• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW Yo-yo glitch

The Mofo

Smash Apprentice
During the DDoS attack, I discovered a new yo-yo glitch... with the down smash.

Unfortunately, it's only cosmetic. As far as I can tell, at least.

Here's how it works:

The down-smash animation lasts 61 frames, but you can interrupt it starting frame 59. If you do, the yo-yo lingers for 1 frame, and then disappears in a cloud of smoke. However, if you down-smash AGAIN on frame 59, the yo-yo doesn't disappear at all, and ANOTHER yo-yo is stacked on top of it. You can then repeat the process indefinitely, stacking more and more yo-yos. The new design on the yo-yo is actually just a scrambled version of the normal one, exposing the vertices of the intersecting polygons.

Hit-boxes are NOT affected by this.

Some interesting things:

1. You can up-smash on frame 59 instead of down-smash, and it will continue the glitch. At the end of the up-smash, you have to either down-smash or up-smash again at frame 49 to continue further. Using up-smash does not add another yo-yo to the stack, however, it only sustains how many yo-yos you already have stacked.

2. Charging the yo-yo with either smash while you have 1 or more yo-yos stacked exposes a second string, since the stacked ones drag one frame behind the active one for some reason.

3. Canceling the down-smash on frame 60 or 61 does not add another yo-yo to the stack, however it will sustain the current number of stacked yo-yos, just like the up-smash.

4. Since when you cancel the down-smash on frame 59 it lingers for one frame, you can have one frame where you are doing another animation while the yo-yo is still out.

Some more pictures:

The Mofo

Smash Apprentice
Ah, thanks for that Simna, it's good to know this kind of glitch has a name! I'm doing this on 1.0, but it works in every version.

гυιη

Smash Cadet
NNID
Unique
3DS FC
5198-2442-2813
This sounds like an amusing little thing to show off to my friend who mains ness

Kayo

Smash Apprentice
Premium
NNID
KiddKayo
3DS FC
0989-3028-4971
Haha! I'm WAYYY more interested in these epic shots then I should be. Can't wait to try this one out.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I was able to get it in 1.2 so it should work in all versions, It's pretty hard for me to stack more than 2. I always mess up the timing.

Gatoray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gatoray
3DS FC
3024-5880-3045
What happens when you perform the old yoyo glitch while having a glitched yoyo?

Top Bottom