Journeyman
you guy's just don't get it huh?
it doesn't matter how much nintendo wants to support and listen to the competitive scene, or casual scene or even the casual elitists because it's all in sakurai's hands.Doesn't matter if you shake Reggie's hand or get to have a constructive sitdown with Iwata or any other nintendo bigwig. Sakurai's still gonna make the game promote campy defensive play with god awful brawl airdodges years of lag on aerials a couple ridiculously broken characters,with the most advanced technique being *wait for it* running up and shielding, if he feels like it. Must be that idiotic bowl cut he rocks keeping him from listening to reason and fogging up his brain on what a fun, yet advanced and competitive game really could be like.

KinGly

Smash Journeyman
It's a magical thing called opinions. But to be honest I didn't like tp that much either XD
This probably isn't the place to discuss it, but I really liked twilight princess. The realistic approach to the artstyle really made me fall in love with it as a kid. I can't equate it to major as mask, that was before my time.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Out of everything said I think I'm the most concerned with the fact that Lilo equated Twilight Princess to Majora's Mask.

Goodness, I hated Twilight Princess.
Twilight Princess was amazing.
it doesn't matter how much nintendo wants to support and listen to the competitive scene, or casual scene or even the casual elitists because it's all in sakurai's hands.Doesn't matter if you shake Reggie's hand or get to have a constructive sitdown with Iwata or any other nintendo bigwig. Sakurai's still gonna make the game promote campy defensive play with god awful brawl airdodges years of lag on aerials a couple ridiculously broken characters,with the most advanced technique being *wait for it* running up and shielding, if he feels like it. Must be that idiotic bowl cut he rocks keeping him from listening to reason and fogging up his brain on what a fun, yet advanced and competitive game really could be like.
The world needs more people like you, we need to spread a cloud of negativity and senseless bashing all across the world, Brawl was a great game with a ton of shortcomings, Smash4 will be polished and better, and there are multiple reports of the 3DS version (Closer to finished) being faster and snappier, with lower landing lag. But it doesn't matter how much good things you hear about the game, you'll keep bashing Nintendo, Sakurai and Smash4, go back to Melee and leave this game alone!

Last edited:

Yori

Banned via Warnings
Looks like Smash4 may become a new competitive Smash after all :D
Edit: And didn't know ma poepo were into Smash that much xD

Last edited:

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
Dear Nintendo:
Thank you for hearing us, and listening to us. Smash is more than just a fighting game, it's a community where players from the globe can bond over your most popular game series. We hope you will eventually help this community grow even farther than ever. Make this the worlds biggest game if we can. Sakurai, if you read this, thank you for this amazing game series. Thank you Smashers, and Nintendo for making this community alive.

Sincerely
Michael Mackey
I am virtually clapping for you.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
I saw this yesterday on Nintendo's youtube channel. Very cool interviews with the players.

:pow:

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Was that Eddy Mexico tearing it up at 0:14?

What Ken said about getting better was my favourite advice out of all the players.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
[quote="D-idara, post: 17101395, member: 212386]It really sounds like the 3DS version's closer to what people are asking, closer to a finished version.
Well, obviously. It's gotta be more finished, I mean, it DOES come out first.[/quote]
Yeah but everyone chooses to ignore that so they can bash Smash4 because it's not Melee.

Newt Floss

Smash Journeyman
it doesn't matter how much nintendo wants to support and listen to the competitive scene, or casual scene or even the casual elitists because it's all in sakurai's hands.
I don't agree with your negative attitude but your overall point is correct. Nintendo of America has nothing to do with the game's development. It doesn't matter if the reps listened to the players' feedback at E3. They're not going to relay any notes to Sakurai and his team. And even if they did, Sakurai isn't going to entertain any suggestions made by NOA's lower level employees. And nor should he. Nintendo doesn't use focus groups to dictate what kinds of games they make. That's why their games are great. I'm looking forward to the new Smash and I'm pretty sure I'll love it whether it's "competitive" or not.

TheGhostlyPidove

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2509-2709-5815
Yeah but everyone chooses to ignore that so they can bash Smash 4 because it's not Melee.
I'm lookin' forward to Sm4sh. Heard from my friends that it has hitstun, so at least there will be combos. It's not Brawl 2.0, people! Also, nobody knows for sure if Nintendo currently doesn't support and understand the full potential of wavedashing. I mean, they did go to Evo, after all. Sure, they made Brawl and Brawl had no wavedashing, but now they support the competitive scene and they brought back hitstun, so who knows? I'm sorry, but that Brawl 2.0 thing is starting to bother me...

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
I'm lookin' forward to Sm4sh. Heard from my friends that it has hitstun, so at least there will be combos. It's not Brawl 2.0, people! Also, nobody knows for sure if Nintendo currently doesn't support and understand the full potential of wavedashing. I mean, they did go to Evo, after all. Sure, they made Brawl and Brawl had no wavedashing, but now they support the competitive scene and they brought back hitstun, so who knows? I'm sorry, but that Brawl 2.0 thing is starting to bother me...
The main things I want to see for this game is reduced landing lag across the board, more movement options, and maybe slightly faster falling speed. Other than that, Smash 4 looks great, and it isn't a Brawl 2.0. Maybe these changes will be made, but I guess we will just have to wait and see.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I don't want wavedashing back, I want it to not be necessary.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
I don't know if I was supposed to laugh at this... But I did. Lol

You're like a caricature of Melee elitists.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Smashboards got mentioned on an official nintendo video!
How about that?

pickle962

Smash Lord
Warning Received
Have fun sticking to a 12 going on 13 year old game which will most likely stop running at EVO in two maybe three years! ;) Oh and are you by chance Dylan Tnga under a new account name?

Smashboards got mentioned on an official nintendo video!
How about that?
IIRC, I think SmashBoards also got a mention in the September 2005 issue of Nintendo Power.

Top Bottom