• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need help with camping fox/falco playstyles

Phantom1987

Smash Apprentice
I have tons of problem with these playstyles.. They just cover themself under platforms and laser the hell out of me and/or run all over the stage making it imposible for me to catch them.. Also, when I float over the laser, they end up interrupting my aproaches with nairs, o bairs ..

A little help please?

MisterCTM

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0387-9736-6460
Use turnips. Always have one in hand. Act like you're going to approach then throw a turnip in the direction they retreat to. Don't approach with anything, instead turn and get the percent lead, float over lasers/go to ledge, and camp them out. Dash attack is a good move to approach with depending on the stage because it is quick and they'll have problems dodging it if you space it well. Don't take them to Pokemon stadium/dreamland, instead taking them to like Yoshi's would be a good idea because you can keep on them and there isn't a huge area for them to go. Same with FoD. Also FD MAYBE (I like Falco here, but not Fox) because there are no platforms so they can't do their camping thing as easily.

Also, verbally abuse them out of game for being a piece of **** (that's a joke).

Aidn

Smash Rookie
NNID
Trotskyist
3DS FC
3754-6472-1500
Use turnips. Always have one in hand. Act like you're going to approach then throw a turnip in the direction they retreat to. Don't approach with anything, instead turn and get the percent lead, float over lasers/go to ledge, and camp them out. Dash attack is a good move to approach with depending on the stage because it is quick and they'll have problems dodging it if you space it well. Don't take them to Pokemon stadium/dreamland, instead taking them to like Yoshi's would be a good idea because you can keep on them and there isn't a huge area for them to go. Same with FoD. Also FD MAYBE (I like Falco here, but not Fox) because there are no platforms so they can't do their camping thing as easily.

Also, verbally abuse them out of game for being a piece of **** (that's a joke).
FoD is also good because the platforms are lower which means you can catch them in your dsmash if they are staying under the platforms.

MisterCTM

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0387-9736-6460
FoD is also good because the platforms are lower which means you can catch them in your dsmash if they are staying under the platforms.
This is true, but DO NOT start relying/spamming dsmash. Very bad habit that is very easy to get into.

Limbo

Smash Rookie
I think there are two sides to this coin. Mang0 was pretty stubborn for a long time vs Armada, and would always run in and get punished so much that he considered him a 'brick wall'. He mentioned how he had to accept the fact that you have to camp peach with lasers and approach wisely, so this playstyle will be very common vs peach players.

So now, every time that Armada plays defensive vs mang0, you generally see him retreating to camp lasers in order to get Armada out of his shield or defensive stance; obviously its hard to see it in action cause mang0 is so fast, and he switches very quickly between camp and approach, but other foxes aren't as fast.

What Armada has to do instead is to be aggro, and zone out the fox from the stage. I think peach struggles in this more than most top tiers definitely, but its very much doable. F-air will trade in peach's favor vs fox's nair or bair, unless the % gap is clearly different, so go for trades whenever you can, since peach is the queen of trades. Thing is, Fair takes a while to come out, so if theyre stuffing you with aerials before your Fair comes out, then you have to do it earlier. If it doesnt hit u can cover yourself with jabs if the fox goes for a grab. (assuming u fastfall and jump cancel it)

If the fox is running, he only has so many places to run to. You can create a wall of fairs in his direction (or something similar), and eventually force him to lose his ground. But you have to be smart on this because some foxes are trying to bait out your moves to punish. Like a marth would do, you have to shove him away from the stage and corner him to limit his options, or fight back on his approaches with your turnips and dash attacks.

Dont commit to approaching, but rather commit to zoning him away safely, and break his dash dancing and space with your dash attacks and turnips. Eventually u can spray the fox once you corner him.

EDIT: just saw this set on salty playground, i think game 2 is a pefect example of how to handle fox camping https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy4yP7uZNxU (bonus phantom stitchface!? :V)

Last edited:

Sprenzy

Smash Apprentice
I have tons of problem with these playstyles.. They just cover themself under platforms and laser the hell out of me and/or run all over the stage making it imposible for me to catch them.. Also, when I float over the laser, they end up interrupting my aproaches with nairs, o bairs ..

A little help please?
dunno if it works but its funny, just hold light shield and down on the cstick

Top Bottom