• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Sir Skaro

Smash Apprentice
@Seetoe
I may take you up on that offer. I don't play with actual people very often so I've had to teach myself everything. I know I'm going to seem like such a noob for saying this, but lately I've been teaching myself OoS options. I've noticed considerable improvement in my game since I've been teaching myself, but I think I would improve much faster if I had someone to help teach me. I've found shield dropping to be the most difficult OoS option. I'll contact you if there's a window for us to play Smash some time, and feel free to contact me as well!

I'm moving into a new apartment come January 2 so I probably won't be able to go to travel anywhere for a while, as I'll need to be working more. Is there a Facebook page or something where times and locations are posted regularly for EP smashfests? Or are these smashfests at constant locations/times?

@Phoenix
A 3.0 tournament would be amazing to partake in, seeing as the next Cruces 3.0 tournament is in April, haha.

Chzy

Smash Rookie
So this is my first post in a couple of years. I just moved back to cruces and have slowly been shaking off the melee rust. I've also been messing around with project m a bit. Anyone in the area who want to play some let me know. I even make it out to Alamo about once a month, so maybe we can all try to work something out.

Chzy

Smash Rookie
So this is my first post in a couple of years. I just moved back to cruces and have slowly been shaking off the melee rust. I've also been messing around with project m a bit. Anyone in the area who want to play some let me know. I even make it out to Alamo about once a month, so maybe we can all try to work something out.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
Yo! I remember I played you like 2 days before you moved to Washington( I think?). I'd be down to play again if you'd like :)

There's gonna be a smashfest tomorrow in El Paso on the West side, which would probably be your best bet at meeting most of the melee community in your region.

Last edited:

Chzy

Smash Rookie
Yeah that was right before I moved to Seattle. Good times! Right now I work Saturdays but I'm trying to change that. Do you guys play every Saturday? If so I'll try to bring a cruces crew with me sometime soon.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
Yeah that was right before I moved to Seattle. Good times! Right now I work Saturdays but I'm trying to change that. Do you guys play every Saturday? If so I'll try to bring a cruces crew with me sometime soon.
There's been a meeting every Saturday for at least 2 months minus last week because of holidays.

Sir Skaro

Smash Apprentice
Chzy! Fellow Las Crucian! I'd love to play some Project M with you some time. I'm available Tuesdays and Sundays any time, and in the mornings every other day until college starts back up again.

Chzy

Smash Rookie
Chzy! Fellow Las Crucian! I'd love to play some Project M with you some time. I'm available Tuesdays and Sundays any time, and in the mornings every other day until college starts back up again.
Awesome I have Monday through Wednesday off for now. Want to game it up next week?

MasterDeltron

Smash Rookie
Just a quick rundown of who I am
>Alamgordo
>Used to be apart of Sierra Vista crew back in the day
>Quit for a while
>Back in action
>Need to get good again

borre619

Smash Rookie
Lets play once a week man, Smash community is growing up fast and I was thinking in 1 or 2 hours per week of melee/PM to get ready for the upcoming tournaments (possibly EVO, or regionals). I am studying and working at NMSU and brief weekly meetings will work for me, tell me what you think.

Seetoe

Smash Rookie
lol oh **** people are posting in here

Whatsup

I live in Alamo but I basically hang with the El Paso guys. If people wanna play with me on weekdays Im usually free. Send me a PM on here and I may or may not check it in a week. Also Mr. Deltronison we gotsta play!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

It is an honor to announce that am hosting the return of an MLG (Major League Gaming) supported event in Houston Tx on May 3rd-4th 2014. This event, as well as other MLG supported events in the USA over the next 5 months, determine if Brawl/Melee/PM make it into the official MLG season schedule. This event, if supported to the max, will not only mean great things for the current smash games but can also help our future in Smash 4. Please go to this event and show MLG we want smash taken to the next level.

SWF Link:
http://smashboards.com/threads/may-3-2014-whobo-mlg-houston-special-edition-houston-tx.348315/

AiB Link:
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=14466

FaceBook Link:
https://www.facebook.com/events/278250605676938/?

NOTE: There is a player cap of 200 entrants so if you plan on supporting this MLG event, please register asap.

