• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Smash Corner Releases Mewtwo Tutorial

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
My Smash Corner, the popular YouTube channel that covers the basics of Smash, released a 5 minutes tips and tricks video on Mewtwo. Mewtwo was released in April 2015 by Nintendo as the first DLC for Super Smash Brothers for Wii U. The popular character from the Pokemon franchise is available for download on the Wii U or 3DS for $3.99 each - or you can get Mewtwo for both for $4.99. Mewtwo's place on the tier list is still unknown, though most are pegging the character at about mid-tier in potential. The video from My Smash Corner may give you a leg up on the competition and even if you aren't going to use Mewtwo, it can be important to know what to watch for.

Mewtwo will be usable at this summer's blockbuster tournament, EVO 2015. Watch the video below to get started and talk about the character on our character specific forums here!

CNMNE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CNMNE
3DS FC
2895-8158-1141
Wow, I thought i was pretty good with Mewtwo, but there were so many things I didn't know about! Footstool nair looked so crazy. Thanks for the tips

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457
Mewtwo was the char I put the most training into after the patch and I feel like a scrub not using dtilt more:facepalm:, otherwise great video! We need more :150: in this world.

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
Straw grasping: as weird as this may sound (Mewtwo has some big weaknesses), I can literally see Mewtwo as the best character, not like Diddy, but like Melee Fox. Easy to play, hard to master.

Last edited:

TheAxeWarrior

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheAxeWarrior
This video is absolutely fantastical!! So, so many things to learn. And I'm gonna spend every free moment I have perfecting each one.

Watch out "top-tier" Smashers, Mewtwo strikes back! :4mewtwo:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
While I'm sure there will be a top player repping Mewtwo in tournaments soon. There are still a lot of characters that need more appearances.

DarkStar64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Keystoner_33
3DS FC
4914-3939-6213
This video was great, I feel like footstool combos could potentially evolve Smash 4's meta a lot, people need to experiment more with them.

King9191

Smash Rookie
The weird thing is, I bought Mewtwo almost immediately after he went live on the DLC Shop, and within minutes of training with him, I worked out that down tilt combos into other moves. After discovering how good his jab was, I expanded into jab to down tilt to forward air/up tilt/neutral air. Didn't think about a jump cancel up smash though. That was pretty nice.

Like the footstool setups, but I don't like that they don't work on certain characters.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Of course Mewtwo gets one. Though in all fairness he has plenty of easy combo tools, but people won't recognize them right away without a little guidance or testing. So that's nice, of course.

But something even nicer would be Smash Corner Guides that focus on the harder to use characters. Such as Zelda, WFT(though let's be honest there's no hope for her/him), Ganondorf, Ike, Monodoboy, and anyone else that's considered hard to use or uncommon ones with various tricks.

Sgt-Sol

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sol-Bird 64
3DS FC
2681-1465-2550

WHEN YOU WANT TO LAND A SPIKE WITH MEWTWO, BUT YOU DONT WANANA DISRESPECT , but you do it anyways .

This is me every time i land a spike with mewtwo

RanserSSF4

Banned via Administration
NNID
RanserSSF4
I do think Mewtwo has good potential because I found he has good setups and frame traps. After seeing this, I'm baffled and surprised that he can do his DJC in the form of Down and Neutral special.

So neat. Glad I'm picking him up and possibly maining him with Falcon. My only biggest complaint about him is that he's WAY TOO LIGHT!

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
As balanced as the game is, I can literally see Mewtwo as the best character, not like Diddy, but like Melee Fox. Easy to play, hard to master.
Too early to even say who the best character is, much less to declare the character who's only been available for about a week as the best.

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
So neat. Glad I'm picking him up and possibly maining him with Falcon. My only biggest complaint about him is that he's WAY TOO LIGHT!
you know... Rosalina, for some reason, is recognized as a heavyweight in Mario Kart. some suggest her light weight in Smash is due to an antigravity effect she's using. one could easily suggest that kind of logic to Mewtwo's telekinesis... to some extent...

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Is you watch.

Smash Bros. Academic video (Basic of mewtwo and extra) and Smash Corner Video (COMBO VIDEO) of mewtwo of BOTH youtube channel.

You discover that Mewtwo has great potential.
The only he forgot that, Disable is a projectile and Villager can Pocket.

Yes, Villager pocket disable.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I can give a Melee tutorial to Mewtwo:

1. Enter the Character Select Screen
2. Consider your options carefully
3. Choose Mewtwo
4. Reconsider your options carefully
5. Choose Fox
6. Press Start

ZomBiehn

Semi-Pro
NNID
ZomBiehnU
3DS FC
3153-5961-0908
Nice combo tutorial, good to see a few combos and setups with MewTwo, I knew a few but the double jump neutral A will be sweet to learn

The 0ne

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toady3
3DS FC
0104-2324-5980
Very good video. My Smash Corner never ceases to amaze me with things I never knew before. I wonder how he does at tournaments, because from the looks of it, he's the only Smasher currently that I've seen who actually uses things like footstool combos and Perfect Pivoting.

Although I'm gonna stop playing like a little ***** and use them too.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Great video, Mewtwo has some potential.
Now if I could just consistently do footstools.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Alright, nothing too interesting.

Team Plasma N

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3952-8297-3456
Finally someone else who uses jab > downtilt as a combo starter. Every other Mewtwo I've seen doesn't even bother trying it :/.

Sp1nda

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg

WHEN YOU WANT TO LAND A SPIKE WITH MEWTWO, BUT YOU DONT WANANA DISRESPECT , but you do it anyways .

This is me every time i land a spike with mewtwo
If you think spiking with Mewtwo is disrespectful, try spiking with Bowser. I was rolling in a salt mine after I landed the spike.

Starlightstream

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1048-8584-8382
Really nice combo tutorials as well as some fundamentals. Actually didn't even know of the jump cancel in his up smash until watching. Really well done.

Smash Ace
I do think Mewtwo has good potential because I found he has good setups and frame traps. After seeing this, I'm baffled and surprised that he can do his DJC in the form of Down and Neutral special.

Well, Mewtwo does have the honor of being the 3rd lightest character in the game, so RESPECT THE (awesome) MEWTWO!!!

Mr. Cuddles

Smash Apprentice
Of course Mewtwo gets one. Though in all fairness he has plenty of easy combo tools, but people won't recognize them right away without a little guidance or testing. So that's nice, of course.

But something even nicer would be Smash Corner Guides that focus on the harder to use characters. Such as Zelda, WFT(though let's be honest there's no hope for her/him), Ganondorf, Ike, Monodoboy, and anyone else that's considered hard to use or uncommon ones with various tricks.
I feel that you dont need a guide to play ANY charcter in smash 4 besides knowing any special tricks(like mega mans agt). the game is so simple and easy to play that i feel that any player can use a character as long as they know what the moves do .

ssbMars

Fox only 420XX Blaze it
It's good to see that Mewtwo opens up options for techniques that are at least semi-advanced. I like that the combos which require faster button input have a good payout. I'm noticing that footstool is becoming increasingly useful for continuing combos. I'll definitely have to start incorporating it into my Project M playstyle. Anyways, I'm really feeling it looking forward to when my Wii U will arrive in the next few days.

12.5voltSenpai

Smash Rookie
NNID
MasterHector
3DS FC
3308-4758-8536
While I'm sure there will be a top player repping Mewtwo in tournaments soon. There are still a lot of characters that need more appearances.
I'm waiting for a R.O.B to do really well. I would say Olimar/Alph too but there was one at Apex in the finals.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Ah! Excellent video. This is not a bad character.

Top Bottom