• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Wretched, I'm thrilled to see you hungry for melee. Although nobody has been replying to your posts, trust me. The leftover smashers here still care. Although I like your idea about a hardcore all-day session in Santa Fe, here's a counter-proposal.

One of us will pick you up and drive back to ABQ, where I'll host another fest. The events will be exactly as you described. We'll moneymatch, we'll eat a meal outside, some of us will get high, and, if needed, people are welcome to spend the night. This way you'll get a chance to play with everyone. Due to upcoming finals, the date probably won't be until Saturday, May 11.

I already like you even though I haven't met you yet:
(1) you play chess
(2) you're a metalhead
(3) you stream monstered NCR2013 - yeah i saw the chat ~_^
(4) you're still active on SWF (unlike the rest of us lol; add my number and start texting!) and engaged with the community for a 12-year-old game. this means you're MUCH more likely to stick around as a lasting member here, unlike most NM veterans who either switched permanently to traditional fighting games or quit the scene altogether.

All of the above makes me VERY excited to gimp your falco multiple times and take your money :falconmelee::troll::falconmelee:

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Wretched, I'm thrilled to see you hungry for melee. Although nobody has been replying to your posts, trust me. The leftover smashers here still care. Although I like your idea about a hardcore all-day session in Santa Fe, here's a counter-proposal.

One of us will pick you up and drive back to ABQ, where I'll host another fest. The events will be exactly as you described. We'll moneymatch, we'll eat a meal outside, some of us will get high, and, if needed, people are welcome to spend the night. This way you'll get a chance to play with everyone. Due to upcoming finals, the date probably won't be until Saturday, May 11.

I already like you even though I haven't met you yet:
(1) you play chess
(2) you're a metalhead
(3) you stream monstered NCR2013 - yeah i saw the chat ~_^
(4) you're still active on SWF (unlike the rest of us lol; add my number and start texting!) and engaged with the community for a 12-year-old game. this means you're MUCH more likely to stick around as a lasting member here, unlike most NM veterans who either switched permanently to traditional fighting games or quit the scene altogether.

All of the above makes me VERY excited to gimp your falco multiple times and take your money :falconmelee::troll::falconmelee:
If anyone were to be so graceful as to actually give me a ride so I could play with albarbequerque, I'd be willing to pay an inordinate amount of gas money. I like this plan and I look forward to participating.
1) Indeed.
2) Indeed. I do vocal covers and they're on youtube if anyone wants to check them out ;-; http://youtube.com/user/wretchedpg/
3)STREAM MONSTER IS A STRONG WORD
4) No cell phone right now, unfortunately. And I guess so. I've been playing Melee since I was 8 and there has never been a doubt that this game was for me.

Also you'll probably take my money. Haven't played a game since WinterGameFest in San Diego.

wraith55

Smash Apprentice
Yo wretched, I would like to say a trip up to santa fe sounds quite fun, however, I'm currently super busy with school and ish. I will definitely be more active on here over the summer (and not when finals are happening). I'll get together with Neil and we'll figure out a time when we can get you down here or get us up there.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol ya we do. Although we have been out of the scene for a bit. After Ninja Warrior is done, our time will be a little more open for tournies haha.
I rarely attend fests sadly tho. I will try making myself more available tho :D

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol I promise I will be more active. Speaking of, when is the next tournament?!
Anytime starting next month and I should be free :D

wraith55

Smash Apprentice
We really should have a tournament. We'd have to plan it in advance though. I don't have any venue ideas either.

r3d d09

Smash Master
Hey guys, do any of you have Sinz LDS email? I lost it :( If you have it or know someone who does, can you throw me a PM please.

EDIT: Got the email and PO box address. All good.

icer18

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, so I'm in Albuquerque for the summer for an internship, and I was wondering if any of you wanted to play. I'm a Fox main and I'm looking to get better. Also, I'm living on campus at UNM, but I don't have a TV.

Light_

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone, so I'm in Albuquerque for the summer for an internship, and I was wondering if any of you wanted to play. I'm a Fox main and I'm looking to get better. Also, I'm living on campus at UNM, but I don't have a TV.

Hey there. I'm totally down to play melee sometime. I literally haven't played since I went to Apex 2013 so I've been itching to practice. Where you from?

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Welcome to New Mexico! Sorry you waited a depressing 6 days for a response here; we keep in touch via text messaging, the NM-ISM forum, and Facebook instead. Since I'm never on FB, I'll introduce myself now: I'm Neil. Call or text me any time at (505) 400 - 9215.

