• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need Help Getting Better With Peach

Yung

Smash Rookie
I've been playing peach for a while now and I think she is really fun to play so I want to get a little more technical with her. My question is what is the importance of knowing frame rates for peach while in an in game situation? I know what frame rates are but I'm new too this and I don't understand why they are important to know. If someone could help me out with this question that would be great thank you!

-Yung

Are what you call frame rates what many others refer too as the frame data? Stuff like this page: http://smashboards.com/threads/complete-peach-hitboxes-and-frame-data.287033/

In general, this stuff is pretty pointless to know about in terms of actual practical usage. Its an interesting topic to know about and out of all of that information you could look at very little of it should really be worth knowing about. For example, knowing that peach's dsmash makes her legs invincible or her head invinicible during the active hitbox of her Uptilt is actually useful to know about. Otherwise, simply knowing the frame data is relatively useless. Its when you start applying the stuff to specific situations do you start to learn about some interesting things. As another example, peach being able to get a frame advantage on shield from float canceling is a pretty huge thing to know about. Other situations its useful to apply this stuff is when looking at punish opportunities. What is guaranteed to hit or what would be good to beat out this other person's disjoint with.

Yung

Smash Rookie
Are what you call frame rates what many others refer too as the frame data? Stuff like this page: http://smashboards.com/threads/complete-peach-hitboxes-and-frame-data.287033/

In general, this stuff is pretty pointless to know about in terms of actual practical usage. Its an interesting topic to know about and out of all of that information you could look at very little of it should really be worth knowing about. For example, knowing that peach's dsmash makes her legs invincible or her head invinicible during the active hitbox of her Uptilt is actually useful to know about. Otherwise, simply knowing the frame data is relatively useless. Its when you start applying the stuff to specific situations do you start to learn about some interesting things. As another example, peach being able to get a frame advantage on shield from float canceling is a pretty huge thing to know about. Other situations its useful to apply this stuff is when looking at punish opportunities. What is guaranteed to hit or what would be good to beat out this other person's disjoint with.
Thanks for the help man appreciate it! :):peach:

Top Bottom