• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Luigi Technique

Drasil

Smash Rookie
NNID
Drasil

I'm pretty new to the Competetive Smash-scene, even though I have been playing Melee much as a child and played Brawl alot, so it might already be a known Luigi thing, but I'll bring it out there in case it isn't.

While practicing my Luigi the other day I discovered something funny. When dropping off any platform you can sweetspot a jump and skip the jumping animation to instantly land ontop of the platform. This can lead to quick ground-based moves and can be quite surprising. I'm now trying to incoporate this into my playstyle and have tried a few combos with the technique.

One of the coolest things about this technique is when Shield dropping through the platform, jumping and Shield Grabbing instantly when landing on the platform as shown in the video. After the grab you thrown up or down and follow up with an Up + B for a low percentage kill on certain stages if you're standing on the highest platform!

TobiasXK

Smash Ace
while this has been known kinda forever, i think it's sick that as a "pretty new" competitive smasher, you're already noticing and experimenting with stuff like this and thinking about it in relation to situations and other tech that you know (like shield-dropping). =j

Drasil

Smash Rookie
NNID
Drasil
Thanks for the threads and videoes guys! I expected the technique to actually exist, but I couldn't find any information about it so I had to ask here. :) Thank you for the nice words, TobiasXK! Very appreciated. :D

Top Bottom