• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo News - Slightly Delayed Edition

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Welcome to Nintendo News! Every weekend, Smashboards will compile the noteworthy Nintendo related news bits from the week and put them together into one handy article! This week’s Nintendo News is for the week of March 22nd to March 29th, 2015 and covers Zelda Wii U, Splatoon, E3 and more. Read on below!

Zelda Wii U Delayed: 2015 Release Date No Longer Main Priority

The much anticipated Legend of Zelda game for the Wii U has been delayed. In a new video, series producer Eiji Aonuma revealed that the game may not launch in 2015 after all. Aonuma says that the staff have discovered several new possibilities for the open world game. The team decided to take the time to bring all these new possibilities and ideas to life to truly make this the best Zelda experience possible. No new release window has been revealed yet. Nintendo also announced that Zelda Wii U will not be shown off at E3 2015, stating that this year's E3 showcase will focus mostly on games releasing in 2015.

Splatoon Launch Window And New Information Revealed

Splatoon's still coming in 2015, though! May 2015 to be exact. Nintendo recently announced that their new ink based 3rd person shooter will be launching world wide this May on Wii U. Nintendo also released over 100 new screenshots of Splatoon in action on their Facebook page, showcasing lots of weapons, customizable clothing, stages and more.

Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures Out On Wii U eShop Next Week

He's gonna take you back to the past. The popular internet character's first official game is coming to the Wii U eShop. In this retro style 2D platformer, the Nerd and his hilarious gang of other playable characters must blast their way through 10 challenging and fast paced worlds. Oh yeah, this game is also notorious for it's old school style difficulty, so players who rage easily beware. The Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures launches on the Wii U eShop for $9.99 US on April 2nd, 2015.

That concludes this week’s edition of Nintendo News. If you have any suggestions or improvements for future editions, please let us know in the comments section.

Until next week, Nintendo fans.

TewnLeenk is a writer for Smashboards and hopes StarFox Wii U stays in 2015. Follow and chat with him on Twitter @TewnLeenk.

NintenNess

Smash Journeyman
I'm actually glad they delayed the new Zelda game, trying to make it the best Zelda experience. Get it right over doing it quickly.

Last edited:

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
I heard they delayed zelda u but didn't know it was specifically because of "finding new possibilities to implement into open world". I wasn't bothered by the delay because this happens to literally every console zelda game anyway but now i'm glad they did.

I would like to have seen something of Zelda U at E3. Here's hoping for something on an Animal Crossing U and Animal Crossing amiibo set.
Zelda U being delayed doesn't at all mean we won't see anything of the gameplay itself at E3.

Last edited:

Ultimastrike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ultimastrike
3DS FC
0473-8335-5555
I'm like "Wut." when I see AVGN get his own first official game. That was something I did not see coming.

YoPoYo9100

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure the new Zelda game will be very good whenever it comes out, I have plenty of games to play until then anyways.

AZ_Spellbound

Smash Journeyman
I rather Zelda get delayed and being 100% amazing, then it being mediocre. Hopefully the delay isn't too long.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
"...stating that this year's E3 showcase will focus mostly on games releasing in 2015."

That actually bodes really well for there being games coming out later this year that we don't know about yet. It sucks that we'll have to wait longer for Zelda, but hopefully there'll be enough to bridge the gap.

Mr. Blue Sky

Smash Cadet

Andromear

Smash Cadet
It's better if they delay the game so it won't have as that the game will work at launch; unlike so game that are unplayable at launch.

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
I'm intrigued that Nintendo would publish the game with possibly the most f-words.

DarkStar64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Keystoner_33
3DS FC
4914-3939-6213

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
Zelda delays are almost expected at this point.

Its whatever, Aonuma can take as long as he wants to make it perfect.

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
I'm actually glad they delayed the new Zelda game, trying to make it the best Zelda experience. Get it right over doing it quickly.
At first i was pretty upset due to the delay, but everyone I know who plays the games says the same thing! Just now I realize its their first time doing this on such a scale, and if they're taking more time implement something they think is cool. then it must be pretty cool then^^

im glad to be part of such a loyal and patient fanbase :D

added: Just noticed how nice and polished that Splatoon screen shot is! looks good.

Last edited:

AnTMaN_76

Smash Rookie
NNID
AnTMaN_1999
3DS FC
0275-8515-2986
I wondered how the new zelda game would be when it was first announced but when nintendo delayed it because of new possibilitys this made me even more excited for the game

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
****, they can take as much time as they need to make Zelda Wii U a perfect masterpiece. I'm super excited about this new possibilities they got planned. Besides, I got plenty of games to keep me busy until then.

