• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Challenge Live Day 2, Streaming Live from SDCC

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
Nintendo's livestream from San Diego Comic-Con will be resuming shortly. Nintendo will be putting Smash Bros. on display again, along with some of their other upcoming games, so tune in for some great Nintendo content! The stream is scheduled to start at 11:00 PST, or 2:00 EST.

2:00 EST: Hyrule Warriors is up with new General characters on display!

2:25 EST: Smash Bros. for Wii U - 3v1 challenge!

2:45 EST: NES Remix Pack announced for this holiday season! No major details were revealed but it appears that it will be a boxed package of NES Remix 1 and 2.

3:15 EST: An example of Smash Run for Smash Bros. for 3DS.

Last edited:

Yodude57

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yodude57
3DS FC
3282-2513-0940
Nintendo's livestream from San Diego Comic-Con will be resuming shortly. Nintendo will be putting Smash Bros. on display again, along with some of their other upcoming games, so tune in for some great Nintendo content! The stream is scheduled to start at 11:00 PST, or 2:00 EST.

Hyped!

ShaDoW4408

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadow4408
3DS FC
3668-9102-9707
Will ppl get the character reveal they were screaming about in last stream tune in to find out.

Last edited:

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
5 cyber bucks says wario will be revealed at the end.

ShaDoW4408

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadow4408
3DS FC
3668-9102-9707
I was hoping for the bird that prefers the air and doesn't like ppl touching his bread.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
ARGH! JUST REVEAL A CHARACTER ALREADY!
Dude, there is no need to be upset. We just got Robin, Lucina, and Captain Falcon last week, you know.

There wasn't a reveal at EVO, was there? There might be one today, but don't count on it.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
awww.... I have to work tonight... =(
Huess i'll see what happened afterwards then...

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706
Hopefully there will be a character reveal today!... or tomorrow... or the next 2 days...

Last edited:
NNID
Majorasmask66
Slipped my mind. But, so? It's nothing to wait 3-4 weeks for a new reveal. They don't always come close together. They very well might. We'll see. I just think it's annoying to whine about it.
but with the game a little more over a month before the game launches, they cant have character reveals every 3-4 weeks anymore. time is limited now.

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I gotta say, that Bowser mirror match at the end of the tournament yesterday was so damn intense. Completely unexpected. I hope to see more 3DS Tournaments in the future.

Metallaeus

Smash Apprentice
People, you can be hopeful for something, but don't expect Nintendo to reveal anything new for any game today. If Nintendo had any surprises, they would have revealed them already.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
but with the game a little more over a month befor the game launches, they cant have character reaveals every 3-4 weeks anymore. time is limited now.
I realize that, but not everything is likely to be revealed before release. None of us knows what the marketing plan is this time, but that's the way it's always been in the past. I personally wouldn't mind an official, complete roster reveal before release, but I'm couching that in quiet expectation. We might only get one more trailer before September. Who knows.

NNID
Majorasmask66
People, you can be hopeful for something, but don't expect Nintendo to reveal anything new for any game today. If Nintendo had any surprises, they would have revealed them already.
no, reveals tend to be towards the end in events like this. no one reveals stuff early usually and they say okay bye thanks for watching but we have other important information we need you to check out so you guys will still stay right? no...oh. well thats plus they said they will reveal gameplay changes tomorrow and they haven't yet.https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/492845910712270848 thats something new. while they arent specific when they said that chances are its about smash due to being posted after the smash tournament. they probably want us to put two and two together and if they didnt they would have said what game or various games.

