• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NisforSmash

Smash Journeyman
NONONO STAHPIT! YOUR ALL WRONG!

shrek isn't the next character but rather a piece to this intricate puzzle.

Shrek has his partner Donkey in the movie who represents of course Donkey Kong.

Donkey says in the movie and i quote, "I helped rescue the princess. I did half the work. I get half the booty"

Princess refers to all the series' that have a princess that require rescuing BUT that's not what we're looking for here. The key was shrek, not donkey so we're looking for the other "half of the work" and the other "half of the booty".

Remember the old Mario game where you had to jump over barrels to get to the princess whom DONKEY KONG had stolen?

" I did half the work. I get half the booty." Donkey Kong had supposedly been taking "peach" away from mario and so mario was just trying to retrieve her but this is all wrong. Donkey Kong was instead taking Daisy. Half the work. Half the booty. There wasn't 1 princess there were 2! Mario got peach from bowser after saving her and Donkey Kong and mario agreed on letting donkey kong keep daisy who bowser didn't present at the final level. Polygamy wasn't very popular in the 90's and would likely cause an uproar so it was implied.

"But i thought luigi had daisy?" NO! THAT'S BULLSHAT! LUIGI COULD BARELY SAVE HIS OWN BROTHER IN ONE HOUSE AND NOW YOUR TRYING TO TELL ME HE WENT ACROSS AN ENTIRE KINGDOM TO SAVE A PRINCESS?

Donkey kong went against mario and tried to take daisy but as we know mario ends up winning her back so now he has 2 princesses. Half the work. Half the booty. The key was shrek and we're leaving out all princesses.

"Half the work. Half the booty." If you think about it, this means haphazardly. Do half the work. Save half your booty. Out of all the smash games Brawl is the most haphazardly made. Take out the donkey kong series from brawl's cast. Your left with 33 characters. Double the number of characters in a series with a princess. instead of 9 you have 18. Add the extra 9 to the total character count and what do you get? 42 the number pm is at right now.

Shrek is the key. There are 5 shrek movies. the 5th was cancelled in 2009. 1 year after brawl came out. 42 + 5 = 47. 2+0+0+9 is 11.
Well, if you add 4+7, you get 11.

FURTHERMORE, if you add 1+1, you get 2.

Which means we're getting 2 more character announcements like with Project M 3.0 around when that tournament goes live. It all makes sense now.
/tinfoil hat
2 also refers to number 2. The second smash brothers. The second shrek movie. The best characters in melee are known as the top 8. 8/26 is 1/3. Multiply that by 3, the number of shrek movies left, and you get 1. 8 + 1 = 9. 9 is the number of letters in the name MUFFIN MAN. In the movie shrek 2 the muffin man helped create MONGO a giant gingerbread man who broke down the castle walls. Mongo is 1 letter away from mango. Mango has 1 son known as Mango jr. Mango got sponsored by cloud 9. 9 - 1 = 8. Mango jr. will main the melee top 8. 9 + 1 = 10. Mango jr. will be sponsored by cloud 10. Multiply every number in this post in reverse to get the date when that will happen.

10 * 10 * 1 * 9 * 8 * 8 *1 *9 *9 * 1 *1 *2 *9 *9 *1 *8 *1 *3 *1/3 *8/26 *8 *2 *2 *3 *2 *2 *1 *1 *11 *7 *4 * 11 * 9 * 0 *0 *2 * 47 *2 *47 * 5 *42 *1 *2009 *5 *5 *42*9*18 * 9 * 33 * 2 * 90 * 2 *1

You get 0. The number doesn't exist. Tiers don exits. Tires don't exist. In Brawl wario had a bike with 2 tires. there are 4 exits or boundaries off the stage in smash but tires don exits so there are 0 exits per 2 tires. 4 represents the number of characters in the year that mango jr. will be sponsored by cloud 10. 2 tires. 0 exits.
2 tired. 0 exit. 2 try. 0x. 2y0x. This is the year when Mango Jr. will dominate smash.

2y0x confirmed.

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
NONONO STAHPIT! YOUR ALL WRONG!

shrek isn't the next character but rather a piece to this intricate puzzle.

Shrek has his partner Donkey in the movie who represents of course Donkey Kong.

Donkey says in the movie and i quote, "I helped rescue the princess. I did half the work. I get half the booty"

Princess refers to all the series' that have a princess that require rescuing BUT that's not what we're looking for here. The key was shrek, not donkey so we're looking for the other "half of the work" and the other "half of the booty".

Remember the old Mario game where you had to jump over barrels to get to the princess whom DONKEY KONG had stolen?

" I did half the work. I get half the booty." Donkey Kong had supposedly been taking "peach" away from mario and so mario was just trying to retrieve her but this is all wrong. Donkey Kong was instead taking Daisy. Half the work. Half the booty. There wasn't 1 princess there were 2! Mario got peach from bowser after saving her and Donkey Kong and mario agreed on letting donkey kong keep daisy who bowser didn't present at the final level. Polygamy wasn't very popular in the 90's and would likely cause an uproar so it was implied.