Nonetheless, I'm also excited about Splatoon. I'm definitely gonna pre-order that one soon.

Last edited:

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
"When Zelda U is not at E3, Alfonzo joins the Digital Event. 'Leave it to me!'"
Splatoon reminds me of most L90's-E00's stuff. Kinda has a KND and Jet Set Radio vibe. My most hyped game for now, aside from Zelda. Splatoon should be at Apex 2016 :4dk::4dk::4dk:

Last edited:

MegaMarioMan9

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HelpMii
3DS FC
4811-7447-1151
Really happy about the Zelda news actually. Unfortunately I don't really think Skyward Sword was all that great and could have used maybe a few more months of work. Taking some more time on a Xenoblade looking Zelda game sounds like a great idea to me.

Since it's not showing up at E3 this year and Smash MAY be out of the question, it makes me kind of curious what's going to create the biggest hype this year. A new Paper Mario would do it for me. :p
As long as zelda U comes out by the next decade, NO ONE GETS HURT!
Their is already a splatoon strategy guide.
My new wall paper!
I'm sorry, but I read all three of your messages in Layton's voice. :p

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
I'd be way more comfortable with the Zelda U delay if it wasn't for the fact that we haven't gotten a 100% new Zelda since 2011. ALBW was great but it was pretty short and the overworld was largely copypasted from ALTTP. Heck, we haven't gotten a truly new Zelda with even the option for a traditional control scheme in nearly a decade, which is insane considering it's supposed to be one of Nintendo's biggest franchises. I also liked the rushed Majora's Mask and Wind Waker better than the nonrushed Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword, though I concede that MM and WW could've used a little more time to be tweaked. I'm not upset so much by Aonuma's decision as by Nintendo's neglect of the franchise by failing to put the proper infrastructure in place to ensure that new console Zeldas come out at more reasonable intervals like every 3-4 years instead of every 5 years. Skyward Sword didn't do it for me, so I'm stuck waiting a decade for another console Zelda I can really sink my teeth into.

BnW Lock

Smash Cadet
lol no Mewtwo news hahahaha bet all the mewtwo losers are crying right now

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Or waiting for Mewtwo information that was said to come in the form of dlc codes coming on March 31st......just sayin'.

gaminggentleguy

Smash Rookie
NNID
gaminggentleguy2
Really happy about the Zelda news actually. Unfortunately I don't really think Skyward Sword was all that great and could have used maybe a few more months of work. Taking some more time on a Xenoblade looking Zelda game sounds like a great idea to me.

Since it's not showing up at E3 this year and Smash MAY be out of the question, it makes me kind of curious what's going to create the biggest hype this year. A new Paper Mario would do it for me. :p

I'm sorry, but I read all three of your messages in Layton's voice. :p
This is what I intended to happen... professor layton will join the battle... The day will come.

Sp1nda

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
Only for 2015
Star Fox U comes out before Zelda U...
For
God's
Sake
I NEED MY STAR FOX! It's been 10 SPACIE-LESS YEARS (for star fox games) WITHOUT A GOOD STAR FOX GAME! I NEED THIS GODDAMMIT!

Keeseman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Keeseman
3DS FC
2251-4754-4791
SPLATOON HYPE

ENGAGE THE HYPERDRIVE

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
Hmm; I should have anticipated The Legend of Zelda for Wii U to get delayed, although I was kind of hoping it would actually manage to see release in 2015 (doesn't really bother me too much, anyway). Given that The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess turned out wonderful despite its apparent delay, I can only hope that good things will come out of this delay for the new Wii U installment of The Legend of Zelda series. There's Shigeru Miyamoto's tenet again - "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." (Although I still wonder why we didn't get delays for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Pokemon OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire, games that could have greatly benefited content-wise from a delay of some sort)

Good to see Splatoon getting more screenshot releases, and Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures seems interesting...

Last edited:

B1gBandJazZ

Smash Cadet
NNID
jp4464
3DS FC
0903-3227-6508
I'm so excited for Splatoon, it's not even funny.
I'm not too worried about Zelda being delayed; I'd rather have a polished game than a rushed one.

By the way; if anyone's interested in joining the Splatoon community, join us at http://squidboards.freeforums.net/

There's discussions, theories, strats, and more.
It's similar to another forum/website that focuses on Super Smash Bros....

Last edited:

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
Sounds like someone didn't buy both versions of Smash Bros 4??

Honestly, as much as I'm looking forward to Mewtwo, I'm hoping even harder that along with him comes a surprise DLC announcement.

I should join DenialBoards.

Top Bottom