• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New to peach help

Kiusthugs

Smash Apprentice
Hi I've currently seeing peach to be the best for me. She makes me think about what I'm doing instead of going to autopilot mode on some other characters. I want to know step by step on how pros are able to do like a super low float cancel to an aerial and just drop down to the ground in a repetive succession where they can literally do like 3 nairs in 1 second. I want to know which is the best or fastest way to go to the edgehog, wavedashing or short float cancel and drop down to edge. Lastly I want to know how exactly peaches jump work. Sometimes I would notice that when I jump or double jump and aerial, the height of my jump just stops. How does armada drop down from the edge, floats and still have his double jump to go back to the edge, don't you lose your second jump when you fall off? I've tried to look for guides but they're mainly beginner/ neutral game stuff or character match ups and there aren't many guides on youtube. I just really want to know what kind of tech peach is and how to do it and master it. Sorry for the grammatical errors lol.

Flippy Flippersen

Smash Journeyman
The main thing I understand from this is that you don't understand how peaches jumps work.
So peach in midair has 2 options. Starting a float by holding down and pressing the jump button (this can not be done in tumble) and double jumping.
Peaches double jump rises relatively slow to other characters double jumps and if you do an aerial whilst double jumping peach will stop ascending which can be done near instantly meaning you can jump, double jump and do a nair (or any aerial really nair is best for this though) before you even get above foxes shorthop height.
using float properly doesn't eat your double jump and using your double jump doesn't eat your float if you can't double jump after float you executed float wrong (this makes the double jump sound)

Your post is rather messy but I think I covered most of it by just explaining how her jump works, if not feel free to ask what I've missed.
Also not a peach master so if someone smarter than me disagrees with me (s)he's prolly right.

Last edited:
Top Bottom