• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Peach main in need of some tips

TheAmazingAj

Smash Rookie
NNID
MrSunshine448
3DS FC
5069-5272-5380
Hey guys,

Im kind of starting out with Peach, I have a few months of experience with her under my belt and I think Im at a level where I feel comfortable to start learning more advanced techniques. After watching other peach mains, like Armada (well until recently), Kalamazhu, and MacD, Ive realized a few things I need to work on. I made a list and was just curious to know if anyone has any tips on getting better at any of these. Also did I leave anything off?

- My reaction time
-L-canceling
-Float Canceling
-Edge Guarding and Hogging Skills
- Breaking my mind from going into Auto pilot
-best ways to eliminate errors when recovering.

MisterCTM

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0387-9736-6460
Reaction time is just practice.

Ehhhhhhhhhhh you should make sure and at try to FC everytime, I mean you should learn the l-cancel timing but hopefully you won't have to use it too much.

FC learning is just practice

Edge guarding just watch videos of other Peaches and do what they do. Peach has amazing edgeguarding tools, you've just gotta learn to use them. Basically, if you get a Falcon off stage at 0% he shouldn't be coming back if you can edgeguard well.

Ehh again it's just practice. Constantly think about why you are doing what you do and think about what your opponent is going to do next and what you'll do next to counter that.

Again just practice practice practice

Something you left off was neutral. Learning to wavedash-dashdance is super important for neutral, and you need to get super good at the neutral in general.

Also you've gotta learn to turnip. Turnips are awesome.

Other than that I think you covered all the starting stuff.

Top Bottom