Last edited:
3DS FC
5301-0744-1149

effendo

Smash Rookie
Wow, this is really exciting. I never knew there was a smash scene in Albuquerque. I go to college in California most of the year, but I'm in Abq during the summers. Been playing a lot of M and Melee these days. Maybe I'll get a chance to meet and play some of you in a few months.

Rigz

Smash Rookie
Odalay to my fellow New Mexicans. I'm looking for some casuals in Santa Fe and or Albuquerque. As Santa Fe is where I reside, if anyone knows of some weeklys or monthlys that are happening I would be happy to make it there.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

5 more days until online registration ends for WHOBO MLG Houston. You can still register (pay venue fee) at the door but it will be 40$ instead of 30$.

Some key things to remember:
AirBrushKing is donating a 100$ pot bonus to Melee and i am donating 100$ pot bonus to Brawl. No promises but we are working on a pot bonus for PM.

Melee gets MLG seeding points for the MLG 2014 championships in Anaheim. The top 32 players in Melee 1vs1 get these points. To claim them you must register at https://accounts.majorleaguegaming.com/account/new

There will be a trophy for Brawl and medals for all events (melee/PM/Brawl/ssb64)

Please bring a full set-up we really need them. Free drink vouchers and some custome smash posters are available to the first wave of people who bring full set-ups (wii/ssbb+ssbm/tv).

For more info on rules or anything WHOBO related including registration please go to the links below. If you have any questions, post in those 2 links and me or ABK will get back to you.

FB link: https://m.facebook.com/events/278250605676938

SWF link: http://smashboards.com/threads/may-...ition-brawl-melee-pm-64-200-pot-bonus.348315/

AllisBrawl link: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=14466#

iamanobody

Smash Rookie
anybody live in/around grants or alb and want to play sometime in the next two weeks/months? PM preferably but i'm willing to play other games too.

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Global Reddit meetup, Smashboards tournament, or stay home and don't do shiet.

Choices, choices.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol well here are some quick updates.
October 11th is a 3ds tournament at Gamers West.
October 18th has the PM and melee tournaments. That is also at Gamers Anonymous.

LyricalFluffer

Smash Rookie
Yeah I've joined the New Mexico Smash Scene. I also created a Facebook page for Roswell specifically called Roswell SMASH.
Send me a message if you're in Roswell and would like to play some Melee.

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Looking to trade 3DS codes witih people in the Albuquerque area, so there won't be as much lag playing online matches.

Let me know if you're adding me and I'll add you right back!

Kismet

Smash Rookie
Hello my friends. My name is Paul. I moved away from NM 5 years ago. I'm back here in Farmington and wanted to say hi. My old account was "BTK". I believe the last tournament I attended was back in 09? When DSF and some other cats from Texas came. Have not played in those 5 years and I'm so excited about ssb4. Feels to be back!

YellowSnowDemon

Smash Rookie
If anyone in the Farmington/4 corners area is interested, some friends and I are trying to get a group together to play fighting games. We play Smash and Street Fighter 4. We're pretty terrible, but we need more players! We have a Facebook group called FarmingtonFightClub. I would love to have tournaments in this area again.
@ Kismet Kismet I think I played against you in the first Farmington Brawl tournament at the mall. I was the Snake player that lost to you in the finals.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Oh hello, New Mexico. I am inside of you and I desire to smash brothers. I moved here to Santa Fe from Springfield, Missouri about a week ago. Last time I was here, I remember there only being activity in ABQ and not really anywhere else, but I do have a decent job so I will be able to finance travel in the near future. I am a Falco/Weegee main and I am pretty decent so I hope to become as active as possible in the scene. I see this thread is inactive, however, so I will venture to the facebook groups and see if there is any activity there.

I play melee only btw.

Last edited:

Oracle

Smash Master
Event pages for Aftershock are up! $3000 prize pool, 6000 sq. ft venue, and top player from across the southwest! Remember, if you are in the Top 8 of the aftershock Rankings (at tourneylocator.com/aftershockrankings), then not only do you get free entry/venue, you will be automatically qualified for the top 16 final bracket!

Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/423...lter=upcoming&source=49&sid_create=2403987848

Smashboards Thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/mar-...m-melee-top-players-from-arlington-tx.387430/

Top Bottom