• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Japan Releases Preview Video of Smash 3DS

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
Earlier today Nintendo Japan released a short video on Super Smash Bros. for 3DS. It is an intro video that explains the concept of Smash as well as the new single player modes present in the game. While the video is covering some well-trodden ground, there are some short clips of characters that haven't yet been seen in gameplay, such as Ike and Charizard.

Smash Bros. 3DS Main Menu
It also shows off some of the menus and options screens in the game, including the main menu and Mii Fighter customization options. It's a great video so take five minutes and watch the whole thing! It's in Japanese, but the footage alone is worth it.

What do you think of this video? Make your voice heard in the comments below!

The Derrit only has 2 more weeks to wait.... Japanese 3DS yesssssss. Follow him on Twitter at @TheDerrit.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
ganondorf was in the scene where pikachu was taunting (at 00:57)

Last edited:

Frank Ploegmakers

Smash Cadet
Btw one question, not all newcomers will get a reveal trailer right? I thought sakurai said that somewhere when he announced a live video of the reveal of robin and lucina.

I can be wrong, so let me know pls

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
90% certain landing lag is fixed. Check 2:44 of the video where Link does his fair. The first slash of his sword cancels into the ground and he f-tilts immediately after. People have argued that it's nair, but if you pause a frame on 2:45 you can clearly see a slash animation.

GIF: (switch to MP4 for high quality)

This wasn't the case at the demo at ALL and shows a ton of potential for this game's competitive future. Luigi's bair also seemed to have less landing lag than the demo seen at 1:35. So excited to play this, even after the leaks etc. the game looks so well polished/fun!

Last edited:

Tryst

Smash Ace
NNID
Skolar
3DS FC
2750-1644-8369
Sonic has a new Down Smash! :D 0:42 He isn't the exact same as brawl! Yayyyyyyyyyy!

Duskinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yoshibrothers505
Corneria and Distant Planet. Now we have one stage in each game for the Star Fox and Pikmin franchises.

Raph_the_Great

Smash Apprentice
My goodness, I don't care if there's a lot of past stages in it. This game looks frikkin Awesome! Corneria Final Destination FTW!

Great Aether 4 Ike! and Race to the Finish? :D This game just keeps getting better and better. and Smash run enemies (Kid Icarus ones) were appearing on Reset Bomb Forest as some sort of Multi-Man Smash?

it was confirmed by nintendo just like wario and falco lol
When was Falco confirmed by Nintendo?

Anyways,

My complaints have been drowned out by awesomeness! I can't be disappointed by this game now.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
I hate Sakurai for not revealing Wario by now and not leting him in on all this goodness

sure ehs in the game but... hes not in any teasers or trailers or posters

haydyn

Smash Cadet
im not sure about that ganondorf pic... sakurai confirmed that characters would always face you in ssb wii u and 3ds but correct me if im wrong about the pic im pausing the video now.

EDIT: its real! im not sure why he is facing the other way though

Last edited:

aleckermit

Smash Cadet
NNID
aleckermit
90% certain landing lag is fixed. Check 2:44 of the video where Link does his fair. The first slash of his sword cancels into the ground and he f-tilts immediately after. People have argued that it's nair, but if you pause a frame on 2:45 you can clearly see a slash animation.

This wasn't the case at the demo at ALL and shows a ton of potential for this game's competitive future. Luigi's bair also seemed to have less landing lag than the demo seen at 1:35.
I hope this is true! With fixed landing lag and a huge roster that keeps growing week after week I'm very excited to see the game evolve competitively down the road.

On another note I'm pretty disappointed that Ganondorf will retain his Twilight Princess appearance and awkward overly-upright running posture.

I'm most excited to play as Duck Hunt Dog I think... he can't not be hilarious to beast with.

aleckermit

Smash Cadet
NNID
aleckermit
im not sure about that ganondorf pic... sakurai confirmed that characters would always face you in ssb wii u and 3ds but correct me if im wrong about the pic im pausing the video now.

