• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NINTENDO FRANCE PRESIDENT CONFIRM : Nintendo GameCube controler continues

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Philippe Lavoué Director of Nintendo France .
A tel point que les adaptateurs pour manettes Gamecube se sont vite retrouvés en rupture de stock, manifestement. Est-ce que des réassorts sont prévus rapidement ?

Nous avons été assez agréablement surpris du succès de l’accessoire, mais que les fans se rassurent, nous faisons tout ce qui est possible pour refournir les magasins rapidement.
In english

So much so that the adapters for Gamecube controllers soon found themselves out of stock, obviously. Does restocking are planned soon?

We were quite pleasantly surprised by the success of the accessory, but fans can rest assured, we are doing all that is possible to resupply the stores quickly.
Just be patient and stop spreading some Video-Game Store bull**** . They just want you to pay a lot for this . That's all folk's !
Sources : http://www.gamekult.com/actu/toy-games-ou-consoles-nintendo-part-en-reconquete-A141333.html

Last edited:

Chaozrush21

Smash Cadet
NNID
dotmae
3DS FC
3007-8540-3431
Thank god, I barely had enough money to get SSB4 so I had to hold out on the Gamecube Adapter and Gamecube Controller.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Thank god, I was starting to think I was going to have to use the game pad forever.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Thank you based Europeans~

That's good news. I was hoping to get myself an adapter. Cheers for spreading the good word, my friend~

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I own 6 GameCube controllers. For utility's sake, having 4 out of 6 being able to port into SSBU really saves me a lot of convenience so I don't need to scramble for alternative controllers. Especially for 8 Player Smash and setting up photos and drawings. Having this stock, I deserve to get mine from any Gamestop rush before others.

If worse came to worse, I'd just sell half of them to some local retro and gaming stores and get some Hori FightPads, which are probably even more rare and expensive than the GCN Adapter (yet to check.)

In any case, I'm glad we now have official word from higher-ups on this issue. Hopefully it'll turn in favor for the Marth, Villager, and WFT amiibo. I mean, if the demand is so high that you have stock issues, why would you want to pull that revenue source away?

Top Bottom