"But i thought luigi had daisy?" NO! THAT'S BULLSHAT! LUIGI COULD BARELY SAVE HIS OWN BROTHER IN ONE HOUSE AND NOW YOUR TRYING TO TELL ME HE WENT ACROSS AN ENTIRE KINGDOM TO SAVE A PRINCESS?

Donkey kong went against mario and tried to take daisy but as we know mario ends up winning her back so now he has 2 princesses. Half the work. Half the booty. The key was shrek and we're leaving out all princesses.

"Half the work. Half the booty." If you think about it, this means haphazardly. Do half the work. Save half your booty. Out of all the smash games Brawl is the most haphazardly made. Take out the donkey kong series from brawl's cast. Your left with 33 characters. Double the number of characters in a series with a princess. instead of 9 you have 18. Add the extra 9 to the total character count and what do you get? 42 the number pm is at right now.

Shrek is the key. There are 5 shrek movies. the 5th was cancelled in 2009. 1 year after brawl came out. 42 + 5 = 47. 2+0+0+9 is 11.

2 also refers to number 2. The second smash brothers. The second shrek movie. The best characters in melee are known as the top 8. 8/26 is 1/3. Multiply that by 3, the number of shrek movies left, and you get 1. 8 + 1 = 9. 9 is the number of letters in the name MUFFIN MAN. In the movie shrek 2 the muffin man helped create MONGO a giant gingerbread man who broke down the castle walls. Mongo is 1 letter away from mango. Mango has 1 son known as Mango jr. Mango got sponsored by cloud 9. 9 - 1 = 8. Mango jr. will main the melee top 8. 9 + 1 = 10. Mango jr. will be sponsored by cloud 10. Multiply every number in this post in reverse to get the date when that will happen.

10 * 10 * 1 * 9 * 8 * 8 *1 *9 *9 * 1 *1 *2 *9 *9 *1 *8 *1 *3 *1/3 *8/26 *8 *2 *2 *3 *2 *2 *1 *1 *11 *7 *4 * 11 * 9 * 0 *0 *2 * 47 *2 *47 * 5 *42 *1 *2009 *5 *5 *42*9*18 * 9 * 33 * 2 * 90 * 2 *1

You get 0. The number doesn't exist. Tiers don exits. Tires don't exist. In Brawl wario had a bike with 2 tires. there are 4 exits or boundaries off the stage in smash but tires don exits so there are 0 exits per 2 tires. 4 represents the number of characters in the year that mango jr. will be sponsored by cloud 10. 2 tires. 0 exits.
2 tired. 0 exit. 2 try. 0x. 2y0x. This is the year when Mango Jr. will dominate smash.

2y0x confirmed.
That was beautiful.

TRJV

Smash Journeyman

. . .Actually, Donkey Cranky Kong kidnapped Mario's Girlfriend (at the time) Pauline.

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Yeah, saw that, sorry about the mix-up ... although you're wrong, Yoshi only has 10 costumes, each character has room for at least 12 I believe if Wario is any indication.
Still not the right thread.

And Wario, for whatever reason, is a special case. 10 is still the max

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Yeah, saw that, sorry about the mix-up ... although you're wrong, Yoshi only has 10 costumes, each character has room for at least 12 I believe if Wario is any indication.
The first mistake was posting on this thread.

The second, falsely stating the costume limit.

The third, and worst, is even for a second thinking that Shin was wrong about something.

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman
So anyway, does no one like my Metal Sonic concept? With the majority of Metal's moves taking note of abilities he can Copycat from the denizens of Mobius? Sonic's speed, Tails' flight, Knuckles' punching, Shadow's Chaos Control, Silver's ESP, Rogue's kicks, Blaze's pyrokinesis, Espio's ninjutsu, etc?

Last edited:

Cool Blue

Smash Journeyman
So anyway, does no one like my Metal Sonic concept? With the majority of Metal's moves taking note of abilities he can Copycat from the denizens of Mobius? Sonic's speed, Tails' flight, Knuckles' punching, Shadow's Chaos Control, Silver's ESP, Rogue's kicks, Blaze's pyrokinesis, Espio's ninjutsu, etc?
That sounds pretty nifty.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Sounds alright
I just don't think it'll happen

NisforSmash

Smash Journeyman
What if 47 actually means "for seven"? but who or what is "seven"?
the new number of characters they bumped it up to? so instead of 5...7. Like you would say "we're aiming for seven newcomers."
Or maybe it's for seven in the sense that they want to release something by the month of july.
Or maybe it's the number of years the pmbr must go on hiatus before they return with the master update and seal all casual play from existence.
or maybe it's nothing.

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
the new number of characters they bumped it up to? so instead of 5...7. Like you would say "we're aiming for seven newcomers."
Or maybe it's for seven in the sense that they want to release something by the month of july.
Or maybe it's the number of years the pmbr must go on hiatus before they return with the master update and seal all casual play from existence.
or maybe it's nothing.
The last one.

Can confirm.