EDIT: its real! im not sure why he is facing the other way though
Not all characters are mirrored, just some that would have the character's face not visable if they turned the otehr way (Kirby for example).

Last edited:

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
Sonic has a new Down Smash! :D 0:42 He isn't the exact same as brawl! Yayyyyyyyyyy!
I played as Sonic at Best Buy, he seems buffed. :D

I love this video, so hype... Especially when I realize THERE'S ONLY A MONTH LEFT TO GO

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
also of note is that Brawl stages are also getting Final Destination variants as evident when they show Samus Mother Brain and Olimar on Brinstar the stages layout is completely flat without Platforms. Which makes me hopeful that stages like Green Hill Zone and Distant Planet will be receiving the FD treatment.

EDIT: at 0:57 you can see D3 charging his hammer in the lower right on a portion of Green Hill Zone that looks completely flat with a ledge hanging off to the side. That isn't in the original considering the breakable portions that had ledges were curved. So yea so far Green Hill Zone and Brinstar have and FD version.

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
That accordion version of the main theme in the middle.
Oh baby.

Tryst

Smash Ace
NNID
Skolar
3DS FC
2750-1644-8369
I played as Sonic at Best Buy, he seems buffed. :D

I love this video, so hype... Especially when I realize THERE'S ONLY A MONTH LEFT TO GO
Really? Yay! Someone that actually played him! :D Thank you for telling me! I couldn't go and I couldn't find anyone else that tried him. Glad to hear he is better then Brawl Sonic. c:

Last edited:

ecylisis

Smash Apprentice
Not happy about all the past stages. Looking like that leaked stage list is really all there is.

Incredibly disappointing, I was expecting a new stage for at least every franchise that has a playable character.

The game still looks great, but wow, that's a lot of past stages taking the place of new ones.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Well i'm gonna say right now every 3DS stage have a FD version as every stage shown in that trailer was shown at some point with an FD version including the old brawl stages brinstar, corneria, green hill, and yoshi's island brawl

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
Not happy about all the past stages. Looking like that leaked stage list is really all there is.

Incredibly disappointing, I was expecting a new stage for at least every franchise that has a playable character.

The game still looks great, but wow, that's a lot of past stages taking the place of new ones.
I'd be surprised if that was the final list; that's less stages than Brawl. Doesn't seem likely.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Really? Yay! Someone that actually played him! :D Thank you for telling me! I couldn't go and I couldn't find anyone else that tried him. Glad to hear he is better then Brawl Sonic. c:
You should check out the smash4 sonic forums. We discussed his new moveset in some detail. It appears substantially improved. New Dsmash and dash-attack, the side-B / down-B mechanics are quite different (still complicated / nuanced like in brawl but they just act differently with regards to momentum, cancellations, etc.). They combo a lot better.

But that was all the E3 build, can't wait to see the finished product.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
sonic also now grabs the ledge automatically like other characters do when using both his side b and up-b which was something we discussed in the forums.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta

GIF: (switch to MP4 for high quality)

This wasn't the case at the demo at ALL and shows a ton of potential for this game's competitive future. Luigi's bair also seemed to have less landing lag than the demo seen at 1:35. So excited to play this, even after the leaks etc. the game looks so well polished/fun!
This was actually already show in the leak videos. With lucina and charizard. I really think ppl should double check that footage. Theres a ton of tidbits that would make any competitive smasher excited

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
This was actually already show in the leak videos. With lucina and charizard. I really think ppl should double check that footage. Theres a ton of tidbits that would make any competitive smasher excited
I've seen the Lucina vid but not entirely sure about the Charizard - mind sharing a link?

WwwWario

Smash Ace
If this doesn't bring the hype level through the roof, nothing will.

By the way, I REALLY like the idea of stages having Final Destination forms after watching this video!

Top Bottom