• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

BetaBahamut

Smash Journeyman
I read a little, then it was discussing how falco can be gayer then MK or something, then I closed.

Also how young do you think I am? ( I think Mana made the list so its directed at him)

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Maybe I gotta chance making this list if some tourneys happen in Albany too.

Probably only able to make it to Syracuse and Albany right now. xD

Sharky

Smash Master
i took 1 look. Saw how long it was and closed it.
tl;dr people need to think more about how to counter what's beating them with a new strategy. Someone being gay? Be gayer. So basically nothing you haven't been propounding already lol.

Sharky

Smash Master
*bry t-jolts the hell out of yoshi*

*sharky learns to stop trying to get past it and just sit on a platform above it, or just spotdodge it*

lol

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
I read a little, then it was discussing how falco can be gayer then MK or something, then I closed.

Also how young do you think I am? ( I think Mana made the list so its directed at him)
i helped make it but i didn't make the post or honorable mentions those are all goggles

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Melee has its share of gays. Falco Lazers are no different then a pikachu tjolt. But i love both games but they both have there share of gay.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Beta, you mad baby faced so I just assume you were in the 16-17 range, which is younger than most everyone else. cura and san are 18, as I recall mana and myself are both 20, as is Jesiah, pikapika is 23 and goodies is like ancient (25 i believe)

so if you were in a different area, youd be normal aged, but in this area youre pretty young, if my assumption is correct that is...

BetaBahamut

Smash Journeyman
Melee has its share of gays. Falco Lazers are no different then a pikachu tjolt. But i love both games but they both have there share of gay.
I definitely Agree, Whenever Erk says somethings gay, I always respond that every Top/High/Mid and even low tier has something gay in their arsenal. Though both games have some gay ****, they are different kinds of gay, it just depends on what kinda Gay you prefer.

Edit: Im 18, but I understand I look Mad young.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
So apparently the room I mentioned that we might be able to have a tourney in costs $150 for 1.5 hrs... so I don't think thats gonna work...
I dunno, next semester, Ill probably try and create a Smash club, and if Im successful, I might be able to get funding which could be used to offset venue costs.
In other words, I'm still figuring this out.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I wish the arena forums were still up so i could copy the long post i made there about how to initiate people into the smash scene.

basically, the opposite of the above 2 posts.

PinPoint

Smash Apprentice
I wish the arena forums were still up so i could copy the long post i made there about how to initiate people into the smash scene.

basically, the opposite of the above 2 posts.[/COLOR]
Yeah but that worked for me.

Also, pick a strange character like pikachu in grand finals. It made me confused.

altairian

Smash Lord
So apparently the room I mentioned that we might be able to have a tourney in costs $150 for 1.5 hrs... so I don't think thats gonna work...
I dunno, next semester, Ill probably try and create a Smash club, and if Im successful, I might be able to get funding which could be used to offset venue costs.
In other words, I'm still figuring this out.
ouch that's pretty pricey. There might be something near your campus that we can use as a venue. A hotel meeting room or something. They aren't cheap either but they wouldn't as expensive as that lol. I'll look in to that stuff and you can work on the smash club ;)

PinPoint

Smash Apprentice
ouch that's pretty pricey. There might be something near your campus that we can use as a venue. A hotel meeting room or something. They aren't cheap either but they wouldn't as expensive as that lol. I'll look in to that stuff and you can work on the smash club ;)
Imagine how good you'd be at smash if you spent all the time in your sig smashing instead.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Time spent watching anime is time well spent. Altairian is gonna get pretty **** good real soon, just you guys watch!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
There are some people like bry and me and rob and jesse, that will want to get good at smash no matter what you do. I started playing melee with goodies in 06 and he consistently 4 stocked me with minimal effort. He even4 stocked me with game and watch using nothing but wavedash backwards, to wavedash forwards fair. Thats what made me pick up Gwatch and why its so **** now.

Jesse had a similar story, he used to talk maddddd junk about how amazing he was, only to get repeatedly obliterated by goodies, and pikapika, and rick and amanda and PJ (the last 3 being old melee players that dont come to tourneys anymore) and that inspired him to get better.

but the majority of people arent like that. most players that have their first encounter with the competitive scene of a video game, wont continue to play the game if they dont believe that they themselves can achieve the level necessary to beat the people that they play with.

because of that, normally if you are way better and playing with somebody who one of those best-on-my-block types, you dont want to just destroy them. That will just immasculate them and disuade them from playing further. and then they wont want to play with you anymore regardless of how much potential they may have. if you are going to beat them, you want to beat them by a small enough margin that will make them think that they can eventually get good enough to beat you. if possible also do one or two things that theyve never seen before. because that will give them a reason to get better at the game.

You can than give them small tips and inch them along the path of getting better, until they come to you and ask you how to really get good.

its a very delicate process, because if you ever make it so that its not fun for them anymore, theyll stop playing.

PinPoint

Smash Apprentice

hubble

Smash Ace
Everytime I read anything by Sirlin I get 10x more intelligent.

I enjoy getting destroyed by Jesse for hours on end, I'm crazy enough to call it fun. Makes you so much better at this game; However, there is a certain amount of "coddling" or developing time that every player that comes into this scene needs.

I'm all for pushing the development of the community, let me know if you guys had any particular ideas.

Kantō

Smash Champion
Very good points KID , make sure everyone of us reads that and understands what we have to do to help the community grow. Are there any tourneys around here for different games other than smash? If so we need to go to these and set up a tv for smash and attract people into some friendlyes, mabye work something out with other TOs to help eachother out. Idk, just something I thought might work LOL.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
you have to make yourself better...

don't count on practice you get with others...

it's the ability inside yourself you have to release!

there is flowing energy in all of us. the molecules in our body are traceable to the big bang. free your mind and travel through time to find answers about the universe

after this u can get good at smash bros.

also its just about being smar ttoo.

i can win matches without short hopping with fox and when i dont feel like concentrating i do that i just play full jump bair fox and its just as good u just gotta be smarter and bait/punish/mindgame but mostly baiting and punishing that's what every fighter hsa every been about\

but no really if anyone wants to get good i can get your brain into another dimension and you'll know more about life in general

also basically ppl can come play me whenever like seriously if we r playing its playing to get bteter i am almost always trying new things as opposed to using things i kno work

its alot about experimenting and its also all about playing against cpu level 1

ill edit this with more good info as time passes or just make new posts

Top Bottom