NNID
Majorasmask66
I realize that, but not everything is likely to be revealed before release. None of us knows what the marketing plan is this time, but that's the way it's always been in the past. I personally wouldn't mind an official, complete roster reveal before release, but I'm couching that in quiet expectation. We might only get one more trailer before September. Who knows.
i highly doubt were on the last trailer. they said at the bottom of the barrel of trailers so we know we have more trailers than just the one we saw so while i know they arent going to reveal the entire roster yet, they might reveal like a few more trailers. 2-3 and comic con is the perfect time to do it.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
i highly doubt were on the last trailer. they said at the bottom of the barrel of trailers so we know we have more trailers than just the one we saw so while i know they arent going to reveal the entire roster yet, they might reveal like a few more trailers. 2-3 and comic con is the perfect time to do it.
Bottom of the barrel doesn't mean 2-3 more, it could very well mean just 1 more. And they've never done more than 2 at a time: main trailer with a couple characters, and bonus trailer with special character (Wii Fit, Pac-Man). Expecting to see one trailer with a couple characters is a very realistic expectation, but we have never been promised as much. That's the thing. By all means, be excited and expect big things, but for crying out loud, let's not complain if nothing happens. That's all.

Metallaeus

Smash Apprentice
no, reveals tend to be towards the end in events like this. no one reveals stuff early usually and they say okay bye thanks for watching but we have other important information we need you to check out so you guys will still stay right? no...oh. well thats plus they said they will reveal gameplay changes tomorrow and they haven't yet.https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/492845910712270848 thats something new. while they arent specific when they said that chances are its about smash due to being posted after the smash tournament. they probably want us to put two and two together and if they didnt they would have said what game or various games.
Don't get your hopes up and don't shoot down what I said because you think you're right. Also, it says gameplay challenges, not changes. You're just desperate for news and now you're throwing your reasoning out of the window. Nintendo only says to tune in next time because they want you to watch their stream, obviously. There is going to be no further announcements for Smash.

NNID
Majorasmask66
Bottom of the barrel doesn't mean 2-3 more, it could very well mean just 1 more. And they've never done more than 2 at a time: main trailer with a couple characters, and bonus trailer with special character (Wii Fit, Pac-Man). Expecting to see one trailer with a couple characters is a very realistic expectation, but we have never been promised as much. That's the thing. By all means, be excited and expect big things, but for crying out loud, let's not complain if nothing happens. That's all.
bottom of the barrel means the last few. if they had only one left they most likley wouldve said so. bottom of the barrel doesnt mean last. it never has. it means the few that remain. this is highly unlikley he would. i didnt mean 2 at a time. i mean one at comic con one a different time. i dont expect newcomers to fly out of the wood works at cmic con. just one if we do get it. im not gonna rant to nintendo if they dont show a newcomer but its still a possibility. thats all. not expecting 2 or three to be shown. just think that they MIGHT show one. any more than that would be very generous.

NNID
Majorasmask66
Don't get your hopes up and don't shoot down what I said because you think you're right. Also, it says gameplay challenges, not changes. You're just desperate for news and now you're throwing your reasoning out of the window. Nintendo only says to tune in next time because they want you to watch their stream, obviously. There is going to be no further announcements for Smash.
Whoa looks like i hit a soft spot. i was just having a discussion. issues much? by changes i meant gameplay changes. that was to show that they have yet to make any reveals towards game play such as mabye new mechanics or such but you said they shouldve showed it already. see the other guy i talk to is respectful because he or she knows were just having a discussion yet here you are calling me desperate...also the claim they only said there would be surprises because they want you to watch their stream? ya because nintendo does that so much...nice conspiracy with nothing to back it up.

Metallaeus

Smash Apprentice
Whoa looks like i hit a soft spot. i was just having a discussion. issues much? by changes i meant gameplay changes. that was to show that they have yet to make any reveals towards game play such as mabye new mechanics or such but you said they shouldve showed it already. see the other guy i talk to is respectful because he or she knows were just having a discussion yet here you are calling me desperate...also the claim they only said there would be surprises because they want you to watch their stream? ya because nintendo does that so much...nice conspiracy with nothing to back it up.
It's very clear that you're ignorant. You bash my post and then proceed to reply real butthurt because you don't agree with me. I'll just ignore you and and continue life now.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
bottom of the barrel means the last few. if they had only one left they most likley wouldve said so. bottom of the barrel doesnt mean last. it never has. it means the few that remain. this is highly unlikley he would. i didnt mean 2 at a time. i mean one at comic con one a different time. i dont expect newcomers to fly out of the wood works at cmic con. just one if we do get it. im not gonna rant to nintendo if they dont show a newcomer but its still a possibility. thats all. not expecting 2 or three to be shown. just think that they MIGHT show one. any more than that would be very generous.
The bottom of the barrel thing could mean any number. My point is that he could say that about only one remaining trailer and he would not be incorrect. It's a colloquialism. There's some wiggle room, there. It's hardly worth arguing over, kek.

