• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nana threw away from edge while standing on it?

shuall

Smash Apprentice
Standing on left platform on yoshi's in training mode
dash grab fox on left side of platform, so facing left, furthest left I could possibly be on the left platform.
Dthrow handoff to nana.
Nana backthrows onto the stage...
Cannot recreate...

Has anything similar happened to anyone before?
Do anyone know why nana just did that?
I thought she would always throw towards the edge, but she backthrew away from it.

Last edited:

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Im not 100% sure of what causes the AI to get confused like this, but it only happens on platforms, and when nana is on the very edge of one.
She gets confused and will just throw randomly for some reason.

I was playing around with it like a year or two ago and I could recreate it the best on battlefield by rolling to the inner edge of the lower platforms and handoffing to nana while she was pushed up against the edge.

Just something you need to be aware of with nana's wonky AI.

shuall

Smash Apprentice
You think it's at all related to her normally standing by you when you're on the edge, but if you hit her to the other side of the stage or on a platform edge, she'll sometimes stand by that edge instead?

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
I've seen her u-throw on a platform before. I don't remember if she was on the very edge or closer to the middle, but I was confused.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
In the very center of larger platforms she can also get confused. I think dreamland might be the only legal stage that can occassionally happen on, but I havent really played around with that

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Every instance I've seen of abnormal behavior has been extremely close to the edge. My only guess as to why is that maybe the way the game checks if she's close to an edge fails if she's extremely close to one. For example, maybe it compares the horizontal coordinate of a certain part of Nana to the horizontal coordinates of the edges of the platform she's on, but maybe that part of Nana can barely jut past the nearby edge and cause some in-game confusion.

SSBears

Smash Rookie
Tends to happen for me only on dreamland when whispy is blowing. Haven't ever had it happen in another instance.

Top Bottom