• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New to Commentary, would like feedback, critique or encouragement!

YeezusWSU

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I recently have been trying to break into the commentary game, The twitch VOD I linked I come into commentary at about exactly 2 hours, Id love it if you guys could give me some feedback or encouragement, really anything! And it Runs very loud, just a spoiler, I also am the one that sounds like hes on the right.
Yours truly, Yeezus.

http://www.twitch.tv/smashbrosatwsu/v/17000024?t=120m00s

like i said its about exactly at 2 hours
I would love any amount of advice <3

Muscle_Senpai

Smash Apprentice
I didn't watch it and I'm probably not going to because of the length but in my opinion the best type of commentator is the educated, good humored, non-self absorbed one. I'm not a fan of when commentators talk about themselves more than "Hi, I'm such and such" and if you're going to use personal experience make sure it actually relates to what happened. I appreciate a decent amount of humor if possible on there, acting hype about things that actual deserve it, and last but most important point BE INTERESTED IN THE CURRENT MATCH AND KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. Study up and avoid using "I think it would be that way" if you're going to pass judgement on a player's move/mistake actually have good alternatives. Honestly I think commentating is a harder job then playing, not only do you get critiqued a lot by stream watchers but to amass enough knowledge and skill to accurately convey what's going on in a match live takes a LONG time.

Top Bottom