• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Kirby, Mario and Luigi Songs For Smash 4

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer

Mario and Luigi music in Smash? Fawful Assist Trophy confirmed???

Nintendo's official Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS site was recently updated with two new songs. One is from Kirby in the form of a Green Greens arrangement, and the second is from the Mario and Luigi RPG series. The first is fairly par for the course, but the Mario and Luigi series is a bit of a curveball for a game like Smash. Perhaps we'll see a Mario and Luigi themed stage in Smash Bros. 3DS? Of course, both songs are superbly arranged - take a listen below!

Kirby: Green Greens Ver. 2

Mario and Luigi: Try, Try Again
What other songs do you hope to hear in the new Smash Bros? Do you think this music hints at anything larger? Make your voice heard in the comments below!

The Derrit is tired but loves Yoko Shimomura, so he had to make this known. Follow him at @TheDerrit on Twitter.

Anthuhny

Smash Cadet
The boss music in Dream Team is soooooo good :) I hope that gets in as well!

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
Green Greens, I'm happy now. :)

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Don't say there is a Fawful assist trophy with no basis

this is my hopes and dreams you're playing with
I HAVE FURY!

...at this misleading announcement. Damn you SmashBoards! *waves fist angrily*

Takao

Smash Rookie
I like this arrangement of Green Greens. I'll be looking forward to hearing it in the game.

Master Jelly

Smash Cadet
Imo there are much better songs from the Mario and Luigi series than the one chosen. Oh well, Sakurai can try, try again. Other than that all the other music selections so far sound great.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I'm not familiar with the Mario and Luigi one, but I am with Green Greens. I hope there is an upbeat version like this one.

Last edited:

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
I hope they have the Princess Shroom battle theme from Partners In Time in there.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Whoops. Guess everyone reading this will have already seen it right? Why waste my spare time writing up info people are interested in?

>_>
For some reason I read revealed today. Sorry.

Edit: Probably because the front page still said "At some point during today's flurry of Smash information, Nintendo's official Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS site was updated with two new songs." when I saw this article.

Last edited:

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
I love the Green Greens remix to death! But I think the M&L battle theme from Dream Team is a train wreck. The original version sounds so amazing while the remix sounds like random techno sounds and bares no resemblance to the actual song. I guess that's what you get when Yoko Shimomura is only the arrangement supervisor.

D

Deleted member

I think these were shown yesterday, but hey, it's pretty cool.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
We got bath time and mega man medley a few days ago as well. Sounds like mega man and nintendogs are confirmed.

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
This soundtrack is going to be incredible. So glad Club Nintendo is giving it out. <3

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
The Try, Try, Again theme will probably be on the Paper Mario stage.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Aww don't do that man, saying there's a Fawful assist trophy confirmed when there actually isn't yet! He's my most wanted assist trophy...lo.

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
Imo there are much better songs from the Mario and Luigi series than the one chosen.
I totally agree. On top of that I feel this arrangement isn't as good as the original. The main beat seems to have been quieted and even changed a bit. It sort of ruins the whole song. But oh well! It's not a BAD song by any means. Just not what we were expecting!

zero sum

Smash Apprentice
since the leak's probably real and there's an enormous amount of mario stuff coming into this game, i'm hoping this track makes it in; although i think bowser's inside story was my least favorite m&l game, this has always stuck on me, and is probably my favorite song from the entire series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQs9vVdLsK8
(bowser's inside story – boss battle)

Last edited:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Can't say I'm surprised that the Kirby song is one of the best sounding ones revealed so far.

Next Up: HQ samples of Kid Icarus music.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
The TTA arrangement sucks, really...especially compared to the greatness of the original.

Pokefan203

Smash Apprentice
Whoops. Guess everyone reading this will have already seen it right? Why waste my spare time writing up info people are interested in?

>_>
I heard about it, though never actually listened to it. So I'm fine with it, because I forget things easily!

Top Bottom