1. Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 140,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 14 million posted discussions!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2. The official Nintendo White Controller is on sale for under $40 right now! Get it before the price increases!

3. Looking for the perfect gift for that Smasher in your life? Maybe even yourself? Use the Smashboards Store to get any awesome Smash accessories, like a Nintendo White Controller! Please check out the inventory in our store and support Smashboards with your purchase today!

New Mewtwo announced?

Discussion in 'SSB4 Character Discussion' started by DeAuTh, Apr 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeAuTh

DeAuTh Smash Rookie

Pokemon smash has just officially announced a new Pokemon that is strikingly similar to Mewtwo. Pics and Video here: http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml
    Seeing as Mewtwo was in Melee, this could really affect the Pokemon Roster in the next Smash game. This could easily mean that Zoroark or Genesect or even the original Mewtwo might not be included so that Newtwo can be. However, nothing has been announced regarding its relation to Mewtwo and could just be a mere look a like, but it could still change the roster for SSB4.
    Carlo_H.Luz likes this.
  2. BluePikmin11

BluePikmin11 Smash Legend

Sakurai already got it planned before Mewthree. :awesome:
  3. Diddy Kong

Diddy Kong Smash Legend

Count me in as a supporter!
    Carlo_H.Luz likes this.
  4. FalKoopa

FalKoopa Blue, Green and Yellow

• Back Roomer

To be fair, I don't see Mewthree getting in before Mewtwo. Wouldn't mind him though. :)
  5. ZeldaMaster

ZeldaMaster Smash Ace

We have no idea whether this new pokemon is Mewthree or an alternate form of Mewtwo. He looks awesome though.
  6. Moon Monkey

Moon Monkey Smash Hero

3DS Friend Code:
    1547-5251-4776
    Nintendo Network ID:
    Rudy-The-Ferret
    Mew3 can easily be an ALT costume for Mewtwo. But based off of the trailer (For those who haven't seen it):

This thing knows some new tricks
  7. Phonz

Phonz Smash Cadet

I believe this new pokemon is somehow one way or another tied to mewtwo and with the high demand for mewtwo and the developers' desire to represent new gens this "Mewthree" is gonna be in along with maybe Zoroark
  8. Vintage Creep

Vintage Creep Smash Master

Nintendo Network ID:
    VintageCreep
    I hated him on the movie poster. Now that I see the full artwork, I love him.
    I would like though to have also the original Mewtwo in Sm4sh.
    Alternate costumes is the answer. PLS SAKURAI
  9. Diddy Kong

Diddy Kong Smash Legend

Alternative costumes wouldn't really work, animations still have to be changed as Melee Mewtwo has a lot of tail-based attacks. All those would have to be reverted to Mew3XY attacking with it's head. Which imo would look better fit for a Psychic type.
  10. FalKoopa

FalKoopa Blue, Green and Yellow

• Back Roomer

Mew3 could always stand upside-down. :laugh:
  11. Diddy Kong

Diddy Kong Smash Legend

So that's why I'm thinking it's gonna be only one of them. Unless Mewtwo appears as a Samus / Zero Suit Samus sort of fighter. Which is still entirely possible. It could be a total new gimmick perhaps. Which in the end could still mean they're two different characters, but clones. Specials and stats being mostly the same, but with small tweaks in regular attacks. More unique than Mario / Dr.Mario, but less unique than say, Ness / Lucas and Fox / Falco / Wolf.
  12. Scoliosis Jones

Scoliosis Jones Is Mayonnaise an Instrument?

3DS Friend Code:
    1762-3194-1826
    Nintendo Network ID:
    ScoliosisxJones
    Hmm... not sure how I feel about this. Maybe as Mewtwos final smash. But Mewtwo still is preferred as the main playable character as far as i'm concerned.
  13. Ridley_Prime

Ridley_Prime Badass warrior princess of the cosmos

• Premium
    3DS Friend Code:
    0774-4845-6886
    Nintendo Network ID:
    AlphaWarDragon87
    Yeah, what Scoliosis said...

I admit too though that the new Mewtwo form looks better now that we see it in full artwork, than it did on that movie poster.
  14. kikaru

kikaru Smash Ace

Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
    3DS Friend Code:
    0705-2807-1422
    I completely agree with this, while we might see 'Newtwo" in some form in the next Smash I would most likely imagine him appearing in the form of Mewtwo's Final Smash. I would also imagine that the coming Extremespeed Genesect: Mewtwo's Awakening will have a lot to do with Newtwo, however, the primary focus will still most likely revolve around Genesect and Mewtwo.
  15. 8-peacock-8

8-peacock-8 Smash Hero

MewThree makes me laugh but i wouldn't mind seeing him.
  16. Mario_and_Sonic_Guy

Mario_and_Sonic_Guy Cosmic Beauty

• Premium
    3DS Friend Code:
    5327-1637-5096
    Nintendo Network ID:
    TPitch5
    Until we know more about the new Mewtwo form, this topic should be in the Mewtwo thread.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.