• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Gamestop is selling Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for $19.99 on Wii U. Guess they are tying to clear stock before 4U comes out...

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
What do you guys think of a 1 stock, 3 minute ruleset for Brawl? I'm kind of down for this idea. I might even start up my Texas Crusade Series again with this ruleset. Thoughts?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
What do you guys think of a 1 stock, 3 minute ruleset for Brawl? I'm kind of down for this idea. I might even start up my Texas Crusade Series again with this ruleset. Thoughts?
For what purpose?

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
There are a few uneducated people out there (who, sadly, have a way of making their voice heard over most others) who literally think the reason why Brawl is sinking is because the game is slow. 1 stock matches would speed it up.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
it's more the players fault for games being longer with the way they play, not the game itself. They chose this path for themselves.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
B- but play to win...30 minute sets are fun...

Tesh

Smash Hero
Last few posts pretty much sum it up.

People who run tournaments might see the merits of it (like you ALSM). People who have been successful with a ruleset similar to whats standard will scoff at it (like Razer). Top players outnumber TOs and anyone not in those categories will just be seen as irrelevant.

I was a strong supporter of 1 stock when Concentrate ran it and when it was a side event in TX. It does solve some issues with this game, but at this point its right up there with banning MK or making a fair stage selection system. The people the community lost to long matches vs MK on Smashville are long gone and fixing those problems wont bring them back. It would likely just alienate the people that are fine with the way Brawl is now.

If you are looking to be a more creative and thoughtful TO, look to the future and see to it that rulesets around you don't stagnate into something horrible in Smash 4.

GosuGuy

Smash Rookie
Hey there. I used to compete at planet zero a lot under the tag "Mr. Fantastic." I did OK in street fighter, but I've followed smash for years and years. I'm wondering what the best way to get better is (brawl/melee/project M), is there some sort of weekly event, like insomnia, for smash?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Dude, Taco Bell will start serving breakfast this Thursday. It will be gut wrenching interesting.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Hey there. I used to compete at planet zero a lot under the tag "Mr. Fantastic." I did OK in street fighter, but I've followed smash for years and years. I'm wondering what the best way to get better is (brawl/melee/project M), is there some sort of weekly event, like insomnia, for smash?
Other than the big Smash event in May, I'm not too sure of anything else going on in Houston. RT, does Sync still hold events at his place?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
People just show up for smash. It depends who is there...basically hit or miss.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Went to Zuma today to hang the window poster and post flyers all over the building. I gave them 150 mini flyers to hand out to all there guests and will give them 150 more when they run out. I got word that next year they will be turning Zuma into a waterpark and remodeling the place. They will still keep the arcade games just adding a waterpark onto what they already have. Good news to hear and will keep them on my list of venues for venues in the future!

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
RT, my team consists of Pidgey, Fire starter, bulbasaur, bug flying guy, farfetch'd, monkey water guy. Is that a solid team for beginning of the game?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
6/10, needs more Diggersby.

Trailer for new X-men movie. Looks okay.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Well a link would have been appreciated RT.

Just saw it. I'm confused lol. I think I need to catch up. The last X-Men movie I saw was when they first started the school and the cuban missile crisis.

I want to see the new Captain America movie though. The latest trailer looks good.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The X-men movie follows the storyline of the same name in the comics.

So...yeah. You can read the summary of the storyline if you want.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Get ready for the first mutant/the mutant that can't be killed.

APOCALYPSE

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I tried the Taco Bell breakfast.

Not terrible, but it would never be my first choice ever.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Super Smash Bros...MELEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
But at least you know.

Now when someone suggest stopping at Taco Bell for breakfast, you can plead, "Please no, if you respect human life, don't eat there!!!!!!11!!1"

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Whobo MLG (May 3-4) Online registration ends Apr 28 so if you havent pre-registered do so to reserve your spot at http://airbrushking.net/tournaments/whobomlg. Playstation All-Stars has been added to the lineup featuring Singles, Doubles and a Side event. You will need a wristband to enter the venue and I will be making a post once we have 25 spots left. If I dont make the post that means you can still come to Whobo because we didnt max out. To make Whobo run smooth we need full setups so please bring whatever you have. Special prize will be given to the 1st 5 players that bring a full setup for Brawl, Melee & Project M will receive a FREE Whobo Poster and a drink coupon. MLG will be streaming this entire event. I have a special guest that will be in attendance that will be taking pictures and giving out giveaways. We are going to be making a special announcement for the new championship series along with premiering the reveal trailer. Im looking forward to another great event and I will see you all there!

Whats at stake for Whobo MLG?

#1: 1st place Diamond Motif Trophy awarded to Brawl singles champion!

#2: 1st place Medals awarded to all champions for all games!

#3: 200$ Total Pot Bonus to Brawl/100$ and Melee/100$!

#4: MLG circuit points to the top 64 players of Melee!

#5: Additional Prizes (To be announced)

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Congratulations on your appearance Isabelle! I also have another important announcement. On 4/8, at 3 PM PST (8/4 11 PM UK time), we'll be airing a Super Smash Bros. Direct!! There will be all kinds of info about the new Smash Bros. games on this simultaneous global stream that will be delivered "directly" to you, so don't miss it! You'll be able to watch the stream from the official site (www.smashbros.com).

Well, guess I know what I'm doing on Tuesday after lunch at work lol.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You eat lunch at 5PM CST?

Terrible.

Last edited:

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Lol, Totally read that wrong. Did 2 hours backwards instead of forward.. Welp I'm out of it.. RT add me on pokemon plz.

Top Bottom