Coincidentally, I'm hosting a smashfest today (Thursday, June 13). Naturally, you're invited! My gatherings typically start at noon, go all day, and end past midnight. We usually grab fast food in the evening together, and people are welcome to sleep over if needed. Need a ride? I can arrange for someone to pick you up - fortunately, a lot of smashers in our community live right by UNM.

I don't know what games you play, but I guarantee Melee, Brawl, Project M, and traditional fighting games (e.g. Street Fighter, Marvel vs. Capcom). Our circle of friends who specialize in smash don't meet frequently, and tournaments are rare, but you'll nonetheless encounter a formidable scene here. I'd greatly appreciate it if you could bring something - controllers, consoles, maybe even TVs or monitors!

My house is just off Montgomery and Wyoming - the address is 3905 General Bradley Street NE / Albuquerque, NM 87111. Hope to see you!

icer18

Smash Rookie
Hey there. I'm totally down to play melee sometime. I literally haven't played since I went to Apex 2013 so I've been itching to practice. Where you from?
I'm from NJ. Are you free to play anytime this weekend?

Welcome to New Mexico! Sorry you waited a depressing 6 days for a response here; we keep in touch via text messaging, the NM-ISM forum, and Facebook instead. Since I'm never on FB, I'll introduce myself now: I'm Neil. Call or text me any time at (505) 400 - 9215.

Coincidentally, I'm hosting a smashfest today (Thursday, June 13). Naturally, you're invited! My gatherings typically start at noon, go all day, and end past midnight. We usually grab fast food in the evening together, and people are welcome to sleep over if needed. Need a ride? I can arrange for someone to pick you up - fortunately, a lot of smashers in our community live right by UNM.

I don't know what games you play, but I guarantee Melee, Brawl, Project M, and traditional fighting games (e.g. Street Fighter, Marvel vs. Capcom). Our circle of friends who specialize in smash don't meet frequently, and tournaments are rare, but you'll nonetheless encounter a formidable scene here. I'd greatly appreciate it if you could bring something - controllers, consoles, maybe even TVs or monitors!

My house is just off Montgomery and Wyoming - the address is 3905 General Bradley Street NE / Albuquerque, NM 87111. Hope to see you!
That sounds great! I won't be able to make it until around 6 since i get off work today at 5. I can bring a console and some controllers but i don't have a tv. I'll also send you a text just to confirm.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Whats up Mexico? I would like to invite you all to Whobo 5 National Tournament going down on Oct 19-20 at Zuma Fun Center. We have a trophy/medals as prizes for 1st place winners along with a $300 pot bonus that continues to grow. Your not only competing in brawl, we also have melee and 64 tournaments as well. For rooming there is a Holiday Inn across the street and there is a special room rate of $89.99 per night. For more information about hotels or free housing check the threads and website below. Looking forward to seeing who will be this years 1st place champions and see you there!

Online Venue and Registration: http://airbrushking.net/tournaments/whobo5

Smashboards Thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/whob...-2013-houston-tx-300-pot-bonus-so-far.336437/

Facebook RSVP: https://www.facebook.com/events/384791671639249

Allisbrawl: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=14183

Fishamin

Smash Rookie
Hi all. I recently moved to Alamogordo and I'm looking for ppl to play smash (melee, brawl, project m) with. From what ive seen so far there isnt much of a scene where i live but hopefully i can get some ppl to play with through this post

Napos

Smash Ace
Hi all. I recently moved to Alamogordo and I'm looking for ppl to play smash (melee, brawl, project m) with. From what ive seen so far there isnt much of a scene where i live but hopefully i can get some ppl to play with through this post

Only Competitive scene is in ABQ.
P:M and Melee gather often.

Brawl, hardly, almost...never.

tekkie

Smash Master
oh joy wofl dittoes :secretkpop:

melee: upper S = good to go, lower S = you're pushing it, A = gimmick, B = sandbagging, F = some kind of sick joke

Crazy Ivan 505

Smash Rookie
Just got back into smash and i'm learning how to play again. I'm being play a lot brawl and just download Project M and trying out and have been enjoying it. i am about too get a copy of melee in a couple days. I live in Albuquerque. If anyone is down too train and help me learn the game just let me now. I'm always open too learning any of the games.

tekkie

Smash Master
i won't be living in NM anymore; i start my drive across the country on the early morning of the 22nd, will be in Missouri that night

when are you gonna be around ABQ?

Top Bottom