• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo News - Banana Slamma Edition

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Welcome to Nintendo News! Every weekend, Smashboards will compile the noteworthy Nintendo related news bits from the week and put them together into one handy article! This week’s Nintendo News is for the week of February 22nd to March 1st, 2015 and covers Pokemon, Hyrule Warriors and more. Read on below!

Final Hyrule Warriors DLC : Boss Pack

The final DLC pack for the Wii U game Hyrule Warriors has been revealed and dated. On March 12th, 2015 the Hyrule Warriors Boss Pack releases featuring a new Boss Battle Challenge mode and Ganon's Fury, a new game type where players assume the role of Beast Ganon and smash everything in their path. To learn more about the various Hyrule Warriors DLC packs, visit the official site right here. Also, be sure to check out the Boss Pack trailer down below.

Donkey Kong Country Trilogy Now Available On Wii U Virtual Console

They're back again and about time too, and this time they're on Wii U! The beloved Nintendo/Rare Donkey Kong Country trilogy has finally been released on the North American Wii U Virtual Console. Donkey Kong Country, DKC2 : Diddy's Kong Quest and DKC3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble were all revealed to be coming to the Wii U in this amazing 90's style trailer Nintendo revealed on February 26th. The Super Nintendo trio of games are all available right now for $7.99 US. In other Donkey Kong related news, the Donkey Kong Land trilogy of Game Boy games are also available on the Nintendo 3DS eShop.

Another Chance To Get An Eon Ticket In Pokemon OR/AS

The Eon Ticket is a mysterious item in Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire that's been passed on from player to player via StreetPass. Trainers who weren't fortunate enough to acquire one are in luck! Between now and March 2nd, players who enter the code 2015LATIOSLATIAS will receive their own free Eon Ticket. Note, a player who has already received an Eon Ticket will be unable to download another one.

That concludes this week’s edition of Nintendo News. If you have any suggestions or improvements for future editions, please let us know in the comments section.

Until next week, Nintendo fans.

TewnLeenk is a writer for Smashboards and been playing OG Donkey Kong Country all day. Follow and chat with him on Twitter @TewnLeenk.

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
Hey now all these new Diddy Kong players who only play him so they can hoo-ha can learn up on their history.

Sausage Zeldas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sanics
3DS FC
2509-2629-0987
EDIT: Never mind I don't even care anymore.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Oh please no... Don't remember DKC just because of DIddy in SSB4.

Cho

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0018-2392-8423
The code does not work for people in Europe...
use the code POKEMON380381 to get the eon ticket

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
All this talk of Hoo-Haing and **** and I'm just drooling at the thought of demolishing things as Beast Ganon.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Apparently the DKC trilogy back up on the Wii Shop as well.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
All of these people just "Hoo hahing" this "Hoo hah!" bull**** while I'm just sitting here blowing people up with the Power Star.

Sausage Zeldas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sanics
3DS FC
2509-2629-0987
You don't need the DLC for HW since it's practically optional. You can beat the game easily without it.
I know that. I've beaten the game. This adds new content though, which means you can get more game to beat.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
I'm whining about it being paid DLC rather than an update.
And most of that additional content is optionally given to us since it was done post-development of the main game. Basically, they're working on extra time. So that extra time is going for extra cost on Nintendo. It's just like how Mewtwo in Smash Bros and Link in MK8 is. They're fun to have but you don't need them since it's just optional content to have and the developers decided to make more on extra time.

You make it sound like they're pulling an "Evolve" or "Destiny" stunt because they really not doing that. They been pretty up front about it ever since fall of last year.

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
*watches Boss Pack video*
*is bored for most of it*

*sees playable Beast Ganon*
My flabber is gasted.

D

Deleted member

It's great to see that the original DKC trilogy is out in the eShop (and same for the Land trilogy).

Sausage Zeldas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sanics
3DS FC
2509-2629-0987
And most of that additional content is optionally given to us since it was done post-development of the main game. Basically, they're working on extra time. So that extra time is going for extra cost on Nintendo. It's just like how Mewtwo in Smash Bros and Link in MK8 is. They're fun to have but you don't need them since it's just optional content to have and the developers decided to make more on extra time.

You make it sound like they're pulling an "Evolve" or "Destiny" stunt because they really not doing that. They been pretty up front about it ever since fall of last year.
Yeah, I guess. Just in a whiney mood.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Now I'm just thankful I finally get to try out the DKC trilogy games and I've recently started playing Hyrule Warriors again after months of not playing. That Boss Pack DLC looks very promising, especially since I get a chance to play as Beast Ganon.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Hey now all these new Diddy Kong players who only play him so they can hoo-ha can learn up on their history.
Implying that not everyone should've played DKC2 in the first place.

tbtechwiz

Smash Apprentice
I'm whining about it being paid DLC rather than an update.
lets delay a game for half life 3 years to make sure we add all the possible content that maybe be have added in later to release it just as one big title....

then everyone still complain about it taking too long

how about just short ass games from now on that will never see new content or a sequel

HyruleSmasher

Smash Cadet
Hyrule warriors DLC are amazing, just so much content for a game, fans show not be complaining.. you have more that your money and your heart could handle.

Top Bottom