• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Challenger for Smash Bros Wii U/3DS To Be Announced July 14th

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something

New challengers for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS have historically come with no warning - Most of the time these announcements have been sudden updates on the official website. With the release of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS coming shortly, Sakurai has announced that a new challenger intro will be livestreamed on July 14th on the official Smash Bros. website. The video will be approximately 3 minutes long.

With even a countdown already being posted down below, it's hard not to expect something special out of this.

This livestream will be presented at:

July 14th at 7 Pacific / 10 AM Eastern / 3 M UK / 4 PM CET

So, who do you think it will be? What newcomer will appear? Let us know in the comments below!

Thethirdkoopa is a Game Producer, Game Collector, Musician, Gamer, and Smash Fanatic at heart. He's a friendly guy too. He can be reached on Twitter: @Thirdkoopa

Last edited by a moderator:

BlurB

Smash Apprentice
Most interesting line to me is "bottom of the stash of new challenger VIDEOS we've made"

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
It could either be Chrom or Shulk to get people hyped, or the Chorus Boys because their possibly complicated playstyle could easily fill up those 3 minutes.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I am surprised. I called it though, why reveal it during EVO with a huge audience of people devoted to your game? Just reveal it early Monday when everyone is at work.

NewGuy79

Smash Journeyman
welp looks like its time to start speculating like crazy again....

I'll start with this one, " ya know guys if Sakurai is giving this reveal a whole live stream its got to to be a BIG announcement, like how much of a missed opportunity would this be if Sakurai didn't take advantage of this LARGE opportunity to reveal something truly MASSIVE".

I'll see myself out....

Last edited:

hsapin

Smash Rookie
I'm guessing they won't only be revealing a newcomer, but also a few veterans!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
welp looks like its time to start speculating like crazy again....

I'll start with this one, " ya know guys if Sakurai is giving this reveal a whole live stream its got to to be a BIG announcement, like how much of a missed opportunity would this be if Sakurai didn't take advantage of this LARGE opportunity to reveal something truly MASSIVE".

I'll see myself out....
Oh, they must be announcing Kraid from Metroid!

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
I highly doubt this would be chorus men this seems pretty big and its clearly not a veteran. I hope he at least has a couple newcomers after this though.
My guess is either Ridley or chrome. I don't think Shulk would live up to the hype.

D

Deleted member

I highly doubt this would be chorus men this seems pretty big and its clearly not a veteran. I hope he at least has a couple newcomers after this though.
My guess is either Ridley or chrome. I don't think Shulk would live up to the hype.
You have it backwards; Chrom is the one who would disappoint. Shulk is plenty more hype inducing than Chrom for most.

MugenLord

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MugenLord
3DS FC
4339-2485-7226
This is very different for Nintendo and I like it. It seems like they are following Capcom, Namco, and Nether Realm Studios when it comes to their fighting games.

Nintendo normally hold back on reveals for their games and just spring up new info randomly but now they are letting the fans know what to prepare for, I am loving it!

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
I wonder if a 3 MINUTE livestream is a lie.

Sakurai has to be pullin' something out besides that.

Atom`

Smash Rookie
NNID
SSBrawlMelee
3DS FC
0318-8048-9695
I now have a reason to look forward to going to work on Monday!
Yay Desk Jobs~!

TomBoComBo

Smash Ace
I hope in vein for Travis Touchdown.
but my guesses for the newcomer would be Impa, Chrom, Dixie kong, Midna.

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
Why do people think Chorus Boys are going to be in this game? I LOVE oddball characters like Wii Fit Trainer and Game & Watch, but honestly... that's taking things too far. (Although if it happens I'll probably end up loving them...)

This must be a big announcement... My guess is that it's a character that is WIDELY debated amongst Miiverse and Smashboards communities. (Like Ridley!)

SadisticPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
L4D4ever1718
3DS FC
0748-4043-7867
I hope for Chrom or a Zelda newcomer. But this next reveal would have to be pretty big if it's being live streamed.

Thatguy12344

Smash Rookie
Yuichiro Takeda retweeted SmashbrosJP's tweet about the newcomer coming monday. This could mean Shulk is coming but its not full confirmation.

Top Bottom