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman
Sounds alright
I just don't think it'll happen
Unfortunately you're probably right, however I pitched "Mobius Copycat" Metal Sonic because he seemed the best way to incorporate the most of the Sonic franchise in a single character. At most, we'll most likely only get a single rep of any franchise, Sonic included. By using Metal Sonic not only do you get a cool villain, but you get the ability to include snippets of several Sonic characters through their specific abilities and fighting styles in a single character.

I do think it is possible we will get at least one Sonic character though, aren't some of the P:M team actually big Sonic fans? Isn't that why one of their original prototypes for the clone system Knuckles from Sonic? Or do I have my facts wrong?

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman
How about this for a Toad idea? Due to the fact his character is always giving out items, and of course, that he is a mushroom, maybe all of his special moves can be based on the various mushroom powerups of Mario lore?

Ground Up Special: Spring Mushroom, Toad surrounds himself in a coiled spring, the longer he holds it, the higher he goes, due to the spring's protection, he hurts anyone he collides with.

Aerial Up Special: Propeller Mushroom, donning the propeller helmet, Toad skyrockets into the air and floats back down, unlike the Spring Mushroom, there is no charge-up and Toad only damaged from the top of his head where the propeller is, but he floats back down after, helping recovery.

Side Special: Rock Mushroom, with a quick animation Toad currounds himself in rocks turning himself into a rolling boulder. He can only roll in one direction but the boulder gives him some armor. He can burst out of the bounder, doing some shrapnel damage. When used in the air, in propels Toad in the direction he was holding, allowing him recovery.

Down Special: Boo Mushroom, Toad turns white and hides his face as he goes transparent, only lasts a few seconds, but allows attacks, projectiles, and enemies to harmlessly pass through Boo Toad while he is temporarily incorporeal.

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
How about this for a Toad idea? Due to the fact his character is always giving out items, and of course, that he is a mushroom, maybe all of his special moves can be based on the various mushroom powerups of Mario lore?

Ground Up Special: Spring Mushroom, Toad surrounds himself in a coiled spring, the longer he holds it, the higher he goes, due to the spring's protection, he hurts anyone he collides with.

Aerial Up Special: Propeller Mushroom, donning the propeller helmet, Toad skyrockets into the air and floats back down, unlike the Spring Mushroom, there is no charge-up and Toad only damaged from the top of his head where the propeller is, but he floats back down after, helping recovery.

Side Special: Rock Mushroom, with a quick animation Toad currounds himself in rocks turning himself into a rolling boulder. He can only roll in one direction but the boulder gives him some armor. He can burst out of the bounder, doing some shrapnel damage. When used in the air, in propels Toad in the direction he was holding, allowing him recovery.

Down Special: Boo Mushroom, Toad turns white and hides his face as he goes transparent, only lasts a few seconds, but allows attacks, projectiles, and enemies to harmlessly pass through Boo Toad while he is temporarily incorporeal.
That doesn't sound like such a bad concept, actually.

What's his neutral special?

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman
That doesn't sound like such a bad concept, actually.

What's his neutral special?
Hmmmm ...

Special: Blorb Mushroom (Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story), Toad swells up to large size and becomes a super heavyweight temporarily. Only lasts a few seconds, but as a result of the swell in size, Toad is heavily resistant to flinching, although not damage. If used in the air, Toad plummets to the ground and causes a ground pound. Otherwise Toad is very slow to move and very short to jump while under the Blorb affliction.

Basically it turns Toad into a tank, he still takes damage, but could be worth it when you know an attack you're about to take, like an Aura Bomb or fully charged FE sword would break/pass through your shield anyway.

Last edited:

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman
Also, as for Toad recolors, you have the basics: Red & Blue vest (classic) as well as Blue and Yellow from New Super Mario Bros., Green for Green Team, and Pink in honor of Toadette (her fungus pigtails would require extra bones, so having her as her own alt costume would be difficult)

In addition, there would be two more Toads based on Fire Toad for Yellow and Blue Toad from NSMB.

And finally, as Toad's special alt costume, I was thinking of Peach's own oldest and most trusted advisor, Toadsworth:

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman
I think the Propeller Shroom would work better as an Up-special recovery, but that's just me.
That's why I was thinking the ground based up-special wound be Spring Mushroom, and the aerial based up-special would be Propeller Mushroom.

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman
**** PICHU
Pluse and Minu

THEY ALREADY HAD THE INFO IN BRAWL ANYWAY LIKE REALLY
See, as much as I don't really care for Pichu, I could be on board for Plusle and Minun, I could see them as a speedy mix of Pikachu and the Ice Climbers.

Like for their shtick, I could see Plusle being the Popo of the team, he would do most of the attacking, while Minun uses Helping Hand. If they are together and synched (giving the player reason to try and help Minun recover and keep him with Plusle) it would drastically increase the power of their moves. Or I could see half and half, half of the moves being affected by a Minun Helping Hand, the other half Minun would use Copycat, basically use the same move a second or so after Plusle.

If Minun get's KO'ed, Plusle will be weaker, but I could see maybe Plusle unlocking the move Last Resort, which is a high damaging move that could score some Minun-less KO's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom