• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo of Canada Announces Super Smash Club in Surprise Stream

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
Moments ago on EPN.tv, Nintendo announced the Super Smash Club in Canada. This 'Club' will come in the form of several promotions throughout the months of October and November, culminating in some in-person events where attendees can take home Smash Bros. promotional swag.

Define The Rules

One of Super Smash Club's largest promotions is the definition of 'rules.' Every Smasher remembers having a set of rules or in-jokes while playing with friends. Nintendo is looking for those rules from you, and the best 10 will win some awesome prizes. To enter, send out a Tweet or Facebook message with the hashtag #SuperSmashClub and tell the world what your Smash rules are. This promo will run from the 18th to the 26th, so don't forget to put something out there!

These are just some of the events that will take place throughout Canada

Share Your Smash Bros. Fandom

The next promotion will run from October 1st to October 10th. Using the same hashtag, send in pictures or videos of your favorite Nintendo keepsakes - from artwork to costumes to memories, Nintendo wants to see it. Entries will get shared on social media, and the best ten will also win some Smash Bros. merch!

For more info, visit the official press release here.

Are you Canadian? What rules do you play by with your friends? Make your voice heard in the comments below!

Well that was odd. Cool, but unexpected. Follow The Derrit on Twitter at @TheDerrit.

Spaghetti Falco

Smash Apprentice
NNID
brandorf
3DS FC
3024-6627-7748
Im not Canadian so this made me sad

Ill just ask my Canadian friend for some quote "Smash Bros. promotional swag"
#$weg

Last edited:

juddy96

Smash Lord
Yes! Finally something Canada gets first! Sick of the States getting all the good stuff.

Largo Shogun

Smash Cadet
I'm glad that something is coming to Canada specifically for once. It's a good feeling.

Mind you it would be awesome for everyone to get something like this as well.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Well, I'm going to go make a Twitter account now.

Corvus Stellarum

Smash Rookie
Looks like a fun promotion for Canada! And, I may be able to make it to the Mississauga event so that's exciting.

I'm sure similar events are being planned for the US and the UK too. :)
Either way, the hype is growing!

Spaghetti Falco

Smash Apprentice
NNID
brandorf
3DS FC
3024-6627-7748
Last edited:

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Nah its why i love Canada
One of my best friends is Canadian i love the guy
Keep up your streak of being the politest place in the universe
You're getting super hype Smash Bros. quote "swag" also which is rad so props to you guys
There is one problem with Canada though. Terrorists go around telling children Santa isn't real (No seriously, someone got arrested for that).

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
There is one problem with Canada though. Terrorists go around telling children Santa isn't real (No seriously, someone got arrested for that).
Whereas in the US, I'd wager someone would be shot for saying that.

Nice to see Canada scoring a break!

Spaghetti Falco

Smash Apprentice
NNID
brandorf
3DS FC
3024-6627-7748
Whereas in the US, I'd wager someone would be shot for saying that.

Nice to see Canada scoring a break!
Most likely yeah can't do anything here without fear of violence
Which is unfortunate but i guess thats how it is
#moving2canada #USA2spooky17me

Last edited:

the8thark

Smash Lord
Follow The Derrit on Twitter at @TheDerrit.
No. Your advertising won't be rewarded with my following.

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
I generally like Canada more than America, but Nintendo of Canada just doesn't sound as cool as Nintendo of America to me. Probably only because I'm American.

the8thark

Smash Lord
To be honest Nintendo of Australia whoops Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Canada.
If should be Nintendo of United States of America. America on it's own has little meaning to meaning. You have to add US or North or Sough or whatever to give the America any meaning.

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
Nintendo of United States of America is way too long. And it would have "the" after Nintendo of, I believe. I'd still rather Nintendo of America. Rolls off the tongue easy or something. Does Nintendo of America cover South America too or only North America.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I'm afraid my best "rules" match couldn't be explained within a 150 char tweet. I might need to talk someone into recreating it for a video!

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
Something in only Canada? That's a first. Why can't everything just be worldwide? Oh well. I wonder what rules I should vote for.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
At least Canada get some love.
United State always with glory when other country can play better than U.S.

I don't why am saying because I part of U.S. but I Live is a forgethen Island.

Good luck Canadians.

SmashHole '82

Banned via Warnings
WOW... I did NOT expect THIS to happen!
And in my home city of Mississauga, too!
At least Nintendo is organizing competitive events for the 3DS Smash version, but the more we see this worldwide, the better are our hopes for a competitive, in-person Smash.
I can't stress enough how important it is to take this seriously, as we may end up having more Smash 3DS owners than Wii U owners.
And if any other Smash fans are thinking of taking part, as well, in at least the tournaments, no Twitter or Facebook account is required, just give your first and last name, and your email, and you've got your ticket!There's about 764 left in Mississauga.

Last edited:

noahk777

Smash Journeyman
NNID
noahgk
why is there a Nintendo of America AND a Nintendo of Canada? Canada is in America

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Considering Canada always gets the short end of the stick when ever something comes to North America, I ain't even mad.

Good for you, my northern neighbors.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
This has nothing to do with anything except this tangent that you have brought up, but I despise everything about what Santa Claus has become in western culture. If I ever have kids, Santa will have no place in our house.

Top Bottom