But the things you're saying sound reasonable. I can't watch the stream today, so I hope you'll post and tell me how wrong I've been if something big does happen! It'd be cool to have something to get hyped over.

Last edited:
NNID
Majorasmask66
The bottom of the barrel thing could mean any number. My point is that he could say that about only one remaining trailer and he would not be incorrect. It's a colloquialism. There's some wiggle room, there. It's hardly worth arguing over, kek.

But the things you're saying sound reasonable. I can't watch the stream today, so I hope you'll post and tell me how wrong I've been if something big does happen! It'd be cool to have something to get hyped over.
yea and besides a character reveal would be the cherry on the top of the sundae. the cherry is nice but with everything else like the amazing tournament, the challenges, and constant battles and smack talk with bill trinen its been a damn good sundae. any way have good one.

NNID
Majorasmask66
It's very clear that you're ignorant. You bash my post and then proceed to reply real butthurt because you don't agree with me. I'll just ignore you and and continue life now.
ya ya im ignorant what ever you say. i didnt bash you once. i gave an example of why that would be a poor decision to show reveals in the beginning of an event. it wasnt supposed to be hate and i apologize if you took it that way. but my statement directed at you wasn't supposed to be that i disagree with you about a character possibly being shown, it was about you being blatantly wrong with the statement about they would have already shown reveals.

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
Actaully, you're just being VERY ignorant, @ TheSqushiestManatee TheSqushiestManatee is having a discussion while you're bashing at him any chance you get, also you're making false claims of what he said, you where the one bashing him in the first place, Very immature...

Metallaeus

Smash Apprentice
Actaully, you're just being VERY ignorant, @ TheSqushiestManatee TheSqushiestManatee is having a discussion while you're bashing at him any chance you get, also you're making false claims of what he said, you where the one bashing him in the first place, Very immature...
Because me basically saying "Don't get your hopes up, there's probably nothing left to be revealed" and someone replying "No, you're wrong" and then spreading false information is a me being immature and them trying to have discussion with me. Not sure how I made false claims either, but it seems I'm the bad guy here, so whatever.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Because me basically saying "Don't get your hopes up, there's probably nothing left to be revealed" and someone replying "No, you're wrong" and then spreading false information is a me being immature and them trying to have discussion with me. Not sure how I made false claims either, but it seems I'm the bad guy here, so whatever.
You insulted the man.

NNID
Majorasmask66
I didn't say you're wrong about the character reveal thing. i said you're wrong about the usual timing of reveals and why people dont usually reveal things early in events. Plus if i did say you're wrong about the character thing how would that be disrespectful? Having a disagreement is disrespectful? What information did i spread that was wrong? nothing i did was disrespectful and if something besides those things you listed i did was something you feel was disrespectful, then elaborate on what i said because i dont feel were on the same page here.

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
"You're just desperate for news"
"It's very clear that you're ignorant"
"reply real butthurt"
Obvious signs of False Claims and being immature

Newt Floss

Smash Journeyman
MERLE: You guys like Black Ops?
BILL: I'm more of a Nintendo guy.
MERLE: Oh yeah? Why's that?
BILL: I work for Nintendo.

ShaDoW4408

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadow4408
3DS FC
3668-9102-9707
Seems like ppl are going crazy because no character reveal yet such a sad day

Gombukelp

Smash Apprentice
LOL The comments on that tweet though.

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
Good work everyone in this thread for having a strong moral compass. Except for...

He said something *could* happen, you told him he was dumb and that nothing *would* happen. You're the only one making a claim here. On top of that you insulted him for his thought on what *could* happen. You're bashing him for doing exactly what you actually did, except that he didn't actually do it.

Please don't do that in the future.

Top Bottom