• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mewtwo announced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeAuTh

Smash Rookie
Pokemon smash has just officially announced a new Pokemon that is strikingly similar to Mewtwo. Pics and Video here: http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml
Seeing as Mewtwo was in Melee, this could really affect the Pokemon Roster in the next Smash game. This could easily mean that Zoroark or Genesect or even the original Mewtwo might not be included so that Newtwo can be. However, nothing has been announced regarding its relation to Mewtwo and could just be a mere look a like, but it could still change the roster for SSB4.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
To be fair, I don't see Mewthree getting in before Mewtwo. Wouldn't mind him though. :)

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
We have no idea whether this new pokemon is Mewthree or an alternate form of Mewtwo. He looks awesome though.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
To be fair, I don't see Mewthree getting in before Mewtwo. Wouldn't mind him though. :)
Mew3 can easily be an ALT costume for Mewtwo. But based off of the trailer (For those who haven't seen it):
This thing knows some new tricks

Phonz

Smash Cadet
I believe this new pokemon is somehow one way or another tied to mewtwo and with the high demand for mewtwo and the developers' desire to represent new gens this "Mewthree" is gonna be in along with maybe Zoroark

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I hated him on the movie poster. Now that I see the full artwork, I love him.
I would like though to have also the original Mewtwo in Sm4sh.
Alternate costumes is the answer. PLS SAKURAI

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Alternative costumes wouldn't really work, animations still have to be changed as Melee Mewtwo has a lot of tail-based attacks. All those would have to be reverted to Mew3XY attacking with it's head. Which imo would look better fit for a Psychic type.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So that's why I'm thinking it's gonna be only one of them. Unless Mewtwo appears as a Samus / Zero Suit Samus sort of fighter. Which is still entirely possible. It could be a total new gimmick perhaps. Which in the end could still mean they're two different characters, but clones. Specials and stats being mostly the same, but with small tweaks in regular attacks. More unique than Mario / Dr.Mario, but less unique than say, Ness / Lucas and Fox / Falco / Wolf.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Hmm... not sure how I feel about this. Maybe as Mewtwos final smash. But Mewtwo still is preferred as the main playable character as far as i'm concerned.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Yeah, what Scoliosis said...

I admit too though that the new Mewtwo form looks better now that we see it in full artwork, than it did on that movie poster.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
Hmm... not sure how I feel about this. Maybe as Mewtwos final smash. But Mewtwo still is preferred as the main playable character as far as i'm concerned.
I completely agree with this, while we might see 'Newtwo" in some form in the next Smash I would most likely imagine him appearing in the form of Mewtwo's Final Smash. I would also imagine that the coming Extremespeed Genesect: Mewtwo's Awakening will have a lot to do with Newtwo, however, the primary focus will still most likely revolve around Genesect and Mewtwo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom