• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need Help Running 3.6 on Dolphin [Not for Netplay]

MaybeGerg

Smash Apprentice
The last time I tried to ask for help, I couldn't get much further but I didn't know where to go.

For the record, I used the below link as a guide, and took screenshots along the way.
http://afriendlyfox.com/2013/07/22/project-m-super-smash-bros-brawl-mod-on-the-dolphin-wii-emulator/

Used Dolhpin 4.0.2
Used the same Brawl ISO I've used for all 3.5 builds.
Downloaded Dolphin SDCard Maker
Re-downloaded the most recent homebrew.zip, moving it to the work folder.
Still have WinImage from previous attempts.
Downloaded the most recent Gecko OS.

Folder:

Steps 1,2,3 and 4 have been done here.
5. Run EasyDolphinSDCard Maker.exe
1. Make size at least 512MB.

2. Click "make virtual SDCard"

6. Extract homebrew.zip

7. Winimage

8. Gecko

9. Dolphin

From there, I can't see what I've done wrong, so I'd deeply appreciate help. Thanks again.

MaybeGerg

Smash Apprentice
I've tried to install a newer one, and it doesn't launch, complaining about not having files that I have. Does the version affect this method?
EDIT
Installed the most recent Release Candidate and made some progress.
I now see this.

Followed by...

Last edited:

Kurausukun

Smash Apprentice
You need to install the Visual C++ 2015 redistributable to use the latest dev versions.

MaybeGerg

Smash Apprentice
Updated to the most recent version (thanks Kurausukun) but no real progress was made beyond the same dolphin crashes I had previously.

Kurausukun

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if this is the issue or not, but it seems you're using a .elf file to boot Gecko? Try using a .wad of Gecko 1.9.3.1 instead. I've heard it works better, and it's what I use.

Last edited:

MaybeGerg

Smash Apprentice
I got a .wad file, but I'm still having similar problems. Should the .wad be on a bios of some sort, or am I really just that stupid?

Kurausukun

Smash Apprentice
I don't know what you mean by bios. That's really not relevant here... A few things; are you on Windows 10? What are your settings on Gecko, especially your hooktype? Also, it would help if you posted some pictures of the structure of your virtual SD. But if none of that works, you should go to the Dolphin forums for help troubleshooting.

Last edited:

MaybeGerg

Smash Apprentice
Windows 7

I believe that's what the guide said to do? VBI, and the structure of the sd.raw?

Kurausukun

Smash Apprentice
Try turning SD file patching off. All I know is that I have it off. Luckily your hooktype is the correct one to use with Dolphin. If this doesn't work, then you really should ask someone from the Dolphin forums.

Top Bottom